Football LXXX: Transfers, preseason & ongoing seasons

Mexal

I think keeping Campbell and sending Sanogo out on loan would be best. Sanogo looks like he needs a solid season as a first choice striker. Send him to spain, maybe? Campbell would be a more able deputy for Giroud at this point.

So I'm watching the replay of the Seattle vs Portland game. I'm loving the atmosphere and the enthusiasm of the seattle supporters. Really passionate.

This is so great, especially if it means Vidal is gone too. Will be really interesting to see who they appoint, is it greedy of me to wish for Allegri?

Allegri is one of the reported candidates for replacing Conte, along with Mihajlovic and Mancini.

Each of those three would suffice, I reckon ;)

Who is after Sturridge?

As Mark Anthony said, Lambert and Borini.

But the list doesn't stop there, since there are a few players that are not exactly strikers but are rather offensive-minded like Sterling and now Markovic.

As stated countless times before, the defensive part of the squad is in much bigger need of strengthening.

I feel like Ricardo Rodriguez would probably be the better option, from what I saw of him at the WC.

Agreed I think he is amazing. Want him more than any other fullback unfortunately Wolfsburg have no reason to sell for anything reasonable.

They would probably want around what United payed for Shaw.

We need Khedira or Schneiderlin as well.

Seems your almost certain to get Khedira

I think keeping Campbell and sending Sanogo out on loan would be best. Sanogo looks like he needs a solid season as a first choice striker.

How much of Campbell have you seen? He's atrocious when he's not on the ball. Sanogo's movement is miles ahead of Campbell. I think Campbell needs more time to get those things right, Sanogo is a better deputy for Giroud because he is more similar to Giroud than Campbell. The latter's stock has risen, though I think it's disproportional to his actual level right now.

Allegri is one of the reported candidates for replacing Conte, along with Mihajlovic and Mancini.

Each of those three would suffice, I reckon ;)

Yeah, I don't think Allegri or Mancini are bad coaches really, even though Allegri managed to not win the league in spite of having Ibra on his team. But, the Juventini will be pissed off at having either, and their squad is aging, so this could make for a real nice mess. The cherry on top thus far is Roma snatching Iturbe right from under their noses, now, if only Vidal and/or Pogba would be nice enough to leave... ;)

How much of Campbell have you seen? He's atrocious when he's not on the ball. Sanogo's movement is miles ahead of Campbell.

I wouldn't say that. Sanogo's movement is good in the sense that he runs a lot, but it's mostly pretty headless-chicken. Campbell might not be absolutely stellar, but he showed against us in the CL and in the early games at the WC that he knows how to show for space in the wide positions and then make use of it. His biggest issue really seemed to be getting tired too quick.

How much of Campbell have you seen? He's atrocious when he's not on the ball. Sanogo's movement is miles ahead of Campbell. I think Campbell needs more time to get those things right, Sanogo is a better deputy for Giroud because he is more similar to Giroud than Campbell. The latter's stock has risen, though I think it's disproportional to his actual level right now.

He is fairly bad off the ball but as polish said, Sanogo isn't much better. There is no intelligence to his run and he's terrible with the ball at his feet, whereas Campbell can create something and is willing to receive the ball and run at defenders. I'd like him to finally train with the first team as I think he's capable of learning. There is only so much you're going to learn when you're the most talented player on loan team. Having someone like Ozil feeding the ball might make you look for more space more often.

I wouldn't say that. Sanogo's movement is good in the sense that he runs a lot, but it's mostly pretty headless-chicken

I don't think I agree to that. When I was talking about movement, I didn't mean 'he runs a lot' more so that he makes the right runs, opening up the space for others. Clearly you don't think he does that, we'll just have to disagree on that one.

I suppose you have to make a call as to which of those two we keep, maybe both as you're not going to play Sanogo on the wings. I just think people are harsh on Sanogo because 1) He's missed a few chances 2) It's a very easy criticism to make as the press/ fans go on about it.

Nah, people are harsh on Sanogo because he's super raw and not ready to play at the PL level. Heaps of potential but really needs some seasoning as a first choice striker somewhere.

Seems your almost certain to get Khedira

If we can agree to a contract. Looks like a fee has been agreed but his wage demands are ridiculous.

If we can agree to a contract. Looks like a fee has been agreed but his wage demands are ridiculous.

That's just the cost of day to day life in Islington pushing his wages up

Reports emerging that Max Allegri has agreed a 2year deal with Juve. I don't understand why theyrushed into the appointment, they surely could have gotten someone better. Heck they could have bullied fiorentina into giving montella up.

But anyway, good luck to him and juve. They'll both need it.

That's just the cost of day to day life in Islington pushing his wages up

Man do I miss Islington, but definitely not the cost. It just keeps going up! Not sure I could afford to live there anymore, at least not on my previous wage.

Can't understand you lot who say Everton'll struggle. Didn't you read in the last thread that Tony Hibbert extended his contract???

I thought the man retired ages ago. Clearly not!

Lots of talk about Vidal to United but Juve's director is saying right now that he spoke to Vidal yesterday and he's happy to stay at Juventus and that they plan on holding onto him tight. It'll be interesting to see if that sticks. Vidal on United is scary.

Lots of talk about Vidal to United but Juve's director is saying right now that he spoke to Vidal yesterday and he's happy to stay at Juventus and that they plan on holding onto him tight. It'll be interesting to see if that sticks. Vidal on United is scary.

I've seen so much on Vidal that it has become difficult to know what may be true and what is nonsense. One report says the transfer has stalled due to Vidal's wage demands (150k/week). Another says United do not want to pay the £34m due to concerns over Vidal's knee injury. After the Shaw and Herrera signings there has been alot of talk but seemingly no progress with other potential signings. Hopefully with LVG at Old Trafford now the transfer dealings will become more clear.

I've seen so much on Vidal that it has become difficult to know what may be true and what is nonsense. One report says the transfer has stalled due to Vidal's wage demands (150k/week). Another says United do not want to pay the £34m due to concerns over Vidal's knee injury. After the Shaw and Herrera signings there has been alot of talk but seemingly no progress with other potential signings. Hopefully with LVG at Old Trafford now the transfer dealings will become more clear.

As I said, Juventus director just said he's not going to be sold and that he's happy at Juventus. Doesn't mean much, but it does feel like there is a ton of smoke there and not a lot of fire. Things can change in a heartbeat if he gets into training, doesn't like Allegri and requests to be sold.

Archived