Sheepstealer

Silverwing

Sunfyre

Syrax

Tessarion

Vermax

Verthimor

Vhagar

I think that's all of them. So at least 13. Then you have to decide if you count the dragons that died in the Dragonpit as having fought in the war. There's no other mention in the books of Dreamfyre, Morghul, Shrykos or Tyraxes being in combat. Though we know there was more to the war than what we got in The Princess and The Queen. Also do you count Stormcloud? He helped Aegon the Younger escape a battle before dying. Lastly Grey Ghost died fighting Sunfyre, I personally wouldn't count him because that battle had nothing to do with the war.

It's probably not important but that number 17 after Ulf and Sheepstealer stood out...

I never noticed that. Could you please provide the definitive quote?

Sure, from AFFC Prologue.

'At the top of the steps, a pale blond youth about Sam’s age sat outside a door of oak and iron, staring intently into a candle flame with his right eye. His left was hidden beneath a fall of ash blond hair. “What are you looking for?” Alleras asked him. “Your destiny? Your death?”

The blond youth turned from the candle, blinking. “Naked women,” he said.'

Sure, from AFFC Prologue.

'At the top of the steps, a pale blond youth about Sams age sat outside a door of oak and iron, staring intently into a candle flame with his right eye. His left was hidden beneath a fall of ash blond hair. What are you looking for? Alleras asked him. Your destiny? Your death?

The blond youth turned from the candle, blinking. Naked women, he said.'

First, that's the last Sam chapter from Feast, not the prologue.

Second, Leo is joking here, not hinting towards knowing Alleras' identity. There is no hint in this.

First, that's the last Sam chapter from Feast, not the prologue.

Second, Leo is joking here, not hinting towards knowing Alleras' identity. There is no hint in this.

My bad, I'm finishing A Clash of Kings, in my second read of the series. I wonder how many reads takes to have the chapters' order sorted out. If that's possible.

As to Leo, after mocking the whole group in the tavern one by one, I doubt that comment was a joke. I think this man knows some interesting things and may also be passing information to the Tyrells.

Killing Tywin and escaping kings landing, I am not saying he did anything wrong but because of that a lot of dwarfs have ended up dead.

Well, maybe Cersei should show some empathy for the innocent dwarfs, and request that Tyrion is brought to her alive or the reward is forfeit. Instead, she's wondering about how many dwarves there can possibly be. Cersei is the reason for this.

My bad, I'm finishing A Clash of Kings, in my second read of the series. I wonder how many reads takes to have the chapters' order sorted out. If that's possible.

As to Leo, after mocking the whole group in the tavern one by one, I doubt that comment was a joke. I think this man knows some interesting things and may algo be passing information to the Tyrells.

But the comment wasn't made in the tavern ;) We see Leo mocking Alleras in the tavern in the prologue.

In the last Sam chapter, the part you quoted can be found, and this is the sentence Leo is introduced with in that chapter specifically.

Leo seems to know things, and he does seem to be close to Marwyn, as Alleras is.

But the comment you quoted is speaking about naked women. No one's nakes in the chapter, and Sarella is a woman, not multiple women.

I just realized Jon Snow is named for Jon Arryn. Which leads me to believe Ned told Jon Arryn about Jon's parents--otherwise, wouldn't he be outraged to have a bastard named in his honor?

All the secrets that old man took to his grave! :D

But the comment wasn't made in the tavern ;) We see Leo mocking Alleras in the tavern in the prologue.

In the last Sam chapter, the part you quoted can be found, and this is the sentence Leo is introduced with in that chapter specifically.

Leo seems to know things, and he does seem to be close to Marwyn, as Alleras is.

But the comment you quoted is speaking about naked women. No one's nakes in the chapter, and Sarella is a woman, not multiple women.

I'm a 'big picture person', it takes time for me to sort details out.

I see, but I think the plural was a distraction. Like giving a message that he knows her secret, but he won't leak it as it could prove useful for his interests. It's hard to not become suspicious of everything you read on this story.

I just realized Jon Snow is named for Jon Arryn. Which leads me to believe Ned told Jon Arryn about Jon's parents--otherwise, wouldn't he be outraged to have a bastard named in his honor?

Or was he named for Jon Connington just a thought but maybe Rhaegar might have wanted him named after his best mate and told Lyanna to name him that.

Jon arryn would be a good scapegoat for Ned to get away with it.

Or was he named for Jon Connington just a thought but maybe Rhaegar might have wanted him named after his best mate and told Lyanna to name him that.

Martin confirmed that Ned named Jon.

5. Since all of their mothers died, who gave Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister their names?

Mothers can name a child before birth, or during, or after, even while they are dying. Dany was most like named by her mother, Tyrion by his father, Jon by Ned.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Numerous_Questions1

GRRM stated that Jon Snow was named by Ned Stark, so he won't have been named for Jon Connington ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by RumHam

The Dusky Woman is Missandei's mum!

The Good Master Kraznys asks, are they not magnificent?" The girl spoke the Common Tongue well, for one who had never been to Westeros. No older than ten, she had the round flat face, dusky skin, and golden eyes of Naath. The Peaceful People, her folk were called. All agreed that they made the best slaves.

Daenerys II, Storm

Missandei and her brothers had been taken from their home on Naath by raiders from the Basilisk Isles and sold into slavery in Astapor.

Daenerys II, Dance

...the charcoal-and-earth color of the dusky woman's skin, ...

The Iron Suitor, Dance

As a reward for his leal service, the new-crowned king had given Victarion the dusky woman, taken off some slaver bound for Lys.

The Reaver, Feast

How so? Her house is never stated anywhere, I thought..

One of the daughters of Alys is said to became a septa after the pox left scars on her face. Septa Nysterica's face has pox scars. Not sure if it's an easter egg or just a coincidence.

Archived