Angalin

Board Issues 4

1,173 posts in this topic

I'm also experiencing problems on Safari (iPad). Not getting redirected, the page just wont load properly. Or it loads and then freezes so i canr scroll. Happens on both mobile skin and regular. This happens when i'm connected to wi-fi.

Posted (edited)

I tried to post in this thread, and couldn't get it to upload the post. I started by quoting from the post immediately above me and adding a quote by hitting the quote symbol and typing into the box provided. Once I was done it wouldn't upload. I tried deleting the first quote and only posting the second with my accompanying explanation of what it was about. That too wouldn't upload. I finally put the text in my Pages application from Apple and recopied it into the post and it uploaded, but now some people evidently read it as only symbols. I see it just fine in my Safari browser but I'm guessing other browsers do not. Any idea what's going on? The next poster says she can read it on her phone, but not from her computer. Seems crazy.

Edited by SFDanny

Interesting. I did not see the symbols and such. I've tried an edit of my own. I suspect some weird character formatting issue is to blame. Hopefully it is fixed now, but try to edit again and tweak it (I think I lost the emphasis that was intended) and let me know what happens.

14 minutes ago, Ran said:

Interesting. I did not see the symbols and such. I've tried an edit of my own. I suspect some weird character formatting issue is to blame. Hopefully it is fixed now, but try to edit again and tweak it (I think I lost the emphasis that was intended) and let me know what happens.

It seems to be working now. I was able to add the bold emphasis back in, and change the "ASoS" to italics. Both would not work before. I can't judge if others read it as normal because when I could read it in my Safari browser they only saw symbols. Thanks for the help, Ran!

Others tell me it is fixed now, Ran, so thanks. I have no idea what caused the glitch, but you've seemed to have sorted it out.

Hi folks,

I keep getting an annoying little pop-up that wants me to load an app. I first hit cancel and then the close button, but it keeps coming back over and over again, even when I'm just scrolling down a page.

Finally I hit accept and it takes me to the App Store where it says to download some sort of music app. I'm perfectly fine without music on this board, so if there is anything that can be done to disable this pop-up I would be much obliged.

Thanks

I'm suddenly constantly being logged out when visiting the forum. Selecting the "remember me" option when logging back in does not change this, because if I take a look on the forum for example an hour later, I'm logged out again. This is happening on all devices.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

We just put in HTTPS as the default, and at a guess this is related to that. Try wiping all your Westeros.org cookies, shutting the browser, then starting again and trying to log in once more.

ETA: Okay, it seems to be that you show as logged out on the home page... but if you click through to a thread or sub-forum, does it look fine then? That's what I'm seeing. It's a bit weird and I suspect it is an issue with caching that I'll look into. The solution for now seems to be to just go to a thread/sub-forum first, and after that it should recognize you're properly logged in.

Edited by Ran

On 3/19/2017 at 6:39 PM, John Suburbs said:

Hi folks,

I keep getting an annoying little pop-up that wants me to load an app. I first hit cancel and then the close button, but it keeps coming back over and over again, even when I'm just scrolling down a page.

Finally I hit accept and it takes me to the App Store where it says to download some sort of music app. I'm perfectly fine without music on this board, so if there is anything that can be done to disable this pop-up I would be much obliged.

Thanks

Do you recall the name of the app in questioN? With that I can probably figure out which add is causing the problem and get it blocked.

4 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

I'm suddenly constantly being logged out when visiting the forum. Selecting the "remember me" option when logging back in does not change this, because if I take a look on the forum for example an hour later, I'm logged out again. This is happening on all devices.

Same here

Should be fixed now, but you'll need to clear cache possibly.

10 hours ago, Ran said:

Do you recall the name of the app in questioN? With that I can probably figure out which add is causing the problem and get it blocked.

iMusic, which I thought was an iOS thing. I'm using IE 11.