NBA Offseason - LeBronapalooza

Trebla

I'd rather have the younger Love, and I don't disagree that he's a stat stuffer. His ability to shoot the 3 and rebound will be crucial though, and this is where Bosh was lacking at times. Love can't defend, and Bosh is a solid defender. Still, Love fits better with James. Besides guys, you're forgetting that the new coach is an offensive guru. This team is going to be about scoring, the defense will come in time. They won't win next year, but the year after, watch out!

If Melo goes to the Bulls and doesn't win, the negative comparisons regarding him to Jordan would damming!

Melo could never dream of carrying Michael Jordan's jock strap. Any comparisons between the two are the stuff of the Skip Bayless types of the world.

If Melo goes to Chicago and doesn't win it won't really prove anything, except that the team wasn't good enough to win. Melo is not capable of carrying a team to a title by himself.

If Melo goes to the Bulls and doesn't win, the negative comparisons regarding him to Jordan would damming!

Even Melo knows he's no Jordan, and he's not even worthy of the comparison. If he signed with the Bulls, he wouldn't even be the most Jordan-like guy on the team.

They compare players from other teams to Jordan (LBJ, Kobe) not players on the Bulls. Bulls fans have started to sour on Rose but that took a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time of him being wishy washy on his injury, his brother mouthing off to the media, not wanting to recruit other super stars. It was not that he wasn't as good as Jordan or couldn't win like Jordan.

Wow. Just wow. This changes everything . what a coup by the Cavs. As a side one Melo is probably a Knick for life now.

I also think that Melo probably still does sign with the Knicks but I still do hold out some hope that he signs with the Bulls. Reports are out now that the Lakers are out and it's down to the Knicks and Bulls. Obviously the Knicks can offer the most money. Whispers in Chicago are, though, that Nike wants him to sign in Chicago because they see a greater global brand with Bulls/Jordan/Nike/Melo than Melo with the Knicks. So Melo could conceivably make up some or most of the money he'd lose in not signing with the Knicks. Especially if the Bulls become title contenders,

Guys, stop it. No way Melo goes to bulls. He and Tom T would kill one another withing the first three months.

Melo and Tom worked together at the Olympics and have been complimentary of each other in the media. That's actually been a selling point for Melo. Thibs.

I also think that Melo probably still does sign with the Knicks but I still do hold out some hope that he signs with the Bulls. Reports are out now that the Lakers are out and it's down to the Knicks and Bulls. Obviously the Knicks can offer the most money. Whispers in Chicago are, though, that Nike wants him to sign in Chicago because they see a greater global brand with Bulls/Jordan/Nike/Melo than Melo with the Knicks. So Melo could conceivably make up some or most of the money he'd lose in not signing with the Knicks. Especially if the Bulls become title contenders,

He probably will go to the Knicks, but we can still hope. If the Bulls don't get Melo then I think they should try to get Pau and another solid role player. Noah and Pau front court would be awesome. I also think they should try to pry Beasley away from the Heat. IK he doesn't defend and isn't the best locker room guy, but lord knows the Bulls need some scoring.

Lots of moving parts right now. Rockets are looking to ship Jeremy Lin to the Lakers to clear space for Bosh. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/11/5891219/jeremy-lin-los-angeles-lakers-trade-rockets

eta: and it also has them MATCHING Dallas' Parsons offer. Houston could be really interesting next year!

eta2: Deal done http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11203765/houston-rockets-trade-jeremy-lin-los-angeles-lakers Twitter is absolute FUN right now!!!

I love when teams have to trade a player, cash and draft picks to another team for nothing, because they wrote a shitty contract.

Linsanity to the Lakers. There ya go Kobe. Who can stop the big 3 of Kobe, Linsanity and Swaggy P? Watch out league!!!

When the knicks let lin walk waaaaay too many people said it was a bad move. But the dude just isn't a NBA baller, sorry. Never once missed him and thought Linsanity was, well, insane.

I still wish LBJ would have waited till he was boarding his plane. Then right before he enters he turns around a puts on a Cavs hat, throws up the deuces and takes off. Let the essay come out 5 minutes later. Would have been epic!

Archived