Why is Jon more popular than Daenerys?

FireAndBlood.

They are saying it's pointless because SHE WILL HAVE NO ONE TO PASS HER ROYALTY ONTO! It has nothing to do with her gender.

The funny thing is, that's not true regardless. Even if you ignore fAegon and Jon as potential Targ heirs, the BARATHEONS derive from the Targ female line. Dany would have someone to pass the throne to- Stannis Baratheon's line.

It's possible to be a strong critic of Dany and her character/decisions without being misogynistic and horrible, and so far on this thread we've seem to have succeeded. But many people, including on this forum, use Dany and Catlyn hate to express some very nasty opinons about women. Almost every Dany or Cat thread turns into this, and quite a few that have nothing to do with either character.

Then call out specific sexism when you see it, as Ingelheim did, and don't blanket everyone with the same broad brush, the way some people on here are attempting. It's not that difficult.

Sexism is absolutely integral to the issue of Dany hate among readers. It is a key factor in how her actions are judged.

Mistakes are mistakes and Dany has made no more nor less than other characters. Yet they are forgiven, while she is not.

Instead of people disliking a decision she makes and saying "she shouldn't have done that, it was a mistake" she gets labelled "ignorant" "crazy" "inherently incompetent" "mad" "silly" ....the list goes on, all adjectives and labels thrown at women in any position of authority in the real world the moment they make the TINIEST misstep.

You are so delusional and ignorant and dug into your own views that I'm afraid I'm gonna have to raise my voice (put on caps lock): IF JON CRUCIFIED PEOPLE AND TORTURED CHILDREN AND FUCKED UP AN ENTIRE GOVERNANCE I'D DISLIKE HIM TOO. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GENDER!

I was thinking the same about the show actress

The show Dany is the worst. I didn't mind the book one. More indifferent to her.

No, she did not in any way deserve the attempts on her life. What a silly post.

I don't see how she didn't deserve the attempts on her live. She came in with an army, destroyed a culture's way of life, killed hundreds of its leading citizens, led the city into a political position with the rest of slavers bay bearing down on her resulting in famine and disease, all the while attempting to fundamentally change a society that has existed for thousands of years. You can be sure that if someone tried to do that to your culture (if you grew up in a slaver one) you would be taking up arms against her as well! I know I would (not that I'm a fan of cultural relativism, but come on, take off the horse blinders).

Yes, because the only reason for a woman to gain a throne is so she can pass along to her son. That's not sexist at all.

Why are you continually trying to make this about sex. The previous poster you were commenting on said no heir. Gender was not specified. Please stop your character assassination attempts on the posters.

Jesus, it's difficult to keep up with the posts...

Because her dynasty will end with her. Like the Tudor Dynasty ended with Elizabeth I, because she had no heirs. Like in all probability the Baratheon "dynasty" will end because Bob had no lawful heirs either.

You need heirs as a ruler, male or female.

Well, duh. So what? It doesn't make the taking of the throne useless. Unless you think Dany's only reason for living and striving for the throne is to gain a realm for her sons and she doesn't consider her own interests at all. Thus the sexism claim.

You are so delusional and ignorant and dug into your own views that I'm afraid I'm gonna have to raise my voice (put on caps lock): IF JON CRUCIFIED PEOPLE AND TORTURED CHILDREN AND FUCKED UP AN ENTIRE GOVERNANCE I'D DISLIKE HIM TOO. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GENDER!

Dany did not torture children, and she crucified people who she believed were responsible for the murder of children.

So you SIR are the ignorant one.

Her mistake was in doing so without trial. Without attempting to identify those actually responsible. Her mistake was in believing anyone who was a slave master was responsible. She was not even entirely wrong because anyone who was a slave master was responsible for perpetuating human misery. She didn't understand she couldn't fix the problem so easily though.

Lol.

Yes, lets pillory the woman who dismantled a society that thinks that a good idea of public entertainment is taking three, captured, enslaved children and rub them with raw meat, honey and fish paste, and then take wagers on which of them will get eaten by a bear first.

SHE WRECKED THAT ENTIRE GOVERNANCE!!!!

Robert had targ blood and do not give a fuck about Targaryens law.

Unlike Dany who's so proud of her family and always talk about how she's the last Targ heir.

If Dany isn't an hypocrite she would let a Blackfyre take the IT just like her family would have wanted it to be since the dance of dragons.

Dany likely does not even know anything about indepth Targaryen law. Who would teach such things to her? She has been on Westeros for the grand total of five minutes and has been going from place to place ever since she was little

And do you seriously expect her to give up what she thinks is hers, to some random person she has never met? That is wack. Nobody on earth would do that, laws or not

I love how this thread has gone nuts. I mean, yeah, we dislike Daenerys because she's a woman. LET'S ALL HATE SANSA, CAT, ARYA, BRIENNE, ARIANNE, CERSEI, ASHA, ETC.

I personally dislike Dany because:

1. She a mass murderer. No more no less

2. Her stroyline is beyond boring. I liked her in AGOT, ACOK, and maybe even in ASOS. But gosh, I can't forget Martin Meeren.

Dany did not torture children, and she crucified people who she believed were responsible for the murder of children. So you SIR are the ignorant one.

Her mistake was in doing so without trial. Without attempting to identify those actually responsible. Her mistake was in believing anyone who was a slave master was responsible. She was not even entirely wrong because anyone who was a slave master was responsible for perpetuating human misery. She didn't understand she couldn't fix the problem so easily though.

She had the millers daughters tortured. As for the part about crucifixions, how is what he said wrong? He said she crucified people, which is true, how is that ignorance?

Dany did not torture children, and she crucified people who she believed were responsible for the murder of children. So you SIR are the ignorant one.

1) I'm sure the poor wineseller's daughters would disagree with your notion they weren't tortured "sharply," (that last word being a direct quote)

2) I'm not saying she wasn't right to kill the slave masters (she had every right), but the manner of their deaths is horrific and disgusting, and not true justice. True justice would be a hanging or beheading. No personal emotions involved. Jon dolls out true justice (beheading Slynt), Dany uses her personal and fickle feelings for her own brand of "justice."

Lol.

Yes, lets pillory the woman who dismantled a society that thinks that a good idea of public entertainment is taking three. captured, enslaved children and rub them with raw meat, honey and fish paste, and then take wagers on which of them will get eaten by a bear first.

SHE WRECKED THAT ENTIRE GOVERNANCE!!!!

What she left behind is arguably just as bad. Lawlessness, chaos and bedlam, inter-cine warfare etc.

What she left behind is arguably just as bad. Lawlessness, chaos and bedlam, inter-cine warfare etc.

I was really impressed when I got to the part where you used the word 'bedlam,' but then you went and used 'inter-cine,' which is not a word. I think you were searching for 'internecine.'

She didn't execute them for being slavers, she executed them for killing the children. Had the crime been slaving general, she'd've executed them all. And if the murder of the children was the specific crime that was being punished, she had a pretty basic obligation to figure out who was actually guilty and execute all of them, not just the 163. Because as it is, not only is it possible (probable) that she killed people who didn't kill the children, it's also possible that some people who were responsible got off without punishment. And this is absolutely fair game when it comes to evaluating her as a governor.

Not seen anywhere above: Criticism for that action that has anything to do with Dany being female. If Jon ever crucifies 160 people without trial and no one complains about it but everyone keeps giving Dany shit for doing it, you might have a point.

I was really impressed when I got to the part where you used the word 'bedlam,' but then you went and used 'inter-cine,' which is not a word. I think you were searching for 'internecine.'

Oh, my bad. It was spell checks fault brah brah. but yeah i meant the word you used.

Well this escalated quickly. I'll see myself out.

Good riddance!

lol.

She had the millers daughters tortured. As for the part about crucifixions, how is what he said wrong? He said she crucified people, which is true, how is that ignorance?

What makes everyone think that the wineseller's (not miller's) daughter was a child and not a grown woman who was a co-conspirator in setting up the terroristic attacks on Dany's soldiers? The whole point of that is that the soldiers went into the shop, got drunk and were then abducted. I always thought that the whole point was the wineseller and his daughter were suspects... one typically doesn't have children working in a bar. There is no textual reference to the daughter being a little girl

Archived