[Book Spoilers] Possible Blackfish - Stoneheart merge?

Pilusmagnus

I was thinking this since the showrunners have made somehow clear that Stoneheart is unlikely to be in the series. Could we speculate that her role will entirely be assumed by Brynden Tully?

We will unlikely witness the siege of Riverrun, but they could show the interaction between Jaime and Brynden through the Brotherhood witout Banners, which Brynden would have joined while being on the run. I think it would be a good compromise.

showrunners has never said anything like that. They have said to the LS question on EW interview "No Comment" that was it. She is to important to cut. I mean why cut out such a WTF moment from the books that would be idiotic to not have such a big reveal in the show. The also set Brienne's storyline up for LS and BWB as well. OR they would never have featured Thoros and Beric in BWB if she was never to show up. They would just have BWB consist of normal men

I was thinking this since the showrunners have made somehow clear that Stoneheart is unlikely to be in the series. Could we speculate that her role will entirely be assumed by Brynden Tully?

We will unlikely witness the siege of Riverrun, but they could show the interaction between Jaime and Brynden through the Brotherhood witout Banners, which Brynden would have joined while being on the run. I think it would be a good compromise.

It would definitely be a good compromise and is very possible.

It would definitely be a good compromise and is very possible.

No it wouldn't And the showrunners haven't even hinted that LS is not on the show at all. All D and D said was "No comment" to the question about LS

No it wouldn't And the showrunners haven't even hinted that LS is not on the show at all. All D and D said was "No comment" to the question about LS

This and the way Craig Ferguson didn't allow the question about LS to be asked at the San Diego panel makes me think they are still planning or considering to feature LS in the show.

This and the way Craig Ferguson didn't allow the question about LS to be asked at the San Diego panel makes me think they are still planning or considering to feature LS in the show.

that is very interesting indeed. Did they really not allow to have people ask about LS ?

why do that if she was never going to be introduced on the show.

that is very interesting indeed. Did they really not allow to have people ask about LS ?

why do that if she was never going to be introduced on the show.

Because knowing makes some people angry, and not knowing keeps some people talking about the show.

Because knowing makes some people angry, and not knowing keeps some people talking about the show.

This although I think having them shut that down so quickly is the strongest indicator I've heard so far that she might still be in and they don't want the surprise completely spoiled. At this stage, it could go either way and only time will tell.

Why? The Blackfish has to do something. After all, he's still alive and on the run. He may very well be with the BwB in the books as well, for all we know.

1. Because if you want someone to do LS's job, you just make LS do the job.

2. Because not having Catelyn as LS would ruin Jaime's and Brienne's progression.

Whatever decision has been made, it HAS been made already. S5's shooting is underway.

This.

I don't see D&D adding in LSH for the sole purpose of having a WTF moment. We say her role in the books is too important to cut out but is it really? What has she done in the books that is so vital to the story that she HAS to be included? All we've seen her do is hang a few minor Freys and capture Brienne and Pod and come close to hanging them before Brienne speaks her word then is released and supposedly sent on her mission that somehow involves Jamie Lannister. LSH will be in the show IF she is vital to the future of the story. With so much that D&D have to fit in 55 minute episodes, they're not going to waste precious screen time unless it's vital to where the story is headed. And we all like to think we know that she's vital, but in reality, we really don't know. Now, I think she's vital and therefor included because what was the point of spending time on the BWB to just drop them after Arya and the Hound leave, but I don't KNOW that. If she is vital, then she will be included. But D&D shouldn't, and won't, put LSH in just for the purpose of having a WTF moment.

With so much that D&D have to fit in 55 minute episodes, they're not going to waste precious screen time unless it's vital to where the story us headed.

But they are already "wasting time". I mean, there were a lot of unnecessary scenes in season 4, including awkward Missandei/Grey Worm romance, Asha's ridiculous rescue attempt, Craster's Keep and so on. "Wasting" precious screen time on Stoneheart is really not an argument, in my opinion, because they've been wasting time since the beginning, making stuff up, that isn't from the books and doesn't seem to serve any greater purpose.

And another thing that I don't quite get: why is it, that a character like Stoneheart has to contribute in any way to the plot, to earn the privilege to be in the show? I mean, the story is not some thing that the characters have to obey. The characters ARE the story. Catelyn is a main character, a major POV character in the first 3 books even. Even if, worst case scenario here, the Stoneheart arc would lead nowhere and Stoneheart herself was killed in the first chapter of Book 6, she still has the right to be in the show, in my opinion, for the simple reason that she's Catelyn. And it doesn't really matter if she's a popular character or not (by the way, I love Catelyn) - the author decided to make her a main character in his books and thus she deserves to have her entire story told in the show adaptation, imho, not just parts of it.

That would completely cheapen the Red Wedding vengeance plot, turning something creepy and unique (Godly powers at play) into a normal "we want justice" situation. However, I would rather have Blackfish than no RW repercussions.

They've really dropped the ball with the Red Wedding actually being a MASSIVE deal- leaving a stain on the diplomacy of Westeros and lots of people being disgusted/horrified, It just came across as a harsh act of war, nothing more. I wouldn't be surprise if LS is cut and Frey pie too.

I really do hope they address the RW in season 5 (Riverrun arc, Manderly, Lady Stoneheart) and not just sweep it under the carpet as a one of sock factor event. It added more to the plot than that!

I would prefer LS and be disappointed if they replace her with Blackfish but all the same, it could be interesting seeing more Blackfish.

But they are already "wasting time". I mean, there were a lot of unnecessary scenes in season 4, including awkward Missandei/Grey Worm romance, Asha's ridiculous rescue attempt, Craster's Keep and so on. "Wasting" precious screen time on Stoneheart is really not an argument, in my opinion, because they've been wasting time since the beginning, making stuff up, that isn't from the books and doesn't seem to serve any greater purpose.

I agree with you that those scenes unnecessary. My guess, at least with Missandei/Grey Worm subplot, is to make us viewers care about those characters. To feel some kind of emotional connection to these characters that get a lot if screen time. But they are included to contribute to the story in some way. We may not get it, or see it, but they're in there for a reason

As for Lady Stoneheart, there's several reasons why you wouldn't include her if she's not vital to the story. For one thing, the producers, and HBO, aren't going to want to spend money on something that fries not contribute to the story. Whether it be paying Michelle Fairley, or for CGI if they choose to go that route. And CGI is very costly. While the Missandei/Grey Worm subplot may be unnecessary, it's not costing that much extra money since they're using actors that they're paying anyway. That would not be the case with LSH. As for contributing to the story,

Archived