NBA Offseason: What's Love Got To Do With It

Rhom

Gibson and Butler is too much. I don't think it will happen anyways but don't do it Bulls!! He'll be playing in Cleveland.

Are you sure the offer was even made? This article says the Bulls weren't aware of it...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/28809466-579/kevin-love-to-bulls-thats-a-tricky-one.html#.U87tYuNdVBe

I'm just not going to believe anything that ESPN posts. Seems to be the right way to go about it. Also maybe someone on the T-Wolves is 'leaking' this info to put pressure on Cleveland, who can obviously give the best offer.

Too much for Love? Pass me whatever you're smoking bro, it must be strong.

Yup. Considering that they'll probably have to throw in a future 1st round pick and more, and Love might not even re-sign with Bulls after this year. They'll lose too much defense. Obviously Bulls need offense but I just think they'll have to give up too much. This is all probably for nothing since I think Love will go to Cleveland but if ESPN is right and Bulls are serious then Gibson and Butler are just the starting point since Cleveland has so much to offer.

Yup. Considering that they'll probably have to throw in a future 1st round pick and more, and Love might not even re-sign with Bulls after this year. They'll lose too much defense. Obviously Bulls need offense but I just think they'll have to give up too much. This is all probably for nothing since I think Love will go to Cleveland but if ESPN is right and Bulls are serious then Gibson and Butler are just the starting point since Cleveland has so much to offer.

I don't think Love and Thibs would fit at all. Love needs a players coach, Thibs will die on the sideline (as mentioned with Melo) when Love doesn't play any D.

Also, I feel like this next sentence needs to be said. Dirk does not get anywhere near the love he should. I didn't know he was #10 all time in scoring, and he has a better PPG than some of the guys ahead of him. Makes me rethink that top PFs on the era should be ranked as:

1. Timmy

2. Dirk

3. KG

4. Pau (kinda of a C, and he gets beat down a lot in the Media, but he was really good for a long time and still is, more or less)

5. All top 5 PF 90'2-00's list must include Sheed, just cause.

Plus, ten titles over 20 years for this group, so they were awesome.

I don't think Love and Thibs would fit at all. Love needs a players coach, Thibs will die on the sideline (as mentioned with Melo) when Love doesn't play any D.

Also, I feel like this next sentence needs to be said. Dirk does not get anywhere near the love he should. I didn't know he was #10 all time in scoring, and he has a better PPG than some of the guys ahead of him. Makes me rethink that top PFs on the era should be ranked as:

1. Timmy

2. Dirk

3. KG

4. Pau (kinda of a C, and he gets beat down a lot in the Media, but he was really good for a long time and still is, more or less)

5. All top 5 PF 90'2-00's list must include Sheed, just cause.

Plus, ten titles over 20 years for this group, so they were awesome.

Pau doesn't belong on that list. Using the dates you mentioned (90's to present) you'd have to have Rodman and Karl Malone on it.

Titles bro. They matter. Especially in basketball. Also, he was more Jordan era than current era. His 00's playing was minimal and poor. Shows what he is/was without JS. Also, Pau is usually included in most top 10 all time PF lists.

Rodman was a SF through a significant portion of his career, and last played in the NBA in 2000. He also wasn't much of a two-way player, but that being said, all time team, Rodman and Wilt would make a hilarious PF/C combo. We rebound, you score Dipper. Add Magic, MJ and LBJ to that team and hilarity ensues.

Titles bro. They matter. Especially in basketball. Also, he was more Jordan era than current era. His 00's playing was minimal and poor. Shows what he is/was without JS. Also, Pau is usually included in most top 10 all time PF lists.

Rodman was a SF through a significant portion of his career, and last played in the NBA in 2000. He also wasn't much of a two-way player, but that being said, all time team, Rodman and Wilt would make a hilarious PF/C combo. We rebound, you score Dipper. Add Magic, MJ and LBJ to that team and hilarity ensues.

Umm, Rodman won 5 titles...Sorry, but Pau does not belong on that list. Hell, I forgot The Round Mound of Rebound as well. Don't think Gasol belongs in the top 10 of PFs really...

Umm, Rodman won 5 titles...Sorry, but Pau does not belong on that list. Hell, I forgot The Round Mound of Rebound as well. Don't think Gasol belongs in the top 10 of PFs really...

That's like saying Robert Horry is the best SF ever (I'd certainly have him on my all-time 13 man roster).

So titles don't matter. Got it.

LOL, Rodman was at best a #3 on any team he was on that won. Horry was that on a brilliant year. The guys I listed were #1's in their own right and at worst #2's on star championship teams.

There are differences between pieces and puzzles.......

LOL, Rodman was at best a #3 on any team he was on that won. Horry was that on a brilliant year. The guys I listed were #1's in their own right and at worst #2's on star championship teams.

There are differences between pieces and puzzles.......

Rodman in his prime was a better Power Forward than Gasol in his prime. Rodman would've eaten Pau alive head-to head. More or less the best rebounder of his era, and a NASTY, physical, shutdown defender. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

This. And who said Love is going to Chicago?

From the previous page:

Comes now the news that the Bulls are looking for Love in all the wrong places. (See what I did thar?)

Apparently the offer is Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, and some other assets. I don't like this move for Chicago, and clearly the Cleveland offer is better for Minnesota. I don't see it happening.

No one is saying that Love is going to Chicago... but the Bulls are definitely making a pitch to try to get him.

Is there any sort of correlation between guys (particularly second year guys) dominating at summer league and going on to play well in the league? Because apparently Wizards 2013 picks Glen Rice and Otto Porter were both excellent in Vegas this year.

The No. 3 pick [Porter] in 2013 was back with a vengeance this year, finishing eighth in scoring even though he stuck to his script as a complementary offensive option. Last year, he looked panicked; This year, he looked at ease. Last year, he was easily taken out of the action; this year, he created problems for defenses without stopping the ball. Defensively, his length troubled opposing wings and he registered a game-clinching block of Spurs rookie Kyle Anderson to send the Wizards into the semifinals.

No player surpassed expectations by a wider margin than Rice. The 35th pick in last year's draft scored 32 points -- total -- as an NBA rookie, spending a vast majority of last season in the D-League. But the 6-6 Rice was the leading scorer in Vegas, producing at least 20 points in all six games as the Wizards advanced to the semifinals.

I know that dominating summer league generally doesn't mean anything, but the fact that both guys are playing so much better than last year has to be good news, right? Particularly given that both of them are probably going to be seeing a lot more minutes this year than last.

From the previous page:

No one is saying that Love is going to Chicago... but the Bulls are definitely making a pitch to try to get him.

I honestly don't believe the Bulls really are making a pitch. Chicago media thinks this was leaked by Minnesota to get Cleveland to up their offer. Besides, Taj and Butler aren't nearly enough. I think if the Bulls were serious, they'd have to up the offer to include Mirotic. That MIGHT be more attractive to Minnesota, adding another Spanish/Montenegrin player to the guys they have on the roster.

But like I said, I think this whole story was a leak by Minnesota to get more out of Cleveland. I think Chicago is probably set with who they have.

Is there any sort of correlation between guys (particularly second year guys) dominating at summer league and going on to play well in the league? Because apparently Wizards 2013 picks Glen Rice and Otto Porter were both excellent in Vegas this year.

I know that dominating summer league generally doesn't mean anything, but the fact that both guys are playing so much better than last year has to be good news, right? Particularly given that both of them are probably going to be seeing a lot more minutes this year than last.

Hahah, I almost made this exact post yesterday and got distracted. Anyway, I looked it up. Here are the NBA Summer League MVPs:

A mix of studs, promising talents and a few never weres. Still it's even more encouraging if you look at last year's All Summer League First Team: Andre Drummond, Kelly Olynyk, Jeremy Lamb, Victor Oladipo, Terrence Jones. Basically the lionshare of guys who actually contributed in the regular season from last year's terrible rookie class (and Jeremy Lamb from the prior class who still has some seasoning to earn his coaching staff's trust).

I think Glen Rice Jr. earned his way into the rotation with his summer league performance. Think he'll be a Reggie Jackson instant offense off the bench type guy. And Otto Porter I think will have finally earned some trust from the coaching staff. I think he'll be a 20 minute guy splitting time at the 3 with Paul Pierce. Really curious how his newfound confidence applies to the season (especially as small forward looks to be our biggest weakness coming into the season).

Archived