Who will the faith choose against Ser Robert Strong and is there any-way to defeat him

Zoravar Singh

So do you think it will be Sandor Clegane, Lancel or some entirely new character.

Now, the problem is that GC is already dead. So it is possible that mortal wounds may not affect him at all. What would the champion do in this case.

One possible explanation: Seeing that the High Septon is atleast somewhat passionate about the deliverance of justice, it is possible that he may ask both the knights to say some kind fo holy vow before begining the fight. This would disqualify UnGreg. The same will be accomplished if he asks both the knights to take off their armour and kneel before a statue of the warrior.

Theodan Wells, who will die.

Robert Strong can be defeated, not on this occasion, but in a trial of 7, by someone using Valyrian steel swords and trickery/magic, such as the enchanted sword the 'Just Maid' given to Galladon by the Maiden to show she loved him and that he never used against any mortal man, but probably would have against an 8 foot tall opponent.

Un Greg apparantley has no skull... Maybe if someone could remove his massive greathelm and slice his brain away zombie mountain would crumble

I don't think there is anything under his helmet period. If the Faith's champion were to somehow remove it to reveal no head I think Ser Robert Strong would lose by TKO.

So do you think it will be Sandor Clegane, Lancel or some entirely new character.

Now, the problem is that GC is already dead. So it is possible that mortal wounds may not affect him at all. What would the champion do in this case.

One possible explanation: Seeing that the High Septon is atleast somewhat passionate about the deliverance of justice, it is possible that he may ask both the knights to say some kind fo holy vow before begining the fight. This would disqualify UnGreg. The same will be accomplished if he asks both the knights to take off their armour and kneel before a statue of the warrior.

Some dead man will fight Robert Strong

Robert will win outright... no magic used against him..

The problem is Cersei dies at the hands of the "little brother" by strangulation. Unless the church changes its execution methods... that is unlikely.

Unless, the church uses a sand snake--- to finish what her father started....ehh hard to think

The ESPN keys to victory vs. Robert Strong:

• Holy sword? Valyrian whatnot.
  • apply anti-magic during the fight to power down the zombie?
  • Trip him and apply a submission hold? (untried in Westeros so far).
  • He'd sink, so bring 20 guys to pick him up and drag him onto a ship and drop him in the middle of the bay, then wait for him to walk along the bottom to get back to shore, then take advantage of his sloshing armor's slowed movement.
  • He'd slip on a slippery floor, so bring an oil slick to the fight, then light it on fire after he's rolling around in it.
  • In addition to your medieval mace, bring a can of spray mace (myrrh? the Faith's incense???!!!!!) and hope he takes off his helmet in the aftermath of being peppered with it. If he's unhuman beneath, that could disqualify him right then and there.
  • Then hold up Margeary on your shoulder like a sack of potatoes and use her as your impenetrable shield.
  • Have Cersei impersonators in the crowd to shout commands to Strong that help you and counteract the commands the real Cersei is giving Strong.
  • Hold up a mirror in front of a 3rd story window or higher so Robert Strong can see his reflection in it, then say from behind it "I, Robert Strong, challenge Robert Strong!" Then when Robert Strong rushes the mirror, he'll hopefully crash through it and fall out the window. Sorry, you may have to die as well, since I sort of painted you into a corner by having you stand behind the mirror.

The ESPN keys to victory vs. Robert Strong:

• Holy sword? Valyrian whatnot.

apply anti-magic during the fight to power down the zombie?

Trip him and apply a submission hold? (untried in Westeros so far).

He'd sink, so bring 20 guys to pick him up and drag him onto a ship and drop him in the middle of the bay, then wait for him to walk along the bottom to get back to shore, then take advantage of his sloshing armor's slowed movement.

He'd slip on a slippery floor, so bring an oil slick to the fight, then light it on fire after he's rolling around in it.

In addition to your medieval mace, bring a can of spray mace (myrrh? the Faith's incense???!!!!!) and hope he takes off his helmet in the aftermath of being peppered with it. If he's unhuman beneath, that could disqualify him right then and there.

Then hold up Margeary on your shoulder like a sack of potatoes and use her as your impenetrable shield.

Have Cersei impersonators in the crowd to shout commands to Strong that help you and counteract the commands the real Cersei is giving Strong.

Hold up a mirror in front of a 3rd story window or higher so Robert Strong can see his reflection in it, then say from behind it "I, Robert Strong, challenge Robert Strong!" Then when Robert Strong rushes the mirror, he'll hopefully crash through it and fall out the window. Sorry, you may have to die as well, since I sort of painted you into a corner by having you stand behind the mirror.

This is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.......BUT BY GOD I HOPE IT HAPPENS

I understand about the not having a head because his skull was sent to Dorne thing and what not... but if that is actually the case I'm gonna be seriously disappointed. How does he see? Did Qyburn install a fucking sonar system while he was at it?!

Anyway, I reckon Lancel is gonna bite the dust.

It will be that most puissant of knights, Ser Pounce of the Blackwater.

Won't that make for a great song?

I was thinking of Ser Creighton Longbough; he who famously slew the Knight Of The Red Chicken at Blackwater. Surely this unknown Robert Strong would pose no threat to this great and legendary fighter!

I don't know. I know it being Sandor seems to make sense, but I wouldn't like it plot-wise. The way things are, it's actually a nice ending for Sandor. I mean, there are so much characters, some have to go away and it's the best we can hope for him. Maybe he shows up in the end, but not for something as important as the trial.

That guy from the Quiet Isle seemed genuinely worried about Sandor. Why would he inform that prick the High Sparrow he's the Hound?

I don't know. I know it being Sandor seems to make sense, but I wouldn't like it plot-wise. The way things are, it's actually a nice ending for Sandor. I mean, there are so much characters, some have to go away and it's the best we can hope for him. Maybe he shows up in the end, but not for something as important as the trial.

That guy from the Quiet Isle seemed genuinely worried about Sandor. Why would he inform that prick the High Sparrow he's the Hound?

I'm not convinced it will be Sandor, although I don't think his arc has ended either. If we do get Cleganebowl then I think Sandor will hear about the trial and 8ft Robert Strong, do the math, and put himself forward as champion of the faith.

I feel like Robert Strong cannot be beaten barring the use of magic. I know this is a stretch, but... is Dragonglass a weapon that specifically harms the Others (Fire vs Ice), or does it have special properties when piercing the undead? Again, I know it is kind of crackpot, but perhaps Dragonglass can be used if the latter is the case (and can somehow get past the armor, brittle as it is).

It will be Lancel, I think--we seem to be headed (har har) toward the extinction of the Lannisters and this would be a good way to take one more out.

Sandor will eventually face Frankengregor, but as pointed out above, Gregor has to win this one or Cersei will escape her prophecy (she has also not seen Tommen's and Myrcella's shrouds yet).

Didn't Bran once have a vision of the Hound (or someone in his armor) with a knight in gold vs. a vast opponent whose helm contained nothing but black blood? If Jaime (or even Brienne) is the knight in gold, Valyrian steel Oathkeeper might come into play.

How can he fight if he doesn't have a head?

Gregor's head supposedly went to Dorne but...has anyone wondered where the "Robert" part of the name came from? Has anyone seen Robb's or Robert's head recently? :eek:

If you ascribe to the Dornish Master Plot, Qyburn is working for the Martels. So there is a chance Robert Strong is just a walking bag of potatoes, as one of the Martel's goals is to take down the Lannisters.

However, the Dornish also have their feet in with the High Sparrow, so there is a chance they will intentionally lose this first bout with Strong in order to serve a more complex end game.

In either case, I don't think it matters much who fights him, though it'd be redemptive for Tyene to do it

Gregor's head supposedly went to Dorne but...has anyone wondered where the "Robert" part of the name came from? Has anyone seen Robb's or Robert's head recently? :eek:

There have been a number of threads that have speculated on the heads of Robb and Robert being in the mix, along with Ned's, and Jaime's hand, and Davos' fingers, and Ser Illyn's tongue. Oh and Varys' penis.

I feel like Robert Strong cannot be beaten barring the use of magic. I know this is a stretch, but... is Dragonglass a weapon that specifically harms the Others (Fire vs Ice), or does it have special properties when piercing the undead? Again, I know it is kind of crackpot, but perhaps Dragonglass can be used if the latter is the case (and can somehow get past the armor, brittle as it is).

As far as i recall Dragonglass is inefficient against Wights, although...

Smal Pual moved toward him. Sam backed off until he came up against a rough log wall. He clutched the dagger with both hands to hold it steady. The wight did not seem to fear the dragonglass. Perhaps he did not know what it was. [...]

There was no time to think or pray or be afraid. Samwell Tarly threw himself forward and plunged the dagger down into Small Paul's back. Half-turned, the wight never saw him coming. The raven gave a shriek and took to the air. "You're dead!" Sam screamed as he stabbed. "You're dead, you're dead." He stabbed and screamed, again and again, tearing huge rents in Paul's heavy black cloak. Shards of dragonglass flew everywhere as the blade shattered on the iron mail beneath the wool. (Samwell III, ASoS)

So Sam never directly stabbed the wight with the dragonglass dagger, that means we dont know if dragonglass has the same effect on undead things as it has on The Others.

IMO dragonglass is only effective on The Others, but who knows...

Archived