More frightening, Stannis or Tywin?

What does everyone think? For me, if I was on the opposite side of a war i'd be more scared of Stannis. Shadow babies being one of the main reasons. Also with Stannis being such a good commander my side would most likely lose too. Plus it doesn't matter how overwhelmingly the odds are against him, Stannis would still come at me and nothing frightens him. Which frightens me. Plus if I was a criminal, I'd definitely be more scared of Stannis because i'd be punished severely.

At least with Tywin on the opposite side i'm not as scared seeing as he's not as great of a commander. A bit of a pussy too on the field when compared to so many of the other commanders in ASOIAF.

However if i lost to either of them, I'd be more scared of Tywin due to the repercussions. Dude would have me slaughtered as well as my whole family and probably have any of my relatives raped and my home completely destroyed just to teach a lesson.

Stannis is certainly more frightening on the battlefield but overall I think I'd be more frightened of Tywin, Tywin is ruthless and doesnt care much for honor or justice. Stannis however is just and respects honor, so yeah Tywin is more frightening. Dude would make your entire family extinct if you disgraced him or his family enough.

i'd say tywin. he's driven to win no matter what and would easily commit atrocities if it ensured his victory. stannis has a supernatural edge but he doesn't use it during war, if i'm not mistaken. and his shadow baby making days are behind him. :P

Tywin, he made a big mistake doubted that Tyrion would shoot the crossbow.He was only fear because he had people like the Mountain. all the stuff he plan to have Lannister be fear have made a lot of people to want his family dead. LF was not scare of betraying the Lannister but he sort of people fear Stannis more than Tywin.

Stannis. 'cause Tywin is dead :P

Seriously though, it depends. It's safe to say I wouldn't want either to be against me if given a choice, but at the end of the day, I'm going to go with Tywin. As in, I'd rather face him than Stannis.

Depends on what you have done -

Tywin would be willing to make a deal with you if you have something to offer - ala Freys, Bolton, etc. So if you are holding any cards, you can try and cut your losses by kissing his ass.

Stannis would execute you if you have done anything that results in that penalty. Just no way around it.

If you haven't done anything dishonorable, and can still face Stannis, then I would be less afraid of someone like him. If you are trying to retain any pride or independence in the fact of Tywin, he'll backstab your ass so fast you won't realize he is already arranging for someone to marry your daughter and take your lands.

Interesting things to add in Stannis' favour terms of some of the players of the game:

Varys and Littlefinger continue with their schemes whilst Tywin's around, whereas they are scared with Stannis. Both know they're doomed if he wins. And as Varys says one of my favourite quotes "Is there anything more terrifying than a truly just man"

Tyrells schemed right under Tywin's nose when they killed Joff

Tyrion's more scared of Stannis than Renly with his 5000 swords in ACOK

I think even Tywin was very scared of Stannis, even after the Blackwater because he knew Stannis couldn't be broken so easily. First in AGOT, Tywin talks about Stannis being the biggest threat. Then in ASOS when he hears Stannis has left Dragonstone and he's scared he'll rally Dorne to his side he's scared and thinks the war could last for years even with all the power of the Reach, Westerlands and whatever he got from Riverlands and Crownlands. As he says "This is Stannis Baratheon, the man will fight to the bitter end and then some"

That being said, if i was just a commoner i'd be scared of Tywin because he'll order horrible things to be done to me and all those i know just for the sake of it

Stannis. The unreasonable sorts are always frightening. He's in a bad mood all the damn time too. He's just itching to dole out some justice.

Tywin on the other hand reminds me of that boss, "If I didn't see it, it didn't happen." Tywin is also a result oriented guy. If you can give him results and obviously don't rebel, he's actually pretty lax on what he lets his bannermen get away with.

Archived