A Song of Ice And Fire

I know this may sound silly but what if it actually means Stannis and Jon, because they're said to be alike maybe Stannis kinda saves Jon and has him brought back to life, or Healed if he's not truly dead and in the End they Fight to the death against the Great other. Because Stannis could be Azor Ahai and Jon is Light Bringer. i don't know. XD

"A Song of Ice and Fire" has two meanings. TDtwP is supposed to have a song, and that song is to be the Song of Ice and Fire. Also GRRM has said that "A Song of Ice and Fire" is what future Westerosi will use to refer to the events coming up in the final books (i.e. the great battle to come).

Stannis is not Azor Ahai Reborn, so far as the text says. Only Mel thinks that he is. He wasn't born amidst smoke and salt. He hasn't been reborn, as some other characters have. He could become AAR possibly, but at the moment he doesn't really fit it at all.

"A Song of Ice and Fire" has two meanings. TDtwP is supposed to have a song, and that song is to be the Song of Ice and Fire. Also GRRM has said that "A Song of Ice and Fire" is what future Westerosi will use to refer to the events coming up in the final books (i.e. the great battle to come).

Stannis is not Azor Ahai Reborn, so far as the text says. Only Mel thinks that he is. He wasn't born amidst smoke and salt. He hasn't been reborn, as some other characters have. He could become AAR possibly, but at the moment he doesn't really fit it at all.

He was kinda reborn into R'hllor on the island which is a Volcano(Smoke) and which is surrounded by Sea(Salt) XD

Nah. Jon is Ice and Fire. Bran is Ice. Dany is Fire.

Stannis is a homeless, self-righteous twat with serious mental health issues, not to mention soon to be mostly irrelevant to the story.

How is he going ot become irrelevant, if anything Dany has, sh'es bin in Mereen for so long and honestly found a way to destroy a culture and starve a population of Slaves, Stannis is fighting for the North and the Starks claim for it, he's bringing Justice to Westerois and will most liekly wipe out a lot of Greedy, murderous Families. By the way what is Dany going to do if Victarion takes the Dragons from her? XD

While I am a fan of both Jon and Stannis, I have to admit that I doubt the song of Ice and Fire has anything to do with both of them, or more specifically, I think it has a lot to do with the former and nothing to do with the latter.
Stannis' story is involved with the game of thrones aspect (though I admit this could always change), while Jon is involved with the song of ice and fire. There was already some foreshadowing to suggest that AAR isn't Stannis as Mel thinks but is actually Jon (when Mel looks into the fire trying to see AAR and sees Jon).
I'm afriad that hoping for them to be AAR and Lightbringer might be a bit of wishful thinking :( sorry.

LOL. Although given your name bias is to be expected.

1) He's going to become irrelevant because his story is nearly entirely devoted to the 'Game of Thrones' section of the story. Melisandre was his link to the magical side of things, and she isn't with him currently. The Game of Thrones arc is not long for this series, the Lannisters are going down soon. Euron will, too. There will be the DwD 2.0, and that will settle the matter mostly. The other leaders (likely Sansa, Dorne, Tyrells) are not going to want to fight much more.

2) Dany is anything but irrelevant. She is probably the singularly most powerful character at the moment, given her Dragons (and post victory in Meereen, her big fuck off army), and we know from a recent SSM that she will be returning to Westeros in the next book. Plus, there are clear indications that she will be fighting the Others (dreams, prophecies) as well as fighting to become Queen. As for starving slaves and changing cultures, the morality of her actions does not go hand in hand with her relevance.

3) Same morality argument could be made for Stannis. And if you think he's fighting for the Stark claim in WF, you are off your head. The only Stark he knows is alive is a Lannister. He's fighting for the North because he wants to use it. And his so called Justice is only him inflicting his warped sense of right and wrong on a nation of the unwilling. As for wiping out these ''greedy, murderous families'' (what is this, a childrens book?), I agree that he might well wipe out the Boltons... but that's about it. The other two main families of that description, Lannister and Frey, will be brought down by their own hand and by the Starks respectively

4) If the horn that Victarion has is actually capable of holding dragons, it can only take one at a time. And if you really think that said Dragon will be able to hold off the other two before the bearer of the horn is killed, you're fooling yourself. Also, in case you didn't notice she has an army of Unsullied who are already utterly loyal to her.

Clearly you hate Stannis, But Davos is bin sent to smuggle Rickon Stark from Skagos, i'd assume that Davos would bring Rickon to Stannis, in which then he'd place him as Lord Paramount of the North after he finishes with the Boltons, and besides i don't see how the Starks would be the ones to Wipe out the Freys and such, they're pretty much done unless Rickon is saved. Dany has an Army of Unsullied and an army of slaves once again she doesn't have the food and shit to feed Dragons, unsullied and a shit ton of slaves. If Cictarion takes Drogon it Can, and besides even if it Dies Dany's going to Cry like the Little Girl she is. Dany gonig ot Westerois is anything but good, she can barely control her Dragons and having three barely tamed Dragons flying all of Westerois killing and destroying everything isn't good. When Drogon is at his prime i can see him Burning King's Landing down. Daenerys is no Aegon the Conquer. :/

I know this may sound silly but what if it actually means Stannis and Jon, because they're said to be alike maybe Stannis kinda saves Jon and has him brought back to life, or Healed if he's not truly dead and in the End they Fight to the death against the Great other. Because Stannis could be Azor Ahai and Jon is Light Bringer. i don't know. XD

There's an easy trick that helps you identifying main characters of a story. They are those that author writes lots and lots about. Those with visibly less pages devoted to them are secondary characters. So no, "A Song of Ice and Fire" is not and has never been Stannis' story, he's only one of many secondary characters.

this is really interesting. where did you find the quote?

Online somewhere. Might be in a SSM. It's hard to find using the search function because "a song of ice and fire" is mentioned so often on this site it's like looking for a particular grain of sand on the beach. But if I do find it, I'll be sure and come back and give you the source.

He was kinda reborn into R'hllor on the island which is a Volcano(Smoke) and which is surrounded by Sea(Salt) XD

I don't think Stannis is a true convert to R'hllor, so I'm not sure that really works. I am open to him becoming "reborn" at some point though. It would be hugely fun if after all this Stannis does end up being AAR.

Er...who said that?

• 2 weeks later...

Er...who said that?

In truth, the young lord commander and her king had more in common than either one would ever be willing to admit. Stannis had been a younger son living in the shadow of his elder brother, just as Jon Snow, bastard-born, had always been eclipsed by his trueborn sibling, the fallen hero men had called the Young Wolf. Both men were unbelievers by nature, mistrustful, suspicious. The only gods they truly worshipped were honor and duty.[51]

Melisandre

She is probably the singularly most powerful character at the moment, given her Dragons

The Great Other say hi.

Dragons are overrated they've been killed many times in history, Serwyn slained a full grown dragon in single combat I don't even want to know what would happen to Dany's dragons if they came to Westeros for war.

The Great Other say hi.

Dragons are overrated they've been killed many times in history, Serwyn slained a full grown dragon in single combat I don't even want to know what would happen to Dany's dragons if they came to Westeros for war.

We don't know that Serwyn really lived though, let alone slew a dragon. The stories about him don't add up, time-wise.

Also GRRM has said that "A Song of Ice and Fire" is what future Westerosi will use to refer to the events coming up in the final books (i.e. the great battle to come).

My life will now be consumed by looking for this quote...

The Great Other say hi.

The Great Other is fake, and the author's word is that of god.

Archived