Arya's warging ability

willofDorne

It seems natural that with so much time an distance between her and Nymeria would result in her connecting with other animals. It seems that many wargs are linked to multiple animals.

Also completely necessary in order for Arya to recognize that her wolf dreams weren't just dreams, or her connection with her direwolf. She had to come to the realization that she had a rare ability. It'll be interesting to see how she uses it in the future!

It seems natural that with so much time an distance between her and Nymeria would result in her connecting with other animals. It seems that many wargs are linked to multiple animals.

It's possible I'm making entirely too much of this.

Also completely necessary in order for Arya to recognize that her wolf dreams weren't just dreams, or her connection with her direwolf. She had to come to the realization that she had a rare ability. It'll be interesting to see how she uses it in the future!

Ahhh... that's true.

It's possible I'm making entirely too much of this.

It's not that you're making too much of it.... just that there have been threads about it before ;) or at the very least, a mention of her warging the cat in other threads. So yeah, it's pretty well known. But it's awesome to see her ability progressing in Nymeria's absence.

It's not that you're making too much of it.... just that there have been threads about it before ;) or at the very least, a mention of her warging the cat in other threads. So yeah, it's pretty well known. But it's awesome to see her ability progressing in Nymeria's absence.

Two seconds too late, I just searched and there's others who have made much more profound discoveries regarding this!

Things they pointed out:

-She's warging on other continents.

-She wargs effortlessly without rolling her eyes back into her head

-She can warg and do other stuff at the same time.

I'm an Arya believer now... this is cool.

So can Jon also warg other animals too? He just does not realize it yet.

I think most wargs can, so I'm sure he can as well. The Starks have a very tight bond with their direwolves, (do you think Varamyr Sixskins could "feel" any of his animals while on totally different continents as Arya does with Nymeria? I don't.) so he probably doesn't acknowledge their bond as a warging bond yet.... just that they have a connection to one another.

So can Jon also warg other animals too? He just does not realize it yet.

Well, Martin is planning a Hedge Knight, "She-Wolves of Winterfell" so I am guessing he reserves more love for the female wargs. She-Wolves is also a working title.

Two seconds too late, I just searched and there's others who have made much more profound discoveries regarding this!

Things they pointed out:

-She's warging on other continents.

-She wargs effortlessly without rolling her eyes back into her head

-She can warg and do other stuff at the same time.

I'm an Arya believer now... this is cool.

That second one I'm not sure about. Could you supply the link if possible?

If you're talking about warging with Nymeria, I wouldn't call that effortless, I'd call it involuntarily. I don't think she ever warged her while awake.

If you're talking about the cat, it's hard to say if her eyes rolled back. She was blind at the time, so she wouldn't notice her vision changing.... just that she suddenly had vision through the cat's eyes.

That second one I'm not sure about. Could you supply the link if possible?

If you're talking about warging with Nymeria, I wouldn't call that effortless, I'd call it involuntarily. I don't think she ever warged her while awake.

If you're talking about the cat, it's hard to say if her eyes rolled back. She was blind at the time, so she wouldn't notice her vision changing.... just that she suddenly had vision through the cat's eyes.

Well, she did fool the Faceless Man, unless he wasn't telling the whole truth. So I'm basing this on her poker face. I mean, the Faceless Man studies her face a lot, and she fooled him. One of the few times she was able to fool him, she was multi-tasking, I'd say this is a sign that the eyes rolling thing didn't happen.

Well, she did fool the Faceless Man, unless he wasn't telling the whole truth. So I'm basing this on her poker face. I mean, the Faceless Man studies her face a lot, and she fooled him. One of the few times she was able to fool him, she was multi-tasking, I'd say this is a sign that the eyes rolling thing didn't happen.

Very true, but it happened at night so there's a chance that it was too dark for him to see. There's also a chance that she only warged for a split second and was able to see him. There really aren't enough details about the encounter to say for sure. My only question about the scenario is, how is it that Arya, who just learned that she could warg moments ago, would be able to warg so effortlessly when her greenseer brother, an experienced warg, is unable to multi-task in such a way. She could be a prodigy, I suppose, but....

Like I said, not enough details about the encounter to be certain.

Very true, but it happened at night so there's a chance that it was too dark for him to see. There's also a chance that she only warged for a split second and was able to see him. There really aren't enough details about the encounter to say for sure. My only question about the scenario is, how is it that Arya, who just learned that she could warg moments ago, would be able to warg so effortlessly when her greenseer brother, an experienced warg, is unable to multi-task in such a way. She could be a prodigy, I suppose, but....

The She-wolves of Winterfell? It could be a trait having to do with the female line.

Does the eye-rolling in the back of the head thing actually happen? I thought that was just a stylistic choice the show made to make it obvious when warging was happening. We haven't seen a character watching the skinchanger and observing what happens. I thought they just sort of lost consciousness and their eyes closed?

Does the eye-rolling in the back of the head thing actually happen? I thought that was just a stylistic choice the show made to make it obvious when warging was happening. We haven't seen a character watching the skinchanger and observing what happens. I thought they just sort of lost consciousness and their eyes closed?

Good point. I'm inclined to think Arya is gaining a lot of traction though. I honestly thought she was dead, but coming back with a diverse warging ability means she's stronger than before. And that seems to be a theme with ASOIAF, coming back from death, stronger.

Arya could be AAR

I'm pretty sure the eye-rolling thing is show-only.

Warging usually starts with wolf-dreams, the same happened with Bran, Jon and Arya. Bran learned to slip his skin totally into Summer, whenever he wanted, that's something neither Arya nor Jon ever did, but they didn't get any training, too (though Jon is aware he is a warg, Arya has no clue).

Arya also had a cat-dream though she called it a night-wolf, too, but it is obvious from the description that she is warging a cat, not Nymeria. I am sort of sure that seeing through the cat's eyes while awake was not something she did on purpose, it just happened and she used it (and she knows she is watching through the cat). However, being blind probably helped her develop this ability, just like with Bran, who lost his ability to walk.

Jon has wolf-dreams but he also wargs Ghost effortlessly, several times (the first we see is at the end of ASOS), even though he never had an "accident" like Bran or Arya. But he doesn't use Ghost's eyes: he tastes and smells and also feels Ghost's deeper feelings like hunger. I'd say Jon has the most intimate connection to his wolf, but to say who is the strongest warg: I don't know. Probably Bran, being a greenseer, but both Jon and Arya are pretty strong themselves, without any training.

I'm pretty sure the eye-rolling thing is show-only.

Warging usually starts with wolf-dreams, the same happened with Bran, Jon and Arya. Bran learned to slip his skin totally into Summer, whenever he wanted, that's something neither Arya nor Jon ever did, but they didn't get any training, too (though Jon is aware he is a warg, Arya has no clue).

Arya also had a cat-dream though she called it a night-wolf, too, but it is obvious from the description that she is warging a cat, not Nymeria. I am sort of sure that seeing through the cat's eyes while awake was not something she did on purpose, it just happened and she used it (and she knows she is watching through the cat). However, being blind probably helped her develop this ability, just like with Bran, who lost his ability to walk.

Jon has wolf-dreams but he also wargs Ghost effortlessly, several times (the first we see is at the end of ASOS), even though he never had an "accident" like Bran or Arya. But he doesn't use Ghost's eyes: he tastes and smells and also feels Ghost's deeper feelings like hunger. I'd say Jon has the most intimate connection to his wolf, but to say who is the strongest warg: I don't know. Probably Bran, being a greenseer, but both Jon and Arya are pretty strong themselves, without any training.

Well spoke. I think she may have something different than the other two, but they'd also have their advantages.

I thought the reason Arya beat the Kindly man when she was blind was because she could see KM through the cats eyes?

Eyes rolling back is definantly a show thing. If Arya wargs the cat in the show they could have a bandage over her eyes.

Jon will warg a Dragon.

Arya skinchanging into a cat maybe more impressive than we give it credit for. In ADWD prologue Varamyr's old teacher Haggon, describes the beasts best left alone, including '' Cats were vain and cruel, always ready to turn on you. '' [ pg 9 ] and the wiki describes that they '' can't be easily controlled, only forced ''

So maybe Arya's abilities are as strong as Jon's. Probably not Bran though as again, a quote from the wiki '' It is said the greatest of all the Skinchangers were the Greenseers, who amongst many other things were also Wargs. The greatest among them could wear the skin of any beast. One man in a thousand is born a Skinchanger, and one Skinchanger in a thousand could be born a Greenseer. ''

Archived