What Are You Listening to XIV: For We Are The Music Makers, And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams

Inigima

I almost totally forgot how obsessed with this band I was lol. Omg. Evanescence, Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation probably helped me towards my journey of loving gothic aesthetics and one day I will be a True Goff. hahahahahaha. I remember just wanting to look like the ladies from these groups so bad.

Funny, this made me think back to the origins of my own appreciation of goffick aesthetic. And I think, due to growing up on a diet of Top of the Pops, it was actually the video for Bananarama's Venus :lol: - notably the chick with the big black cape surrounded by half-naked male worshippers. Yes please, I'll have some of that! (would link but I'm at work and I think Bananarama may be frowned upon).

Funny, this made me think back to the origins of my own appreciation of goffick aesthetic. And I think, due to growing up on a diet of Top of the Pops, it was actually the video for Bananarama's Venus :lol: - notably the chick with the big black cape surrounded by half-naked male worshippers. Yes please, I'll have some of that! (would link but I'm at work and I think Bananarama may be frowned upon).

I like Bananarama. :D Might have to track down this Top of the Pops video now though. I just remember early on loving black hair, pale skin likely because of Evanescence.

Then I sadly realised I could never grow my hair our longish and look like morticia addams. :D

Listening to:

30 Century Man - Scott Walker

Just like Heaven - The Cure

Baby Honey - The Pastels.

Archived