Makeup V: Inspired by a Diva

Fragile Bird

I almost never put makeup on my eyebrows because they're black and thick and don't need anything, but the few times I have I just used black eyeliner, and it seemed to go on fine, though I couldn't see much of a difference. So what is the difference between eyeliner and brow pencils? Eye shadow and brow powder? Is there a difference if is it just marketing?

Has anyone tried the Louboutin nail polish at $50 a bottle? Oi.

http://sephora.com/christian-louboutin-nail-polish?brandName=christian-louboutin-nail-polish

No, and I'm not going to, either. I'd rather keep my $50.

I almost never put makeup on my eyebrows because they're black and thick and don't need anything, but the few times I have I just used black eyeliner, and it seemed to go on fine, though I couldn't see much of a difference. So what is the difference between eyeliner and brow pencils? Eye shadow and brow powder? Is there a difference if is it just marketing?

Eye brow powder is not formulated to 'glide'. You have to use a stiff brush, and it's more 'gluey'. (I hope you appreciate the technical language in this post.) I always set mine with clear mascara.

I've found that using powder with a brush gives me a more natural look and seems to cling to the hair itself. I've only used inexpensive brow pencils a couple times, but I felt like they colored the skin underneath and had a more straight, defined (ie unnatural) look. Admittedly, it could be that I had a bad product and/or was using it incorrectly.

My sister always does her eyebrows. I'd be concerned that I'd smudge them all over my face :laugh:

I decided to go for a short side fringe instead. But my hair was so dead, I had to have most of it chopped off! :crying: I feel like I'm in Sabrina. Hair grows, hair grows..

I decided to go for a short side fringe instead. But my hair was so dead, I had to have most of it chopped off! :crying: I feel like I'm in Sabrina. Hair grows, hair grows..

I told myself the same thing when I got my hair cut short two years ago. :lol: It was a hideous haircut, it made me look like a cocker spaniel, with their curly ears. I had curly sides, and the rest was kinda wavy (much shorter than the sides for some reason), I don't know what that idiot hairdresser did to my poor hair, I just wanted to get it slightly shorter. But hair grows!

Do you like your new haircut?

I told myself the same thing when I got my hair cut short two years ago. :lol: It was a hideous haircut, it made me look like a cocker spaniel, with their curly ears. I had curly sides, and the rest was kinda wavy (much shorter than the sides for some reason), I don't know what that idiot hairdresser did to my poor hair, I just wanted to get it slightly shorter. But hair grows!

Do you like your new haircut?

Some hairdressers do some weird things! And they never style it how you want it.

I got my hair cut into a graduated bob 4 years ago, and it was the worst decision. It took ages to grow, went all flicky and weird. I hated it. This is longer now, and it needed to be done so that my hair is healthy, but I love having really long hair. I usually wear mine wavy, so I'm hoping it doesn't look too stupid once I wash it. I also hope my new fringe doesn't go all flicky because of my glasses :laugh: But yeah I do like it. I have quite a large forehead, so I need some kind of fringe thing.

http://sephora.com/christian-louboutin-nail-polish?brandName=christian-louboutin-nail-polish

I'll buy shoes from a shoe maker and nail polish from a nail polish maker, not vice versa. I won't even buy their bags. There's quite a bit of R&D in nail polish, I don't want a noob shit manufacturer to fuck up my nails. Who knows where they got their nail polish from to sell to consumers.

I just don't want to spend 50 bucks on a bottle of nail varnish. I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

If I get banned, it's because I sent XRay some crazy photos featuring my newest Nars lipstick. They include a creepy sad baby head. Don't ask. I got Annabella and it's the perfect red. I mean, the perfectest of most perfects. It's a clear, true red with just a hint of orange frost to it. I'm in love.

I also got Juliette, which is a coral apricot. I normally can't wear this color without it looking chalky, but it's grand. Francois Nars is a freaking genius.

Now I'm going to have to go look at these lip colours. :)

Before Loncon I went through the drawers in my bathroom and pitched out an astonishing amount of stuff. I still need to do a second run and look at the stuff I didn't throw out to see if that stuff should be filed under G also.

Some hairdressers do some weird things! And they never style it how you want it.

I got my hair cut into a graduated bob 4 years ago, and it was the worst decision. It took ages to grow, went all flicky and weird. I hated it. This is longer now, and it needed to be done so that my hair is healthy, but I love having really long hair. I usually wear mine wavy, so I'm hoping it doesn't look too stupid once I wash it. I also hope my new fringe doesn't go all flicky because of my glasses :laugh: But yeah I do like it. I have quite a large forehead, so I need some kind of fringe thing.

Short wavy hair looks cute! That's what I was going for when I went to that hairdresser :(

The bottles are lovely, and the polish seems to be very good quality, but no way I'm paying $50 for a regular creme shade, the colours aren't that unique, you could get like four holo or glitter polishes for less than that.

I just don't want to spend 50 bucks on a bottle of nail varnish. I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

If I get banned, it's because I sent XRay some crazy photos featuring my newest Nars lipstick. They include a creepy sad baby head. Don't ask. I got Annabella and it's the perfect red. I mean, the perfectest of most perfects. It's a clear, true red with just a hint of orange frost to it. I'm in love.

I also got Juliette, which is a coral apricot. I normally can't wear this color without it looking chalky, but it's grand. Francois Nars is a freaking genius.

Oh goddammit, now I have to buy Annabella and Juliette as well, in addition to Vera.

Elder Sister I showed those photos to my colleague (no worries, she's a good friend of mine). Now she wants to buy the lipstick too!

(but she was a bit wigged out by creepy sad baby head)

What is wrong with her?!? I am way creepier in that photo than Creepy Sad Baby Head.

You both seriously need Annabella. It's fantastic. I have to go look at Vera. Do I need it?

I tried Vera on and fell in love and...they were sold out in the NARS store (online is fine). But, I am a sucker for a berry lipstick (in addition to red), so it'll really depend on how you feel about that color family.

I wore Fanny today at work...and my male colleague (who is Fashion-Correct) loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought this gorgeous Zoya polish from their new autumn collection. Sure, it's a gorgeous eggplant with metallic sparkle, but when I saw its name, I was sold.

She's winging her way here. I can't wait. My very first Zoya polish, and such a memorable one! :wub:

(Mods, I am positive it's merely a coincidence. None of the rest of the collection is at all referential!)

So my skin has decided to break out in a massive disgusting bout of cystic acne. I'm almost 23, my skin was never this bad when I was a teenager. Grumble.

I tried toothpaste, which seemed to dry them up, and castor oil to treat them, but I need a skincare regime to stop the little blighters flaring up like this again. I'm tempted to go to the doctor, but by the time I get an appointment they'll probably be gone, and I have to pay for prescriptions, which is a real pain at the moment as I'm not earning. Googling home remedies has come up with apple cider vinegar and baking soda, but I have none of either, though they'd be a lot cheaper than a bloody prescription charge.

Archived