favourite / best villain?

You're messing with me right?

Compare:

Sansa: “He is,” Sansa said. “A fool. You’re so clever, to see it. [Dontos is] better fitted to be a fool than a knight, isn’t he? You ought to dress him in motley and make him clown for you. He doesn’t deserve the mercy of a quick death.”

Roose: Only Lady Barbrey, whom you would turn into a pair of boots … inferior boots. Human skin is not as tough as cowhide and will not wear as well. By the king’s decree you are now a Bolton. Try and act like it.

(PS: look at my title. Though, this thread does make a compelling case for it)

Roose Bolton definitely.

And Theon if you consider him a villain. I certainly see him as this in ACOK no matter how much I enjoyed him. The moment you murder two innocent boys you crossed the line into villain territory. Down the line though after the 'Ramsay treatment' he became thoroughly sympathetic at least for me.

Also Jaime, Tyrion (although not as much as Theon and considering you see him as a villain), Varys, Ramsay and Littlefinger although I want Sansa to completely destroy his plans and humiliate him in his own game.

Tywin, Cersei and to a lesser extent Joffrey are hateful in every sense for my taste but I acknowledge they are essential characters and great creations.

Winner in the category "Magnificent Bastard": Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish. So far, he's the ultimate schemer - gleefully riding that knife edge of conspiracy and chaos, mastering the game to turn the whole realm against itself.

Winner in the category "Utterly Toxic Person": Cersei Lannister - every layer you peel back of her just reveals something worse inside. She's hilariously evil, and ruins everything she touches. Never her fault, of course. She's a genuine psychopath.

Winner in the category "Ultimate Comedic Goon": Victarion Greyjoy - Gregor may be the ultimate hired goon, but he doesn't have Big Vic's hilariously warped scruples

Winner in the category "Sickest SOB": Ramsay Bolton - Hardly a Ramsay chapter goes by where some horrendously squick-filled atrocity does not take place.

For me its probably Robb Stark. Very symphatic as a character and very distateful goals of splitting the realm in half. I like those kind of villains.

And yes I know most people see Robb as a hero, but to me heroes don't try to cause additional chaos to the realm, they try to solve the problem and keep the realm united.

For me its probably Robb Stark. Very symphatic as a character and very distateful goals of splitting the realm in half. I like those kind of villains.

And yes I know most people see Robb as a hero, but to me heroes don't try to cause additional chaos to the realm, they try to solve the problem and keep the realm united.

Why would he be united with evil people?

What good would the Lannister tyrannical, evil rule be for the North/Riverlands?

Yeah Robb went about it the wrong way but he was doing what he thought was best for his people and he really wasn't wrong because the Lannisters were not good for the realm at all.

And the North was separate in all but declaration.

Why would he be united with evil people?

What good would the Lannister tyrannical, evil rule be for the North/Riverlands?

Yeah Robb went about it the wrong way but he was doing what he thought was best for his people and he really wasn't wrong because the Lannisters were not good for the realm at all.

And the North was separate in all but declaration.

1. Because that's how Westeros works. And he was perfectly happy to unite with the Blackfish, Roose Bolton and Walder Frey, despite these having some bad rep.

2. It would bring peace. And like you say, King's Landing don't care much for the North so they would have gone on with their merry lives, just like they did under Maegor or the Unworthy, without additional fuss from the South.

3. Actually no, the Riverlords seemed to be all in favor of Stannis or Renly, yet the Northmen more or less pushed them into separatism, thus both abandoning the legally rightful king in Stannis, "a good" usurper in Renly for the idea of breaking the realm in half. The Lannisters would have been better for the realm in the long run. Joffrey is still likely to die, Tywin won't live forever, if you think about him, and the realm has survived brutal and bad kings before. The damage of separatism would have lasted much longer and caused additional war and bloodshed further down the line.

4. And since they were separate in all but name, what need was there for bloodshed over the name part? They already did pretty much run themselves so its not like they needed to take up arms to mind their own business.

Archived