favourite / best villain?

Euron.

He's a cunning, mysterious, funny, charismatic, scary, depraved, psychopathic, badass Pirate King of people with a culture centered around raping and pillaging Westeros. He wants it all and is involved with our favorite aSoIaF things, magic and dragons and the Iron Throne.

Remember, this is the man that made Victarion Greyjoy his bitch.

I'm unconvinced with Euron because we haven't really seen enough of him. I think he only appears in two chapters and it often feels like alot of what is said about him is OTT or fabricated.

I can't say anthing more that you haven't already said (brilliant post by the way). What I do like/hate about him is he just comes across as this brilliant troll. Its almost as if its all a joke and he doesn't care about anything.

All are puppets controlled by the far reaching tentacles of Euron Crowseye! He sails on a sea of blood. None can hope to comprehend his thinkings.

Littlefinger's tremendous villain mustache will not be denied.

Cersie's vindictiveness of every human not herself or her kids.

Dany's a powerful naivety makes her a villianess.

The Green Grace is secretly an evil bitch (AKA 'The Harpy').

As I don't exactly consider the Greyjoys (bar Euron) to be villains, I have to go with Tywin.

He was written to feel like a real person, with realistic motivations, emotions, and goals... unlike the Boltons, or Euron, who all feel like caricatures.

Petyr Baelish is my personal favorite. Tyrion Lannister is only slightly behind.

Although, it should be noted, as I see her being mentioned plenty, that I do not consider Cersei Lannister a villainous figure. But if she is defined as such, then she is the clear choice (and that goes for every category she qualifies for).

I also think Mirri Maz Duur and the Green Grace tend to go unappreciated. I would put them high on my list.

Petyr Baelish is my personal favorite. Tyrion Lannister is only slightly behind.

Although, it should be noted, as I see her being mentioned plenty, that I do not consider Cersei Lannister a villainous figure. But if she is defined as such, then she is the clear choice (and that goes for every category she qualifies for).

I also think Mirri Maz Duur and the Green Grace tend to go unappreciated. I would put them high on my list.

i love cersei but she's definitely a villain. a tragic villain...but a villain nonetheless

i love cersei but she's definitely a villain. a tragic villain...but a villain nonetheless

Well, like I said, if we are going to define her as such, then she is far and away my choice.

Actually, Marwyn might indeed turn out to be something of a villain. I would not dismiss that notion outright yet.

I am also somewhat surprised that Jaime Lannister does not get mentioned and mentioned often. He is easily in my top five.

Actually, Marwyn might indeed turn out to be something of a villain. I would not dismiss that notion outright yet.

I am also somewhat surprised that Jaime Lannister does not get mentioned and mentioned often. He is easily in my top five.

jaime is not a villain.he's an antihero

Cersei is my favorite, she's just so bat shit delusional! She's amazing to read, her justifications for everything, her paranoia, her ignorance to reality. I just love that crazy chick.

But I don't know who's scarier, Tywin or Ramsey. They're both just so cold about their evil deeds. I'm not sure who would be worse to be on the bad side of. I think people like Tywin and Ramsey are much scarier than brutes like Gregor.

jaime is not a villain.he's an antihero

I suppose it depends on the perspective but I have to very strongly disagree. I think Jaime is more clearly villainous than Cersei for example.

From my own look at the things, I usually tend to define the villains as those mostly responsibly for the fall of the Starks, who I tend to "root" for. From that perspective, Tywin, Tyrion and Jaime are orders of magnitude more villainous than Cersei who, apart from being mean to Sansa, was almost a nonparticipant in matters.

I mean, the people she has really been villainous to (i.e., the Blue Bard, Falyse Stokeworth, Melara Hetherspoon, Robert Baratheon's bastards, etc.) are such minor characters, in many cases even unseen characters, that it is hard to really view her as much of an antagonist in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose it depends on the perspective but I have to very strongly disagree. I think Jaime is more clearly villainous than Cersei for example.

From my own look at the things, I usually tend to define the villains as those mostly responsibly for the fall of the Starks, who I tend to "root" for. From that perspective, Tywin, Tyrion and Jaime are orders of magnitude more villainous than Cersei who, apart from being mean to Sansa, was almost a nonparticipant in matters.

I mean, the people she has really been villainous to (i.e., the Blue Bard, Falyse Stokeworth, Melara Hetherspoon, Robert Baratheon's bastards, etc.) are such minor characters, in many cases even unseen characters, that it is hard to really view her as much of an antagonist in the grand scheme of things.

lol well i disagree. i think its a little more complicated than "who's mean to the starks".

My favourite villains are Jaime & Theon because they show remorse, the Hound because he's honest about what he is and Tyrion & Dany because they have a moral compass. Otherwise, I despise villains who have no redeeming qualities and I include Tywin in that (the ends do not justify the means imo). I also found Cersei's chapters very entertaining but I don't like her in any way.

Archived