What would YOU have done? (Pick a decision you dislike in the story and change it)

Lord Defiance

If i were Dany i would have married zaxsos(one of the 13) and still given up a dragon. She then would still train said dragon with the others.

Long con him by having a few slaves get injured during training while assuring to have them get better. Have him die from a training "accident". Get all of his wealth, still grab some unsullied with the dragon false trade bit they are larger now and more tempting. Now she has the coin from zaro to pay sellswords, more trained unsullied, three partially grown dragons, and the time to be gain the tutelage of Bariston selmy in war fighting. Also everyone trying to find her has the ability to link up with her.

- If I was Ned, I wouldn't have given Cersei any ultimatum. Also, I wouldn't have hidden the truth from dying Robert, it's hard and all but, come on, you don't hide the truth from a dying man.

- If I was Jon I would have killed Igritte since the first time (It ended up saving his life, since she stood for him when he was caught, but it was still stupid).

- If I was Edmure I would have told Robb to fuck off (The dude acts irresponsibly, then tries to guilt his uncle into marrying a frey he doesn't even know. Scumbag Robb).

- If I was Arya I would have named other people to be killed.

- If I was Robb I would have sent Catelyn to the dungeons. (Seriously! That's high treason! Sansa and Arya are better than the thousands involved in the war that could have benefited from a better deal with Jaime?). But when it's the Karstark, the idiot suddenly becomes a man of honor and has to put him to the sword. I say hypocrite.

I would have had Robb make peace with the Lannisters after capturing Jaime by swapping the twin with his sister, marriage between Sansa and Lancel, and the return of Arya when she was found.

If I could do it over again, I would have ducked more - I think Bran's suffering some brain damage.

Seriously, though, if I were Robb, I would have listened to my advisors a lot more. I'd have nipped the relationship with Jeyne Westerling in the bud instead of marrying her, I wouldn't have sent my father's insurance plan against Ironborn rebellion off to negotiate with said rebels, I would have buried the Lannister boys in secret and put Lord Karstark in the vanguard of the assault on Casterly Rock, where he'd most likely die in battle, only revealing that the squires had been killed once I had secured the Lannister castle as a negotiating chip for the release of my sisters. Finally, I'd have had another loyal Riverlands lord build another fucking bridge over that damn river so everyone could effectively give Walder Frey the finger from now on.

You read my mind about the Karstark thing and Jeyne.He would have being KIng of the North and Riverrun

- If I was Ned, I wouldn't have given Cersei any ultimatum. Also, I wouldn't have hidden the truth from dying Robert, it's hard and all but, come on, you don't hide the truth from a dying man.

- If I was Jon I would have killed Igritte since the first time (It ended up saving his life, since she stood for him when he was caught, but it was still stupid).

- If I was Edmure I would have told Robb to fuck off (The dude acts irresponsibly, then tries to guilt his uncle into marrying a frey he doesn't even know. Scumbag Robb).

- If I was Arya I would have named other people to be killed.

- If I was Robb I would have sent Catelyn to the dungeons. (Seriously! That's high treason! Sansa and Arya are better than the thousands involved in the war that could have benefited from a better deal with Jaime?). But when it's the Karstark, the idiot suddenly becomes a man of honor and has to put him to the sword. I say hypocrite.

Robb died because of his folly. He was more of a son than a king.

If I was Oberyn, I would have killed the mountain without much smalltalk.

That would have defeated his entire purpose in fighting him. Oberyn didn't just want the Mountain dead, he wanted very public justice for his sister.

A lot of these ideas involve characters doing things they just weren't capable of doing. Ned was never not going to warn Cirsei, that's who he was. Jaime was ever going to stay out of Cirsei's pants, or she his, that's who they were. Of course anyone who wasn't Jaime Lannister wouldn't bone his sister and queen, no rational or decent person would ever do that. I would distinguish things like those that were not really choices from genuine mistakes the characters should have known better than to do, like Arya naming insignificant people to be killed or Robb letting himself get suckered into breaking his promise to marry a Frey.

So with that in mind, let's see: If I were Ned, I'd have that talk with Jon about his parentage before both of us left on trips there was a good chance we'd never come back from. (Of course, the reason for that has more to do with the requirements of the novel than with anything Ned was actually thinking.) If I were Tyrion, I'd take more care to disguise myself before wandering around any of the Free Cities, knowing there must be a huge price on my head. If I were Tywin, I'd let Tyrion take the black before holding a trial that was bound to make a laughingstock of my family. If I were Mance Rayder, I'd follow Don Corleone's famous advice and keep Jon Snow on a very short leash.

If I was Ned, I would have gone back to Winterfell as soon as Robert (and Cersei) ordered to kill Lady. With Ned at home, Mance wouldn't have had the chance to attack the Wall, however, Ned would have considered whatever Jon told him about WHY Mance was heading South. And alliance between Ned and Mance could have been achieved much sooner, with Ned's armies intact.

If I was Robb, the moment I called the banners I would have sent an elite group undercover by ship (with the help of the Manderlys?) to Kings Landing, to try to sneak the girls out of town and back to the North. Not sure how that would have worked out though.

If I was Cat, I would have treated Jon much better, and made sure Ned took care of a castle/land/whatever that could be given to Jon, so that he can found his own House, and maybe make a marriage arrangment between Robb's future son and Jon's future daughter (preventing any possible "claim" Jon might press)

In that case, Jon would have stayed at Wf, being a great help with defending the castle against Theon, and helping Bran and Rickon. Even if Theon captured Winterfell, Jon could have escaped together with Bran and Rickon, maybe send word to Robb somehow. Jon would have been a great help even if he went with Robb, like he never trusted Theon, and maybe Robb would have sent him to Balon, and not Theon. Robb greatest mistake was to "let" Winterfell fall. With a strong powerbase at home, the Boltons wouldn't have turned on him.

I wouldn't really change any of the decisions. Butterfly effect and all of that stuff.

In the spirit of some humorous responses here, though: If I were Asha I'd have let Theon hit it before telling him I was his sister.

LOL! LOL!

Winter is Coming

In the book? During or after he held a knife to your throat?

:lol: I just saw this.

I suppose after. I wouldn't really want to travel with a knife to my throat.

Seriously though as a reader I know that while the Hound is a douche bag he did his best to get Arya to her family. So if I were Sansa I would have left with him. As creepy as he is he isn't as creepy as creepy finger Little finger.

This is a neat thread. Here are some of mine:

1) If I were Ned, I would have told Robert about Cersei's incest/affair and had a good laugh at Robert running around the redkeep bashing in the skulls of every Lannister he could find.

2) If I were Robb, I would have done two things differently:

a ) Put Robett Glover in charge of the army not Bolton. I mean everyone knows he's an untrustworthy bastard.

b ) Thanked Jeyne for the sex and went back to the Twins to marry Roslin.

Archived