No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

I agree, if Arianne and Aegon were appearing SOMEBODY would be cast already.

I know it won't happen, but I can at least hope. That we just see their back or someone (maybe Doran) talk about a marriage pact between Arianne and Aegon. So the Tv people know who they are and then over the summer they are cast for season 6. We get teh Greyjoys as well.

Even typing that I realise its delusional.

• 3 weeks later...

Arianne was written out because her role was replaced with Ellaria Sand. I guess the producers thought viewers would be too stupid to differentiate between the two.

Ellaria's the new central character, but she's not following Arianne's plot. More like the producers thought it's too much too ask for the Dornish characters to have any motivation beyond revenge for S4 fan favorite Oberyn.

More like the producers thought it's too much too ask for the Dornish characters to have any motivation beyond revenge for S4 fan favorite Oberyn.

The producers are right

My none book reader brother told me this after watching episode 1 of season 5

"I hope the Martells get revenge for Oberyn's death"

So Its clear that some show watchers just want to see the Martells doing everything they can to get revenge for Oberyn lol

The producers are right

My none book reader brother told me this after watching episode 1 of season 5

"I hope the Martells get revenge for Oberyn's death"

So Its clear that some show watchers just want to see the Martells doing everything they can to get revenge for Oberyn lol

I'm with them. I don't really care what's going on with Dorne beyond their desire to wage war with the Lannisters, so I'm fine with Arianne and the others being merged into new characters. Kinda disappointed with the Sand Snakes though.

• 1 month later...

D&D said they didn't like the Dorne storyline and only added Dorne to the show to try to appease book readers. That they dislike Dorne really shows because they completely changed the story line.

Well in their defense Dorne was completely pontless in the books. However I think they should not just have thrown some scenes in Dorne in there to appease anybody. Especially such bad scenes.

Still hoping they'll introduce her like they did Shireen in season 3 (to be honest, there was actually more evidence in the script pointing to Shireen's inexistence than to Arianne's). And that Aegon's introduction was delayed so that there wouldn't be too many pretenders to the Iron Throne at the same time (which would be why they killed Stannis (and possibly Myrcella) early).

I hope this season's plot in Dorne served mostly as an introduction to the region, and that we're far from done with it (that would be a disappointment, and a total waste of Alexander Siddig's great talent - he totally nailed Doran).

Am I the only one to think that Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Tyene Sand) is actually a pretty good actress and would have made a great Arianne?

Still hoping they'll introduce her like they did Shireen in season 3 (to be honest, there was actually more evidence in the script pointing to Shireen's inexistence than to Arianne's). And that Aegon's introduction was delayed so that there wouldn't be too many pretenders to the Iron Throne at the same time (which would be why they killed Stannis (and possibly Myrcella) early).

I hope this season's plot in Dorne served mostly as an introduction to the region, and that we're far from done with it (that would be a disappointment, and a total waste of Alexander Siddig's great talent - he totally nailed Doran).

Am I the only one to think that Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Tyene Sand) is actually a pretty good actress and would have made a great Arianne?

You may possibly be the only one. I don't think she would be quite right for Arianne anyway.

Regardless, she may well do much better with better material to work with. It's hard to tell when her material was as bad as that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

D&D said they didn't like the Dorne storyline and only added Dorne to the show to try to appease book readers. That they dislike Dorne really shows because they completely changed the story line.

When have D&D publicly stated they don't like Dorne? Dan Weiss from EW:

We were so happy to be able to include it. We didn’t know if it would fit, to be honest—because of budgeting, scheduling and story reasons. There were a lot of ways we had to cram it in. But it’s such an important place. Of all the places in Westeros you’d ever want to live, the Dornish seem to have figured out the right approach to life. It’s the one most aligned with what our approach to life would be if we weren’t making this show. It’s our Brazil—we dream of Dorne and the way they do things down there. And Indira Varma [who was introduced as Ellaria Sand last season]—once you have someone of her caliber, you want to double down on that casting strength. Also the Sand Snakes are such a fun, exciting addition to that world. [Prince Oberyn Martell] opened up a tiny window into this world last season, and now you get to go through that window and see what kind of world this is that made this person we loved so much.

Archived