Board Issues 4

Angalin

59 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It's this thread:

When I hit submit reply, the page goes completely blank, and the URL has '&failedReply=1' added to the end.

I'm using a PC.

Same issue here, same thread. Tried three times over the last few hours, on safari for iPad. 

Like BlackBear I can type out my post and click submit, then the page loads and goes blank. If I go back to the thread my post isn't there, but the editor saves the draft

Can you guys post now? I managed without a problem. My one thought is that something in spoiler or quoting code is breaking and not making it possible to post until someone makes an edit on the offending page. I'm curious if it's possible that the spoiler code is specifically at fault, as that may be something that can be tweaked.

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Same issue here, same thread. Tried three times over the last few hours, on safari for iPad. 

Like BlackBear I can type out my post and click submit, then the page loads and goes blank. If I go back to the thread my post isn't there, but the editor saves the draft

I have the same problem on Win 7 PC, using Firefox. Just tried to post on the Literature forum a couple of times. Got blank page on submitting and my post doesn't appear when I load the page. I had 2 quotes and spoiler tags in my post - could that be the problem?

P.S. Yep, tried again, the same result. This post got through fine, obviously.

Edited by Maia

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Can you guys post now? I managed without a problem. My one thought is that something in spoiler or quoting code is breaking and not making it possible to post until someone makes an edit on the offending page. I'm curious if it's possible that the spoiler code is specifically at fault, as that may be something that can be tweaked.

I think it must be the spoiler code. I tried posting again but it didn't work. Then I removed the spoiler tagged quote and was able to post.

(I was quoting someone who had spoiler tagged stuff, but since I am able to quote people here I assumed the spoiler tags were the problem

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think it must be the spoiler code. I tried posting again but it didn't work. Then I removed the spoiler tagged quote and was able to post.

(I was quoting someone who had spoiler tagged stuff, but since I am able to quote people here I assumed the spoiler tags were the problem

Me too, problem now solved.

Okay, that's definitely actionable. WIll hopefully be able to get this fixed by Monday latest.

ETA: What browsers are you both using? It may be specific to a particular browser as well. Just Firefox for all of you?

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Okay, that's definitely actionable. WIll hopefully be able to get this fixed by Monday latest.

ETA: What browsers are you both using? It may be specific to a particular browser as well. Just Firefox for all of you?

Firefox is my default, but I tried on Chrome too, the problem was the same on both. H said she was using Safari on IPad.

Forum will not let me post on this thread

in Internet Explorer or Chrome.  It's letting me post on other thread, just not this one specifically.

I am trying to close thread and open a new version of it, but forum keeps freezing and acting crazy.

Edit: ok tried to post without quoting anyone and it worked. idk

Edited by Suzanna Stormborn

56 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Forum will not let me post on this thread

in Internet Explorer or Chrome.  It's letting me post on other thread, just not this one specifically.

I am trying to close thread and open a new version of it, but forum keeps freezing and acting crazy.

Edit: ok tried to post without quoting anyone and it worked. idk

I think the theory is quoted spoiler tags don't work.

On 13/05/2017 at 10:32 AM, Ran said:

Safari for iPad. Haven't tried on any other browser.

Same problem happened again last night too

As of this morning I keep getting this pop-up thing from the bottom of the page asking me to whitelist the site in my ad-blocking tool. I already have the site whitelisted but it keeps popping up every time I load a different board or thread and I have to manually close it every time. Extremely annoying. 

That the message regarding ad blockers shows up is intended. However, it should not be showing up if you have whitelisted the site as the first poster reported. If you haven't whitelisted the site, then it will show up.

I uninstalled my adblocker, cleared all cookies and such and am still seeing the popup. Something is definitely off. 

ETA: Tried loading the site on two other browsers, Firefox and IE (neither of which have any ad block software installed). Got the same pop-up on Firefox but nothing on Internet Explorer. It's a weird day when IE is the browser without problems. :P 

Edited by KiDisaster

I am unable to access anything under the Activity tab. I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

I tried signing out and back in, same problem. I can still browse, but can't use anything like 'unread content.'