Why do people think Jon is Azor Ahai?

The Pimp

Dragons.

Doesn't make sense. Absolutely no on in the books think Lightbringer can be anything but a sword...even those who think that Dany is AAR/TPWWP haven't said that the dragons could be Lightbringer. We have seen people say that Stannis' sword isn't Lightbringer, but even Aemon, who thinks that Dany is TPWWP, left information for Jon about the real Lightbringer, and said that Stannis' sword wasn't the right Lightbringer.

Well, playing Devil's advocate, her dragons (Nissa Nissa being Drogo, in a wonderfully feministic turn of events). And to counter, where is Jon's lightbringer? We still have 2 books for either.

Well, we haven't seen Jon finish the prophecy, either. But he has something Dany doesn't have...a valyrian steel sword.

Jon's Lightbringer would probably also be one of the dragons. (Assuming that Daenerys, Jon and a third person are all elements of "Azor Ahai reborn.")

Still think it will be an actual sword.

So if Mel says it is Jon next book will that disqualify him?

The next book is when we're going to find all of this stuff out, I would bet money on it.

Doesn't make sense. Absolutely no on in the books think Lightbringer can be anything but a sword...even those who think that Dany is AAR haven't said that the dragons could be Lightbringer. We have seen people say that Stannis' sword isn't Lightbringer, but even Aemon, who thinks that Dany is TPWWP, left information for Jon about the real Lightbringer, and said that Stannis' sword wasn't the right Lightbringer.

Well, we haven't seen Jon finish the prophecy, either. But he has something Dany doesn't have...a valyrian steel sword.

Still think it will be an actual sword.

Oh, personally, I do to. However, what stops LIghtbringer from referring to Dragons, like the blue rose is symbolism for Jon? When dealing with prophecy, symbolism is important to take into consideration.

Oh, personally, I do to. However, what stops LIghtbringer from referring to Dragons, like the blue rose is symbolism for Jon? When dealing with prophecy, symbolism is important to take into consideration.

Because Lightbringer isn't simply prophecy...it's legend, as well. If it were only prophecy, I could totally see a metaphor...but we have the legend, and the fact that no one in the books has said that Lightbringer would be anything but a sword (which is unusual). That's why I think it's a sword.

Perhaps, but how is the whole sticking a sword in his NN going to play out with a dragon? Is Drogon going to eat Daario?

Perhaps, but how is the whole sticking a sword in his NN going to play out with a dragon? Is Drogon going to eat Daario?

IF we were going with that, her sacrifice of Drogo on the funeral pyre that woke the dragons.........................

As far as the thread getting ugly, hopefully can be somewhat civil.

IF we were going with that, her sacrifice of Drogo on the funeral pyre that woke the dragons.........................

But Drogo was already dead...it's not really a sacrifice to burn someone who is already dead, is it?

But Drogo was already dead...it's not really a sacrifice to burn someone who is already dead, is it?

Well, I'm not sure if this is show creep or not (know it was in the show, can't recall in books), but didn't she smother him herself shortly before?

Edit: Found it in GoT (only book I have on me) p761 in the boxset paperback

Inside the tent Dany found a cushion, soft silk stuffed with feathers. She clutched it to her breasts as she walked back out to Drogo, to her sun-and-stars. If I look back I am lost. It hurt even to walk, and she wanted to sleep, to sleep and not to dream.

She knelt, kissed Drogo on the lips, and pressed the cushion down across his face.

Because Lightbringer isn't simply prophecy...it's legend, as well. If it were only prophecy, I could totally see a metaphor...but we have the legend, and the fact that no one in the books has said that Lightbringer would be anything but a sword (which is unusual). That's why I think it's a sword.

A lot of people on here think it's metaphorical and won't actually be a sword. It would be sorta hard to turn the tide of the war with one sword, no matter how good of a fighter you are.

Not really, no. But she may have sacrificed him earlier, with Mirri's blood magic or by smothering him. Then either his life force went into Drogon's egg or his king's blood helped activate the ritual that hatched the dragons.

But Drogo was already dead, that is not a sacrifice. Also Drogo was died from a wound he received, not by Dany's hands.

A lot of people on here think it's metaphorical and won't actually be a sword. It would be sorta hard to turn the tide of the war with one sword, no matter how good of a fighter you are.

Not really, no. But she may have sacrificed him earlier, with Mirri's blood magic or by smothering him. Then either his life force went into Drogon's egg or his king's blood helped activate the ritual that hatched the dragons.

Most likely he was going to die from the wounds, so we are not talking about the same thing. The legend seems to suggest a AA stabbed a perfectly healthy wife to infuse his blade with power. Drogo was not healthy, he was dying. Again even if she smothered him, it doesn't fit. The sword killed NN, and then was infused with power. If she smothered Drogo, he was dead before the pyre was lit. Even then, there is not connection between eggs and drogo. The sword actually killed NN before it was infused. The eggs did not kill drogo.

This is a case of trying to make things fit that do not.

I'm not saying people who read the books...I'm saying that the people IN the books think it's supposed to be a sword, and none have suggested it to be otherwise.

I don't really think of her sacrificing him since he was essentially dead already. That was just giving him mercy.

I would bet my money on Jon Snow being AAR. The pointers are strong for both Dany and Jon, but Melisandre seeing JS when she asks for a glimpse of Azhor Azhai is the most direct evidence sofar. Also, the Nights Watch could fill in the role of 'Lightbringer'.

Also, Dany already has a role in the series as the mother of Dragons. Fitting her into every prophecy ( AAR, The Young Queen) would just make it into the Song of Danaerys Targayren.

I would bet my money on Jon Snow being AAR. The pointers are strong for both Dany and Jon, but Melisandre seeing JS when she asks for a glimpse of Azhor Azhai is the most direct evidence sofar. Also, the Nights Watch could fill in the role of 'Lightbringer'.

Also, Dany already has a role in the series as the mother of Dragons. Fitting her into every prophecy ( AAR, The Young Queen) would just make it into the Song of Danaerys Targayren.

So a red priestess who thinks it is Jon Snow is direct evidence but a red priest who says it Dany is not direct evidence? I am not following the logic.

I'm not saying people who read the books...I'm saying that the people IN the books think it's supposed to be a sword, and none have suggested it to be otherwise.

I understood you. I was just saying that some readers have speculated it may not literally be a sword.

I don't really think of her sacrificing him since he was essentially dead already. That was just giving him mercy.

True. I don't think any of us can say for sure if that would have counted as a sacrifice.

I am sure the people in th books also think that an actual dragon is going to be awoken from a stone and not a metaphorical one. It works both ways.

Archived