Angalin

Board Issues 4

1,292 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

And it only happens intermittently? Hrm...

I cleared my cache and rebooted my laptop this morning, and tonight I've got an ad for Epic Ski that is autoplaying video, and it did sound for a short time.  Big drag on responsiveness and it made my laptop extremely hot again.

On 1-8-2017 at 10:28 AM, Ran said:

And it only happens intermittently? Hrm...

Yeah. It's odd. It had happened a few days earlier as well. And on other pages, the same image displays just as it should.

I have two weird things happening... 

First, for the past week/10 days, my settings change on their own or it's a poltergeist. I start following any threads I post in, and after realising I wasn't getting notifications for threads I had posted in I decided to check my settings. And sure enough, that option was in-checked. I turned it on again, but it turned itself off again. And we've been at it ever since. 

Second, and this has just happened now for the first time... I was trying to post and when I hit "submit" the box to the left that says "notify me of replies" and looks green (because it's checked) turned grey, unchecked, and the post never went through. 

Any suggestions? 

ETA: # 2 obviously didn't happen here! :D

Edited by kissdbyfire

None of my devices remembers my name or password and I have to sign in and write them every time despite always having the "remember me" box turnt on. It started happening about a week ago.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

None of my devices remembers my name or password and I have to sign in and write them every time despite always having the "remember me" box turnt on. It started happening about a week ago.

Hmm, right around the time I did some tweaks, but I've no idea why those specific tweaks would cause such problem.

May I suggest that you and Kissdbyfire clear your caches and see what happens? in regard to these issues? Or at least clear your westeros.org-related cookies.

@Ran, not sure how to do that on the tablet... :dunce:

29 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Ran, not sure how to do that on the tablet... :dunce:

Under settings, scroll down to apps and select your internet browser (whatever that happens to be, Safari, Chrome, etc). Should see an option to clear history and website data

17 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Under settings, scroll down to apps and select your internet browser (whatever that happens to be, Safari, Chrome, etc). Should see an option to clear history and website data

Done! :cheers:

Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it, but is there a reason why the notifications aren't working now (at least for me)? I'm not getting them when someone quotes me and when I'm just sitting in a thread. 

I'm being logged out of a machine every time I login on another. I tried clearing caches and cookies, and the issue still persists.