Board Issues 4

Angalin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I keep getting an annoying little pop-up that wants me to load an app. I first hit cancel and then the close button, but it keeps coming back over and over again, even when I'm just scrolling down a page.

Finally I hit accept and it takes me to the App Store where it says to download some sort of music app. I'm perfectly fine without music on this board, so if there is anything that can be done to disable this pop-up I would be much obliged.

Thanks

We just put in HTTPS as the default, and at a guess this is related to that. Try wiping all your Westeros.org cookies, shutting the browser, then starting again and trying to log in once more.

ETA: Okay, it seems to be that you show as logged out on the home page... but if you click through to a thread or sub-forum, does it look fine then? That's what I'm seeing. It's a bit weird and I suspect it is an issue with caching that I'll look into. The solution for now seems to be to just go to a thread/sub-forum first, and after that it should recognize you're properly logged in.

Edited by Ran

On 3/19/2017 at 6:39 PM, John Suburbs said:

Hi folks,

I keep getting an annoying little pop-up that wants me to load an app. I first hit cancel and then the close button, but it keeps coming back over and over again, even when I'm just scrolling down a page.

Finally I hit accept and it takes me to the App Store where it says to download some sort of music app. I'm perfectly fine without music on this board, so if there is anything that can be done to disable this pop-up I would be much obliged.

Thanks

Do you recall the name of the app in questioN? With that I can probably figure out which add is causing the problem and get it blocked.

4 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

I'm suddenly constantly being logged out when visiting the forum. Selecting the "remember me" option when logging back in does not change this, because if I take a look on the forum for example an hour later, I'm logged out again. This is happening on all devices.

Same here

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I am getting the "you have won a 1000 dollar gift card" ads today as well. This one doesn't even wait for me to click on a topic, it just auto redirects straight from the main page.

Edit: Thats using safari on my iphone over wifi.

That's what I'm getting too... with wifi.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Same problem for me.  The site was unusable yesterday.  Seems better so far today.  I assumed the site was hacked/compromised by malware, not just running aggressive ads. 

I still get huge slowdowns when typing as it tries to generate relevant auto suggestions.  In fairness, it comes up with good auto suggestions from within the thread but waiting several seconds to type each character makes the site unusable too. 

All problems experienced on safari for iPhone.  

Thanks

I am also getting redirected to what looks like a Facebook page with the "you have won some bullshit prize" popup. I'm on the Chrome browser on an Android phone so it's not just a Safari issue apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...