Three Lives I grant you - who would you bring back if you could?

Blackfyre Gateau

1. Robb Stark. Would be a total game changer and eventually even Stannis would relent since Robb doesn't want the IT.

2. Oberyn Martell. He and Doran would have been able to do so much more together! And we can ask him if he poisoned Tywin. :D

3. Grey Wind. If Robb is back, he has to have his direwolf.

I like a lot of the picks other people have made, but these are my top three. While Ned was my first thought, the story doesn't even really get started until he's killed so I figure he should stay dead. Besides, I'm pretty sure his ghost is going to be communicating with comatose Jon in TWoW. Don't want to jeopardize that scene.

#1 - Oberyn Martell. FAR too cool a character to have killed off so soon after being introduced to the reader.

What the HELL was GRR Martin thinking?

#2 - Renly Baratheon. His death by shadow demon is/was the biggest* asspull of the series, a low point for GRR Martin's writing, and a disaster for the realm, especially the Starks. The resultant complication of the plot extended the series by at least one, perhaps two full novels.

#3 - Rodrick Cassell. Mostly because his death and the Sack of Winterfell are of a piece. If Ser Rodrick lives, Winterfell still stands.

* - (OK, maybe the second biggest asspull of the series. Still, way up there.)

Robb Stark- Let him have his own vengeance. No more Mr nice guy, Winter is coming for all those who have wronged him. The Young Wolf will become a true King of Winter.

(Also, it saddens me that he won't have a part to play in the Long Night 2.0, alongside Jon and leading the North)

Oberyn- His reaction to the Blackfyre pretenders would be good, they are taken advantage of his nephews death and screwing with his House.

Maester Aemon- A wise Targaryen is a rare thing.

honourable mention-

Lyanna Stark- Jon needs a mum, seriously he is so emo. :P Arya and Lyanna would be interesting together too.

Archived