Football LXXIX: We Didn't Want That World Cup Anyway

Inigima

Three points to DC! What a weird game. Can't quite believe DeLeon's goal wasn't stopped, or that our hilarious number of turnovers didn't cost us more.

I laughed long and hard when Lewis Neal won us the Open Cup, but I feel like he's really stepped up his game this year and been very solid. Am I mad?

What the fuck is up with Arsene Wenger? Not only are we about to sign Mathieu Debuchy, but it appears that Alexis Sanchez is on the verge of signing too. I've grown used to transfer windows grinding by while experiencing nothing but disappointment and heartache as everyone around us strengthens. Two world class players? This is not right, and I will not stand for it!!!!!! Woof woof woof. Woof!

What the fuck is up with Arsene Wenger? Not only are we about to sign Mathieu Debuchy, but it appears that Alexis Sanchez is on the verge of signing too. I've grown used to transfer windows grinding by while experiencing nothing but disappointment and heartache as everyone around us strengthens. Two world class players? This is not right, and I will not stand for it!!!!!! Woof woof woof. Woof!

I don't think Debuchy is world class, however, he is a ready made replacement for Sagna which I very much like. Sanchez would be a great signing and exactly what Arsenal needs. He's versatile, pacey and tricky, everything that Giroud is not. We still need a DM. Wilson linked us to Bender again today and we've been linked to Schneiderlin for the last year. I'd be happy with either but I doubt those go through. I do believe we'll finish Debuchy/Sanchez though.

Good for Yedlin. Love young Americans making the jump to Europe.

Have a hard time seeing Rodriguez going to United but I've seen crazier things. I bet he stays at Monaco though that's a ton of money.

Sanchez to Arsenal does seem almost certain now doesn't it? :( Fucking sucks. He's an awesome player. Makes passing up on Fabregas not look bad at all anymore.

Higuain was done too. No smoke with fire and all that though, seems like we'll at the very least get Debuchy which is an good place to start. Not better than Sagna defensively, but we'll see how he goes.

DeAndre Yedlin will be finishing out the season at Seattle, but is reportedly moving to AS Roma.

Potentially a very good move. Will take a year or two to properly break through into the first team probably, but Klinsmann will still be thrilled no doubt. Roma are a quality outfit as well. Also the Champion's League will be another step up from what he's played before which is good.

He still needs a better barnet though

Higuain was done too. No smoke with fire and all that though, seems like we'll at the very least get Debuchy which is an good place to start. Not better than Sagna defensively, but we'll see how he goes.

True but Higuain looked to be sidetracked by that ridiculous Suarez bid. I think we could have had him if we actually wanted him but it looked like we found out about the release clause and preferred Suarez which backfired. I don't think that happens here with Sanchez. Been a target of Wengers in the past and it looks like we are meeting Barcas evaluation so hard for me to see this not going through.

Potentially a very good move. Will take a year or two to properly break through into the first team probably

Plus, he'll have the amazing Ashley Cole to learn from.

I just want it confirmed so I can stop picturing him joining Liverpool whilst holding a 'you'll never walk alone' scarf.

And Maicon.

Anyway, I've only seen Yedlin in the USA - Belgium game, where he certainly impressed. I've read a few promising accounts of him aswell that he seems to have had a good season.

I guess that he will go out on a loan whenever the MLS season ends, and that the loan spell will decide if he joins the team for 15/16 or not.

newcastle have added number ten siem de jong reportedly for 6 million. he had a very solid goal scoring record and was the captain at ajax.

that should probably round out our buying until january. no need to get too ambitious with ashley's money. we have spent just enough cash to not probably get relegated hopefully.

debuchy: he is very good. i watched him week in and out with newcastle. he is a big improvement over sagna.

debuchy: he is very good. i watched him week in and out with newcastle. he is a big improvement over sagna.

I only saw him about 4-5 times last season, so I'm hoping you're correct. I just haven't heard him being lauded for his defensive abilities, though players are under-rated by people all the time, especially fans of other clubs so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I only saw him about 4-5 times last season, so I'm hoping you're correct. I just haven't heard him being lauded for his defensive abilities, though players are under-rated by people all the time, especially fans of other clubs so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

He makes a lot of tackles and interceptions, more than Sagna and seems to be as good in the air. Where he lacks is he fouls... a lot. That May or may not hurt us depending on our set piece defending but he should, at the very least, contribute to a few more goals while not being a complete defensive liability.

Archived