Margaery's 7 Judges

Good Guy Garlan

The High Septon says she'll have 7 judges:

A sacred court of seven judges shall sit upon this case. Three shall be of your female sex. A maiden, a mother, and a crone. Who could be more suited to judge the wickedness of women?

I'm assuming they're meant to represent the Seven, so:

The Father: My gut tells me it's going to be the High Septon himself, as he's "the Father below"

The Mother: No idea. I wonder if an actual mother would be chosen

The Warrior: I think Ser Theodan the True is a given, being the Commander of the Warrior's Sons

The Crone: I'm guessing one of the gazillion old septas that are always in the Sept

The Maiden: My guess is Tyene. I made a thread about her possibly being one of the acolytes serving Cersei here, but I think the quotes still apply here:

Lady Tyene smiled at that. Her gown was cream and green, with long lace sleeves, so modest and so innocent that any man who looked at her might think her the most chaste of maids.

“Why not? White suits my coloring. I look so … pure.”

And that leaves us the Stranger and the Smith (Tobho Mott, perhaps?), any candidates for them and the others?

The High Septon says she'll have 7 judges:

I'm assuming they're meant to represent the Seven, so:

The Father: My gut tells me it's going to be the High Septon himself, as he's "the Father below"

The Mother: No idea. I wonder if an actual mother would be chosen

The Warrior: I think Ser Theodan the True is a given, being the Commander of the Warrior's Sons

The Crone: I'm guessing one of the gazillion old septas that are always in the Sept

The Maiden: My guess is Tyene. I made a thread about her possibly being one of the acolytes serving Cersei here, but I think the quotes still apply here:

And that leaves us the Stranger and the Smith (Tobho Mott, perhaps?), any candidates for them and the others?

LOL, the only Mothers I could think of were Cersei and Taena! If so, Marg better pray it's the latter.

I'm almost sure that Tyene will not make it to Marg's trial. I think the timeline doesn't match. She just can't pop in KL, Arianne barely reached the storlands with 2 chapters. IIRC Tyene and Nym will go to KL by the Boneway, which will make the journey longer? And I guess the first trial will be Marg's as she accused first.

The Father--> High Sparrow

The Mother-->??? Dunno, aren't septas suppose to be virgins for all their lifes? Maybe one of the Most Devout.

The Warrior-->Thedon the True, yea why not.

The Maiden-->a random young septa

The Smith-->???

The Crone-->one of these old septas who checked Cersei while she was in the cell.

The Stranger--> A silent sister.

I'm almost sure that Tyene will not make it to Marg's trial. I think the timeline doesn't match. She just can't pop in KL, Arianne barely reached the storlands with 2 chapters. IIRC Tyene and Nym will go to KL by the Boneway, which will make the journey longer? And I guess the first trial will be Marg's as she accused first.

The Father--> High Sparrow

The Mother-->??? Dunno, aren't septas suppose to be virgins for all their lifes? Maybe one of the Most Devout.

The Warrior-->Thedon the True, yea why not.

The Maiden-->a random young septa

The Smith-->???

The Crone-->one of these old septas who checked Cersei while she was in the cell.

The Stranger--> A silent sister.

I assumed Tyene and Nym left pretty much as soon as Doran gave them their missions in aDwD (although Nym probably had to wait until Balon Swann saw Myrcella), and I think Arianne leaves sometime later, as she makes no mention of Nym or Tyene

Hey, great call about a silent sister! It's seems so obvious now!

I assumed Tyene and Nym left pretty much as soon as Doran gave them their missions in aDwD (although Nym probably had to wait until Balon Swann saw Myrcella), and I think Arianne leaves sometime later, as she makes no mention of Nym or Tyene

Hey, great call about a silent sister! It's seems so obvious now!

How would a Silent Sister be able to give her 2 cents on the judging tho?

Most likely. And considering is Margaery the one judged, such women won't be from anywhere related to the Reach or Highgarden.

Or even the Lannisters/Casterly Rock because they might vote unfavorably based on the Margery/Cersei feud.

Most likely. And considering is Margaery the one judged, such women won't be from anywhere related to the Reach or Highgarden.

Or even the Lannisters/Casterly Rock because they might vote unfavorably based on the Margery/Cersei feud.

Ideally, sure. In practice, we've seen that impartiality doesn't seem to rate very highly on the bucket list when picking jurors or judges in Westeros. Though I'll grant you that unless the High Septon is willing to tip his hand and show his colors, he has to maintain at least a semblance of actual justice. It's also possible he just might be the hard-ass justice-lover he appears to be, but I think there's more to him.

Ilyn Payne is in the Rivverlands with Jaime Lannister, otherwise I thought he might make a good candidate for the Stranger.

My thoughts exactly, the king's justice or the LC if they were there. What about Qyburn? I know he's blacklisted by the Citadel but with Pycelle's death he might be considered in the absence of another maester.

Hang on, I think Ilyn Payne could make it. Now that there's "peace" in the Riverlands and that Jaime's been missing for some time I assume some of his party has already returned to KL, especially those transporting the hostages.

Hang on, I think Ilyn Payne could make it. Now that there's "peace" in the Riverlands and that Jaime's been missing for some time I assume some of his party has already returned to KL, especially those transporting the hostages.

Well, that's true. Concepts of distance and length of time to travel places gets sort of complicated in this series. At least to me. But as the king's justice Illyn Payne could be a candidate. Although, I don't know if the Faith would still be sore with him for executing Eddard at the Sept of Balor. Even though he was "just following orders."

Archived