Board Issues 4

Angalin

Please make sure to flush your cache. This issue should be sorted out on all browsers at this point.

Unfortunately, that didn't to anything for me. I'm on Opera 12, just cleared my cache and history and I still get the messed up buttons.

Make sure to clear cache and such again. We have gone ahead and changed things significantly. We were attempting to use web font icons -- they're all the rage -- but for whatever reason simply cannot make them work across all browsers.

Hi, I have issues. The board is taking forever to load. I know it's not my 'third-world' internet connection because everything else is fine (I managed to see the icons before, now they're gone, btw). And when it manages to load, it gets stuck. http://i.imgur.com/palbkXU.png

http://i.imgur.com/NouxSPy.png

Ok so I have no idea how to do that?

Depends on your browser. If you have Firefox, it's in settings > privacy.

Edited by JonCon's Red Beard

I need to ask what is with the CAPTCHA today... I had to do three or four in couple of hours tonight... I know I am a bit too much on boards these days, but vacations... At my grandma's... Do I need to say more?

I can swear I am not computer. No computer has this annoying personality :)

I am having the same issues as JonCon's Red beard, I have cleared my cache, several times, to no avail.

The pages half load, or don't load at all, staying in "loading" mode, and I need to either reload or go back one step and reclick the link, and do that three or four times before the page displays in full (when it does, it displays fast)

Considering what manages to load (half the posts, the left panel) before it locks, half the time, I'm not convinced the DNS is at fault. I would hate it if it was some hidden caching proxy on my ISP side.

Ok, I cleared my dns cache and the board is working fine for now. I'll let you know if I have any other problem.

Thanks!

(btw, now I see the social links like this http://i.imgur.com/CQ0L3wH.png. Heh... I saw them before with a fancy font).

EDIT: talked too soon. Problem again. I have no idea.

Edited by JonCon's Red Beard

Yeah, the icon font wasn't working, so that's just regular fonts.

I'm a bit baffled as to the issue you're having. Is it just the forum? Could you poke around at the wiki and website and see if the issue comes up at those places?

I cleared my cache a few times a few days ago, to solve the problem, but internet explorer now refuses to enable cookies, even if I state in the stettings that I want cookies enabled for westeros.org (and all the variants) specifically, so I can't log into he wiki using that browser anymore.

On the other hand, it does seems to have fixed all the troubles I was having with the wiki in Chrome, so there's no real problem at the moment. But I have no idea how the explorer thing happened, and I would like to get it working again incase my old chrome troubles occur again.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should try?

Not sure if this is the right space to ask, but the MUSH link at the top isn't working. I've tried it on two different computers and I'm getting a 502 bad gateway message. I'm wondering if it's these computers I'm using or maybe I didn't download something?

Yeah, the icon font wasn't working, so that's just regular fonts.I'm a bit baffled as to the issue you're having. Is it just the forum? Could you poke around at the wiki and website and see if the issue comes up at those places?

My problem is only with the forum, if you were asking me.

Let me know if the problem persists, Ramsay.

LordStoneheart, looks like the client page is down. Not hosted by us, though. If it's not up by today we'll contact the guy who created it to let him know.