TWOW - 2015 release date

jaimereborn

We can only hope, but im not holding my breath, one of these threads shows up every few weeks and they're almost all complete bunk. If true though, I think the length is very interesting. Only 704 pages is much shorter than GRRM has been projecting. Perhaps the rumor his publisher floated about 8 books is true, 3 shorter books would make it easier to stay ahead of HBO.

They wouldn't have confirmed ISBNs unless the book had been submitted for publishing would they? At least not from what I recall from briefly working in that industry.

Is there a way to confirm the validity of the codes in this case?

Caution is probably key here. Let's wait till we hear something. I hope it makes it out before season 5 because season 5 will being going into uncharted areas for us book readers.

Hmmm...maybe only in small ways.

Cersei/Jamie = their arcs in AFFC will most likely be the focus of S5, ending with Jamie ignoring Cersei and Cersei's Walk of Shame.

Tyrion = probably ends with him signing on with BBP (with Jorah) but his season will be his ADWD POV

Dany = will end with the Dothraki finding her after she flees on Drogon's back from the pit

Jon = will end with his "murder" (probably in the 9th episode to keep tradition)

Arya = that one is tough, but she might go beyond the books.

Sansa = probably going beyond the books.

Bran = probably going beyond the books, at least toward the end of the season

Sam = his journey to the Citadel, possibly a little beyond the books.

Add in the Dornish plot and we might have this season only before we're actually really beyond the books.

For anyone trying to keep calm, here's a little something to temper the mood:

"So that’s the route I chose to take.Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons..." -GRRM, 2005.

I plan to remain optimistic & happy about this news until GRRM or his publisher slaps it down. If that doesn't happen soon I would take it as tacit acceptance from GRRM that it's true.

The 704 pages bit is interesting . . . I believe 1,500 was what I've read in the past. Is it possible George has decided to scale the thing back for practical reasons? Maybe GOT is putting pressure on him. If he lets the sled get ahead of the horse, he may not be steering anymore. If you know what I mean.

They wouldn't have confirmed ISBNs unless the book had been submitted for publishing would they? At least not from what I recall from briefly working in that industry.

ISBNs can be assigned long before publishing. Especially anything in a series, because the publisher knows its coming, only the dates are unknown.

We can only hope, but im not holding my breath, one of these threads shows up every few weeks and they're almost all complete bunk. If true though, I think the length is very interesting. Only 704 pages is much shorter than GRRM has been projecting. Perhaps the rumor his publisher floated about 8 books is true, 3 shorter books would make it easier to stay ahead of HBO.

I want so bad for this to be true... book releases at the beginning of 2015, 2016, and 2017 to precede the final three seasons.

Nobody crush my delusional belief that HBO and GRRM have this all secretly planned out. I mean, come on, it would be great marketing!

For anyone trying to keep calm, here's a little something to temper the mood:

"So that’s the route I chose to take.Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons..." -GRRM, 2005.

Thanks for that

ISBNs can be assigned long before publishing. Especially anything in a series, because the publisher knows its coming, only the dates are unknown.

*sigh* good point

Archived