Who will the faith choose against Ser Robert Strong and is there any-way to defeat him

Zoravar Singh

Well, we've had three trials by battle so far. Everytime the opponents were previously introduced characters that surprisingly or shockingly decided to fight, twice for the accused and once for the accuser.

Average twist level: Garlan, Loras, Moonboy, Lancel, Kettleblacks

Great twist level: Jaime, Tyene, Sandor, Blackfish, JonCon, Arya, Brienne

Improbability drive twist level: Lady Stoneheart, unTywin, unJoffrey, Jaime's swordhand, Nymeria, Mance Raydar, Wun Wun, Mycah's father, Garth the Gross

I know two were for Tyrion, once in the Eyerie and once at King's Landing. Remind me of the third?

To lose, one has to die. If one is dead at the outset, is that not the end of it? Depends on what they know going in and what they find out during the fight. Personally, I'll have a hard time suspending disbelief if there isn't done pre-investigation of a formerly unknown Mountain-sized man who is supposed to champion Cersei.

Sandor Clegane would be an awesome choice. I mean the gravedigger is obviously him. Hes got a story to conclude in regards to his brother Gregor and i just honestly cant think of anyone else whod stand a chance against un-Greg i mean 'Robert Strong'. Its such a corny name, why would Qybern call him that? He sounds like a circuis performer....

That would be great in a really non GRRM world. He's still his brother unless he buys Elder Brothers "Hound no longer exists metaphor" and doesn't buy "what is dead can never die"

As far as i recall Dragonglass is inefficient against Wights, although...

So Sam never directly stabbed the wight with the dragonglass dagger, that means we dont know if dragonglass has the same effect on undead things as it has on The Others.

IMO dragonglass is only effective on The Others, but who knows...

Obsidian works on people.

I understand about the not having a head because his skull was sent to Dorne thing and what not... but if that is actually the case I'm gonna be seriously disappointed. How does he see? Did Qyburn install a fucking sonar system while he was at it?!

Anyway, I reckon Lancel is gonna bite the dust.

Obviously he was resurrected with some dark magic, so the answer is the same dark magic somehow gives him senses. Perhaps the helmet he wears is enchanted with dark magic that lets him see through the eye holes.

Either way, I think the question isn't who fights Ser Robert Strong, but will they knock his helmet off during the fight and reveal he has no dead, and is some kind of an undead construct? I'd say odds are pretty good that kind of drama happens. What will be Cersei's fate then if it's revealed her champion is an undead construct?

I think the only way to kill an undead construct like Ser Robert Strong is to destroy the body, same way with wights. That means you'd have to chop off all the limbs (not an easy feat for a 8 foot tall monster, especially in a 1 vs 1 match), or burn the body with wildfire or a dragon's fire.

So do you think it will be Sandor Clegane, Lancel or some entirely new character.

Now, the problem is that GC is already dead. So it is possible that mortal wounds may not affect him at all. What would the champion do in this case.

One possible explanation: Seeing that the High Septon is atleast somewhat passionate about the deliverance of justice, it is possible that he may ask both the knights to say some kind fo holy vow before begining the fight. This would disqualify UnGreg. The same will be accomplished if he asks both the knights to take off their armour and kneel before a statue of the warrior.

If Cersei looses her trial the charges against her will be proved true. One of those charges is adultry with her childen being born of incest. If that charge is proved true, Cersei will be executed, Tommen and Myrcella would lose all their current rights and titles, Margaery's most recent marriage would be annulled, and Stannis would be recognized as Robert's true heir. Do you believe that is in the interest of the Faith of the Seven? Or House Tyrell? I don't think any of the powers that be want Cersei to lose her trial.

How can he wear a helm if he does not have a head?

Among the things a person without a head ought not be able to do in them normal course of things, wearing a helmet ranks pretty low when compared with 'walk, move, fight, take orders' etc.

The main problem with most Dornish plans is that Doran keeps a lot of it to himself. Sure hes spilled some of the beans, but not all of them. If he dies all their plans go up in smoke

Maybe it actually saves the Dornish if that happened. Quentyn would likely be alive.

Among the things a person without a head ought not be able to do in them normal course of things, wearing a helmet ranks pretty low when compared with 'walk, move, fight, take orders' etc.

Since wights exist in the story, I'm still going to say wearing the helm without a head ranks at the top. It's like Jaime wearing a glove on his left hand without the gold hand attached.

I'm starting to come along to the Lancel-as-champion side. Sure, RS will mop the floor with Lancel in a fight, but anyone with a brain in the faith should be able to connect these dots:

1) The only guy in the realm with that physique, Cersei's minion, was seriously wounded and disappeared.

2) Cersei's new bff was "disbarred" for practicing necromancy.

3) This monster with the identical, one-of-a-kind physique of GC shows up, and he reportedly doesn't speak, eat, or use the bathroom.

So, the faith's endgame for Lancel is to get in there, be brave, and knock the creature's helmet off. Totally plausible.

Also, I'm starting to think the HotU vision wasn't just a collage of fighters of the realm, but a depiction of a specific event. The monster is still obviously unGregor, but the guy we thought was Jamie could actually be Lancel, as they must look kinda similar. The other depicted fighter is clearly the Hound, so I wouldn't count out his involvement, either.

Archived