NBA Offseason - LeBronapalooza

Trebla

Also - how fucking great is The Essay? Complete redemption from the trolling foolishness of The Decision

The way Lebron has matured over the last 4 years is probably even more impressive than his on court play. I cannot help but respect the hell out of him these days.

This.

Yeah, don 't put it past the T-Wolves to fuck it up. Lot's of rumors going around that it's going to be Love for Waiters, Bennett and 3 1st round picks...

If this happens then the Wolves will be dead to me for a few more years. Maybe they'll go with the sure fire route of drafting 3 more fucking PGs..........

KAHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, Cleveland would be crazy to trade Wiggins for Love. But if they could somehow keep pick up Love while keeping Irving and Wiggins, that would be really something to see.

IMO, Cleveland would be crazy to trade Wiggins for Love. But if they could somehow keep pick up Love while keeping Irving and Wiggins, that would be really something to see.

Anthony Bennett + Dion Waiters!

Oh wait David Kahn has already been fired. NM.

Getting Love for Bennett (worst first overall pick in history), Waiters, and three picks that are destined to be in the 28-30 range would be the steal of the century.

But a core of that includes Love, Wiggins, Irving, and oh yeah... The best player in the planet would be almost guaranteed for another four straight finals.

Yeah he basically told Houston that he's coming if lebron didn't re-up in Miami. Now I want to see what they do with Parsons.

After Bosh signs his max offer I don't think they'll have the cap space to match Dallas' offer on Parsons. Still Bosh is a big time upgrade over Parsons, especially for what Houston needs.

After Bosh signs his max offer I don't think they'll have the cap space to match Dallas' offer on Parsons. Still Bosh is a big time upgrade over Parsons, especially for what Houston needs.

If they sign Bosh first they can go over cap to retain Parsons.

They can as long as they can trade Lin and Asik. Asik should be easy, but who knows if anyone wants Lin's contract.

LBJ move is bad for the league IMO. The West is getting stronger, while the East gets weaker. The pacers are falling apart. Currently The Wizards and Cavs are the favs in the East....just wow....

Getting Love for Bennett (worst first overall pick in history), Waiters, and three picks that are destined to be in the 28-30 range would be the steal of the century.

But a core of that includes Love, Wiggins, Irving, and oh yeah... The best player in the planet would be almost guaranteed for another four straight finals.

I don't know about that. NO got less than that for Chris Paul, and he's better than Love. The 3 first round picks are from other teams, so I don't think they're all in the 28-30 range (although I believe they are lottery protected). Minnesota is in the position where they simply have to sell, because Love is not coming back, it robs them of bargaining power.

Golden State has made a really great offer and for some reason Minnesota hasn't pounced on it, presumably because they are hoping that they can somehow, someway swing a Love for Wiggins trade. But I still think that Cleveland would be crazy to trade away Wiggins.

They'll be able to sign both, although they'll need to free up some cap space later (trading Jeremy Lin is the popular theory). They can go over the cap to retain Parsons, but not to sign Bosh. Therefore if Bosh signs before noon Sunday, they can then match Parsons' offer sheet and keep them both.

This article explains the situation pretty well.

ETA: Ninja'd

Noted on Parsons.

LBJ move is bad for the league IMO. The West is getting stronger, while the East gets weaker. The pacers are falling apart. Currently The Wizards and Cavs are the favs in the East....just wow....

Next year's Cleveland team probably won't be as good as recent Heat teams but the 3-5 year outlook on the Cavs is way brighter than it would've been in Miami had he re-upped for another multiyear contract. Just so much more elite, young talent by dint of being terrible every year since Lebron left.

And the crazy thing is if they had a better front office they could also have had Nerlens Noel and/or Andre Drummond (instead of Anthony Bennett and Dion Waiters respectively) and likely would've become the unquestioned hegemon of the East through 2020. Heck, they still might.

Fucking hell. What a massive big deal this is.

Totally didn't see this coming, it just seemed so unbelievable to me.

Couldn't fathom why he'd leave the current Heat roster to go back to Cleveland.

And yet I do like that he did it, I like how this changes everything.

So interesting to see what will happen now. What will Carmelo do?

Will Bosh stay with Miami like he said all year? I don't think it's a given that he leaves, Miami could offer him the max now.

Miami could even look at..... Carmelo. I know that no one's talking about that option, but now that LeBron is gone, who knows. Seems unlikely.

Jesus. You've got to think this is the biggest blow to Riley and Arison. What a punch in the face, this is astonishing news.

Cleveland to will have to decide if they want to trade for Love ( I'd try it if I were them, and yes I'd give up Wiggins but I wouldn't be happy about it). Can Miami somehow recuperate from this?

It's worse than that, he'd have to leave half. Chicago can offer 4 years, $65-$70 million, while NYK can offer 5 years, $129 million. Huge difference.

Its not that bad though, because he'll get that 5th year back on his next contract. Its not like he's done playing after the contract is up. In fact, since he'll be a year younger, he'll probably be able to make more than he otherwise would on his next contract; not enough to completely make up for the lost money, but it'll help even further mitigate it.

Its not that bad though, because he'll get that 5th year back on his next contract. Its not like he's done playing after the contract is up. In fact, since he'll be a year younger, he'll probably be able to make more than he otherwise would on his next contract; not enough to completely make up for the lost money, but it'll help even further mitigate it.

To some extent, Melo picking the Bulls is betting on himself. He's saying that with his talent, he could put the Bulls over the top to win championships. Because if he wins a championship in Chicago, it would help his brand enough that he'd probably make back any money he lost. But if he's not going to win any championships, it would be much better to do that in New York.

Archived