No Arianne Martell?

lyannaisalive

Which is why I don't think they're going to include Quentyn's story. Trystane is most likely going to inherit Dorne in the books and therefore is the heir on the show.

Honestly, I do not think, that the writers only omit characters, because GRRM tells them, they will not be important in the end. GRRM even told the press, that D and D have written themselves into a corner by omitting the two elder Tyrell brothers.

Honestly, I do not think, that the writers only omit characters, because GRRM tells them, they will not be important in the end. GRRM even told the press, that D and D have written themselves into a corner by omitting the two elder Tyrell brothers.

Actually Grrm mentions the butterfly effect a lot. He says that D&D have killed off characters that are still alive in the books. However, it's looking like the characters they've killed that are still alive in the books are either killed later or have no impact on major plots. I think we can all say that is the case with Quentyn. As for the Tyrell brothers, Grrm has said they will play a roll later and we can assume it doesn't impact much or that their role will be given to Loras. D&D are streamlining.

It is not this single incident, but the SUM of all, that has people upset (Doran's mother, Lady Stokeworth, Lady Blackmont, etc.)

Dorne is shown as a place, where women rule in their own right and yet we have yet to meet (or even see or hear about) ANY Dornish woman being in power.

And it is not, as if explaining the oddity of Dornish inheritance law will cost a lot of time. A single sentence from Oberyn Martell last season and the matter would be fixed.

If they are going to have the crown-Myrcella-as-queen-plot in the next season, they will have to explain it anyway, as only the difference in the laws between Dorne and the rest of Westeros regarding inheritances makes it possible.

Regarding the non-Dornish characters such as Lady Stokeworth: They have certainly established, that women can rule a house in their own right, if there are no male heirs available (Tyrion marries Sansa, because he wants to rule the North, Bronn marries Lollys to rule Stokeworth), so they do not have to explain that women can rule.

Most people complaining about the decisions to exchange ruling women with men including me have never and will never adapt a script. But they find it strange, that the writers even bother to change these things, because they are so minor.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

So, now that is finally confirmed, it's safe to say that D&D are both utterly clueless.

To not have Arianne and yet have the 3 sand snakes makes is a decision that holds no logic..AT ALL. Farcical. You are excluding the second most important character in Dorne in favour of including characters that are not as important or as complex.

I guess we'll have to do with a hollywood style romance between Trys and Myrcella now :bang:

I guess we'll have to do with a hollywood style romance between Trys and Myrcella now :bang:

I'm already getting ready to hold back vomit when they do a scene of Trystane visiting Myrcella after she's got her wound, telling her she has a shit memory and that he loves her no matter what :ack:

I'm already getting ready to hold back vomit when they do a scene of Trystane visiting Myrcella after she's got her wound, telling her she has a shit memory and that he loves her no matter what :ack:

If the transcripts are anything to go by, we might have a scenario where Trys and Myrcella want to marry and Doran refuses. :ack:

I can't think of anything worse and I thought the Ramsay-Yara scene was terrible

I like that they're changing up the Dornish plot line. I think it'll make things more interesting. Elevating the Sand Snakes opens up all sorts of possibilities. Personally, I hope they skip the Queenmaker plot altogether.

So, now that is finally confirmed, it's safe to say that D&D are both utterly clueless.

To not have Arianne and yet have the 3 sand snakes makes is a decision that holds no logic..AT ALL. Farcical. You are excluding the second most important character in Dorne in favour of including characters that are not as important or as complex.

Confirmed as in she wasn't cast? Or confirmed as in there was a press release or something I missed..? Hoping beyond hope they just legit confirmed she wasn't gonna be in it so I can give up this little sliver of hope I still have that she'll still be in it, which is absolutely exhausting.

I agree with everything you're saying, though. Can't wait to see that sweet, in-depth, and complex teenage love!

Since there is no Arianne I hope they skip it too, I don't think it would work as well without her. But without her they may make Forne just as interesting, or hopefully more so! I'm interested to see what Doran's great plan is now he only has one child

An EXTREMELY good question.

I've already given my thoughts in other threads so I'd just like to express agreement with all the other people on here saying it's stupid. It doesn't make any sense and is the most disgusting change made so far. So I'm just going to go cry in a corner.

Confirmed as in she wasn't cast? Or confirmed as in there was a press release or something I missed..? Hoping beyond hope they just legit confirmed she wasn't gonna be in it so I can give up this little sliver of hope I still have that she'll still be in it, which is absolutely exhausting.

I agree with everything you're saying, though. Can't wait to see that sweet, in-depth, and complex teenage love!

An EXTREMELY good question.

Well they have confirmed Trys as Doran's heir so I doubt she is in. She's not in....that's the ugly truth :frown5:

I said in the casting thread but the only two things we see Doran do in the books is a)Send Quentyn to Dany and b. Send Arianne. And they've ignored both Arianne and Quentyn! Doran becomes a pointless character.

Sigh....I'd love to know their thought process while making this decision, if there was one that is.

Well they have confirmed Trys as Doran's heir so I doubt she is in. She's not in....that's the ugly truth :frown5:

I said in the casting thread but the only two things we see Doran do in the books is a)Send Quentyn to Dany and b. Send Arianne. And they've ignored both Arianne and Quentyn! Doran becomes a pointless character.

Sigh....I'd love to know their thought process while making this decision, if there was one that is.

Yeah that's what I thought. It's a tough pill to swallow but that's the way it looks :(

I agree with what you're saying about Doran too. It makes absolutely no sense! I've started a dedicated thread to the topic on the GoT forum for the implications of this decision on Doran's plans, just has to be approved by the mods, and I can't wait to see what people think.

As to Trystane being his heir...remember they changed the succession before Doran by having his father rule before him instead of his mother. Could be they thought the audience would have trouble with the fact that Dorne does things differently. In which case they should give the audience more credit. And there should be a way to add a line about those crazy Dornish letting women rule. Walder Frey or Roose Bolton could easily deliver that line.

As to Trystane being his heir...remember they changed the succession before Doran by having his father rule before him instead of his mother. Could be they thought the audience would have trouble with the fact that Dorne does things differently. In which case they should give the audience more credit. And there should be a way to add a line about those crazy Dornish letting women rule. Walder Frey or Roose Bolton could easily deliver that line.

I think D&D are really convinced the audience are idiots

Naming Asha Yara because we already had an Osha

Changing the battle of the Fords to something involving Gregor Clegane

Making the Freys Lord Paramount of the Trident (like seriously, WTF?)

Now this shit, come on man!

I think D&D are really convinced the audience are idiots

Naming Asha Yara because we already had an Osha

Changing the battle of the Fords to something involving Gregor Clegane

Making the Freys Lord Paramount of the Trident (like seriously, WTF?)

Now this shit, come on man!

You left out that hilariously shit scene involving Yara and Ramsay. wtf was that all about?

At this point I think we all have to realize that the book is different than the show. And I don't think we should complain about all these changes, there could be many reasons such as the budget they have. Lets not forget, magic and dragons are going to play a bigger role so the budget is going to get tighter, plus more locations and more characters. Making a show from a book isn't so easy.

Archived