Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Agreed. I can totally see this happening and if the Aegon plot doesn't go anywhere in the books, then this would certainly be a good chance to cut and merge.

The only part I am iffy about is Trystane taking the role of Quentyn, since I am pretty sure the latter's main purpose was to separate Dorne from Daenerys and put them into Aegon's camp. But if Aegon is gone as an element of the story, that part is not really necessary. If anything, they might have Daenerys join with Dorne to crush the Lannisters (who would remain in power far longer than is the case in the books due to how much Benioff and Weiss like the characters and want to keep them at the forefront of the show).

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I never thought they could cut Quentyn AND Arianne. I like Quentyn, but thought that he could be cut in case he is not significantly important in the story, but Arianne? No way. In the video, GRRM chooses the example "How many children do Scarlett O'Hara have?" Three in the book and one the movie. Could that be a straight analogy to Doran's children?

Actually it's a direct reference to Cersei, and one he's used before. In the book she has had 4 children. The first died. That was omitted in the show.

Actually it's a direct reference to Cersei, and one he's used before. In the book she has had 4 children. The first died. That was omitted in the show.

You've mixed it up. On the show she has 4 children, one that died. In the books, she aborted her first pregnancy and only bore 3 children.

@Faint

You're a god, never forget that

The only part I am iffy about is Trystane taking the role of Quentyn, since I am pretty sure the latter's main purpose was to separate Dorne from Daenerys and put them into Aegon's camp. But if Aegon is gone as an element of the story, that part is not really necessary. If anything, they might have Daenerys join with Dorne to crush the Lannisters (who would remain in power far longer than is the case in the books due to how much Benioff and Weiss like the characters and want to keep them at the forefront of the show).

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Well if QM actually lives (dumb plot twits, but Drink could be a fucking lair), then your theory works greatly.

Agreed. Trystane is Loras 2.0. Merge all the siblings into one. And I agree with Faint that this is most likely what's going to happen:

I dare to ask, how could they make it work? Unlike Tyrell brothers who love each other, there are deep conflict among Martel's Children, and That is the reason of Trystane Martell's conspriacy, now how they made this work if Trystane Martell no longer exist?

I dare to ask, how could they make it work? Unlike Tyrell brothers who love each other, there are deep conflict among Martel's Children, and That is the reason of Trystane Martell's conspriacy, now how they made this work if Trystane Martell no longer exist?

Wrong brother. I demand chicken as penance!

Penny hasn't been cast, either!

The first good news I've heard from DnD's casting decisions. Tyrion doesn't need Penny since he is not depressed over the fact that the only person who he trusted, betrayed him. Since him and Jaime are buddy-buddy (poor Show Tysha), they could easily have him meeting Jaime again as his motivation for living.

I don't mind so much about Arianne, her character wasn't very interesting for me, yet her omission is worrying for Doran's endgame, because he is a great character that you have to understand and if his arc is just a reaction to Oberyn's death, it makes him so much weaker.

But now I'm really worried about the Greyjoy brothers. They really get things in motion for a lot of westeros (attacking the reach, provoking Loras' fate, Balon's death fullfilling Stannis' magic). So I think they will become a passing mention like the BwB, something like Mace saying "the ironborn are attacking the reach" and having no consequence about this. Also, having Mance's horn cut might mean that Euron's horn won't make it to the show.

It all seems to just streamline everything for Daenerys to get her dragon and then she will put a fleet out of her ass (possibly the Golden Company) so that the showrunners can keep loving their khaleesi.

I don't mind so much about Arianne, her character wasn't very interesting for me, yet her omission is worrying for Doran's endgame, because he is a great character that you have to understand and if his arc is just a reaction to Oberyn's death, it makes him so much weaker.

But now I'm really worried about the Greyjoy brothers. They really get things in motion for a lot of westeros (attacking the reach, provoking Loras' fate, Balon's death fullfilling Stannis' magic). So I think they will become a passing mention like the BwB, something like Mace saying "the ironborn are attacking the reach" and having no consequence about this. Also, having Mance's horn cut might mean that Euron's horn won't make it to the show.

It all seems to just streamline everything for Daenerys to get her dragon and then she will put a fleet out of her ass (possibly the Golden Company) so that the showrunners can keep loving their khaleesi.

I confident we will get at least one Greyjoy uncle. I agree that we will most likely hear about them through Mace or however at a small council meeting that the Ironborn are attacking The Reach. But I believe the Dragonhorn may be real and would be great to have. It just sounds way to good for GoT world so Dany just to gets a khalasar, sellsword companies, ships, and three dragons and off to Westeros. I think one of her dragons will be stolen by Euron.

Archived