Does a blackfyre have more claim to the IT than Daenerys ?

PirateVergo

Aemon the Dragonknight;

1. is known as the beacon of chivalry.

2. betrayed his king and bedded with his sister the Queen, fathering Daeron II from her.

was captured and put in a cage during the conquest of Dorne.

served under 4 kings: Daeron I, Baelor, Viserys II and Aegon IV.

died while defending his brother the King. Two members of House Toyne, who were trying to avenge the execution of Ser Terrence Toyne, were there.

Jaime the Kingslayer;

1. is known as the disgrace of chivalry.

2. betrayed Robert and bedded with his sister the Queen, fathering three children from her.

was captured and put in a cage during the Riverlands campaign.

will serve under 4 kings: Aerys II, Robert, Joffrey, Tommen.

will die while killing his sister the Queen. Two members of House Stark (Sansa and Arya), who are trying to avenge the execution of Lord Eddard Stark, will be there.

Just for the sake of not wasting such a nice parallel, I'd argue that Naerys and Aemon did it. Besides, that was an awesome "fuck u" moment for the Unworthy king.

Jaime wasn't put in a cage. You are confusing the show with the books.

Eh I think the Naerys/Aemon thing is extremely transparent. Like, I'd believe it if Daemon's claim wasn't already being pushed by others who would have reason to spread lies about Naerys.

From an objective point of view, the twincest looks like a lie of Stannis to make himself the rightful heir of Robert. The Strong bastards were never confirmed to be Strong bastards in the history books. That may be the case for Cersei's children as well. Given that Aemon himself told us that tale and he was not strictly against this "Blackfyre Propoganda", I think it was true and all for the better because the blood of the Unworthy King didnot inherit the IT.

She does have a claim to the throne. So does Stannis, Aegon (if real) and Jon (once his parentage is revealed). All of them will have tot ake it by force if they want to press their claims.

Not necessarily. The throne could be offered to one of them by council, as well.

Tommen and Myrcella's true heritage will come to light. Both their parents still live, and their father is pretty determined to spill the beans to anyone coming his way.

And Jaime will serve five kings, not four - Aerys, Robert, Joffrey (technically), Tommen, and Aegon. That's obvious since AFfC.

Tommen and Myrcella's true heritage will come to light. Both their parents still live, and their father is pretty determined to spill the beans to anyone coming his way.

And Jaime will serve five kings, not four - Aerys, Robert, Joffrey (technically), Tommen, and Aegon. That's obvious since AFfC.

...if so, that would make him the worst KG in the history of the KG after all of them have died XD

From an objective point of view, the twincest looks like a lie of Stannis to make himself the rightful heir of Robert. The Strong bastards were never confirmed to be Strong bastards in the history books. That may be the case for Cersei's children as well. Given that Aemon himself told us that tale and he was not strictly against this "Blackfyre Propoganda", I think it was true and all for the better because the blood of the Unworthy King didnot inherit the IT.

Idk, if it was known that Naerys was sickly and devout to the faith as opposed to Cersei who many knew as prideful and cold, I feel like objectively the twincest is way less like a lie than Naerys and Aemon.

And I was going to say that I don't mind that Aegon IV's blood continued on the throne because blood doesn't matter, but I also really like that Alicent's blood didn't do that besides her son either. So maybe it would be better that such a terrible king didn't really leave a king legacy, but the circumstances of Daemon, Daeron, the Dornish, and the people's general idiotic attitudes about warriors vs scholars have me convinced it was just propaganda.

Given that Aemon himself told us that tale and he was not strictly against this "Blackfyre Propoganda", I think it was true and all for the better because the blood of the Unworthy King didnot inherit the IT.

Aemon doesn't say that though. He simply says there are two tales about the paternity:

"My grandfather named me for Prince Aemon the Dragonknight, who was his uncle, or his father, depending on which tale you believe. Aemon, he called me…”

This isn't Aemon saying there is or isn't credence to the Blackfyre angle. He is simply mentioning that there were two different stories

they have been bending the rules for Targs with dragons for the last 300 years. What was it? That the council was lenient about kings having multiple wives as long as they had dragons and proved themselves true Valyrian warriors or whatever. it will be the same with Dany. She will be able to set new precedent from Drogons back and no one will argue :)

Plus Viserys was crowned on Dragonstone before they fled, making him king, and he was called king during the whole rest of his life, Beggar King then Cart King, and when he died Dany inherited his King-ship............Or Jon became King when Rhaegar died, depending on the timing. Bobby and Cersei have just been very bad baby-sitters of the IT.

Plus Viserys was crowned on Dragonstone before they fled, making him king, and he was called king during the whole rest of his life, Beggar King then Cart King, and when he died Dany inherited his King-ship.

Wait, really? Where is this specified? i like it...

Well he was never ordained or whatever by the high septon, but he was crowned on Dragonstone, which is where many of the Targ kings were crowned, so some ppl say it was not official. But according to Viserys and Dany, he is an exiled King. it all depends on who you are talking to. However, he only had his mothers crown, he never had a Targ 'king's' crown. Which he eventually had to sell when they were on the run.

I think it might be in the app, but I'm not sure. I don't recall it from the books, but it seems plausible and I can see no reason why it didn't happen :dunno:

Archived