The Rogue Prince and my new facorite character

Larry of the Lawn

yeah, I agree

that shows to me GRRM is still more than capable of creative making up, not that I'm one of the fans that didn't like the last two books, but I'm talking after beginning of 2011 when he finished ADWD

i like to envision Mushroom as:

http://www.imdb.com/...=ttfc_fc_cl_t16

also, i just watched video where George describes that character (beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SCaZWMppfp0#t=148

I haven't posted in the book threads in about a year.but was just reading the Rogue Prince and have to say that Mushroom is my new favortie character. The tone of this piece is hilarious and a great addition to the ASOIAF universe.

Mushroom is awesome! I'd go with his version of events over others.

I also found Mushroom to be pretty delightful, although I must admit that after reading both novellas, I pretty much despised both sides. The Rogue Prince was, I thought, slightly more sympathetic to the Greens, whereas tPatQ made the Blacks look slightly better. So it cancels out. But I did find myself liking the Velaryons quite a bit. Laena seems pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read it last night, and I liked Viserys I quite a bit.

Really? Viserys I was a grossly incompetent King a shares a large responsibility for the Dance. He was well aware of Alicent and the Greens' ambitions yet did nothing to try and stop them (e.g. calling the Lords to swear to Rhaenyra again) and he allowed his Court to become infested by Green toadies. He was either an.idiot or just couldn't care less about the issue

I haven't posted in the book threads in about a year.but was just reading the Rogue Prince and have to say that Mushroom is my new favortie character. The tone of this piece is hilarious and a great addition to the ASOIAF universe.

I did not see anything funny about him. When did he say or do anything even remotely funny?

I did not see anything funny about him. When did he say or do anything even remotely funny?

the humor is in how his account is much more sexualized and scandalous than the others, and the way that the narrator struggles to pull the truth from differing tales. It wasn't that mushroom was cracking jokes, it was his entire perspective vs the septon'a and the narrator's treatment of each.

the humor is in how his account is much more sexualized and scandalous than the others, and the way that the narrator struggles to pull the truth from differing tales. It wasn't that mushroom was cracking jokes, it was his entire perspective vs the septon'a and the narrator's treatment of each.

Well, perhaps it was the Septon and the Narrator who were funny then, though I don't particularly recall that either. Mushroom himself was dreary as death, espectially if his accounts are true.

Archived