[Book spoilers] Whats the big event going to be in S05E09?

Bettley

Stannis has had the most big battles so far. I like the guy enough but we need somebody else. I suspect the riverlands story is going to be cut. So we have KL, the Wall, Dorne, and Meereen plus whatever Tyrion is doing. I wonder if they will skip the young griff. Have they announced if Kevan will be back?

No not yet, but I'm sure Kevan and Lancel will make a return, otherwise it will be only Cersei and Maragery fighting while Bronn just sits there drinking wine. Not really Mace is there and so is Qyburn performing his experiments on the mountain, but still the main focus will move to the north in Season 5 rather than King's Landing.

No not yet, but I'm sure Kevan and Lancel will make a return, otherwise it will be only Cersei and Maragery fighting while Bronn just sits there drinking wine. Not really Mace is there and so is Qyburn performing his experiments on the mountain, but still the main focus will move to the north in Season 5 rather than King's Landing.

Bronn from all indications will wind up in Dorne with Jaime. Even if/when he does return to KL, you can be sure that he won't be in any scenes with Cersei, since the actors have a history and can't stand each other. I'm guessing that Bronn's being dispatched to Dorne in part to ensure that Bronn is kept out of Cersei's orbit, since Cersei will now be anchoring the KL storyline.

I hope so. I don't mind KL but all the political parties that matter are in the North. With Tywin dead ( I will miss Charles Dance) the only intelligent left in the show there is.... well... Marg? SO I hope Kevan shows up.

Bronn from all indications will wind up in Dorne with Jaime. Even if/when he does return to KL, you can be sure that he won't be in any scenes with Cersei, since the actors have a history and can't stand each other. I'm guessing that Bronn's being dispatched to Dorne in part to ensure that Bronn is kept out of Cersei's orbit, since Cersei will now be anchoring the KL storyline.

Wait what?

Maybe Daznak's Pit will be the last scene of Episode 8 and the Battle of Meereen in Episode 9 with Dany meeting the Khalasar in Episode 10

Something like that would make me happy. Maybe not Dany meeting Khalasar, maybe just Dany hanging out with Drogon and her hat.

Bronn from all indications will wind up in Dorne with Jaime. Even if/when he does return to KL, you can be sure that he won't be in any scenes with Cersei, since the actors have a history and can't stand each other.

Your saying Lena and Jerome don't get along, never heard that.

I really hope they're in solid Winds territory by S5E09. Meaning it could have either of the epic final battles that GRRM so wisely left out of Dance.

Yes, I think that Feast and Dance together are about 8 episodes of content.

If they were going to include the Battle of Fire, I'm sure it would have been rumoured by now, like most of the other major plot points have been.

Most likely they decided it was too expensive and have changed the storyline so it can be concluded without a significant battle - hence minimising the threat of Yunkai, eliminating Qarth, and retaining the Meereenese fleet.

Wouldn't the Battle of Fire be next season though? Daznak's Pit seems like it will be the big moment in Meereen this season, so that leaves room for the battle early in s6.

With only two seasons left, why assume they're going to spend money on an expensive battle that they've already started to write around? And it's also very unlikely that a battle of that scale will take place early in the season based on logistics alone.

More likely, they'll save the budget for a big battle in Westeros. If it's the penultimate season, it'll probably be the most important battle in the game of thrones, with the final season being devoted to the war against the white walkers.

I'll join the consensus with Daznak's pit. I suspect (tinfoil ahead) that the way Yezzan's casting was announced means his character will be heavily altered (long story short, he assumes the role of Illyrio, the Shavepate as a foil to Hizdahr, brings the golden company to the siege seemingly on the yunkish (but really his personal) side and all but convinces Dany to take the GC, tyrion, grif etc and invade westeros. I suspect he bites it at the pit turning the apparent plot upsidedown. I think that D&D will try to make Yezzan season 5's Oberyn.

I don't think Yezzan will be as prominent as you and others are suggesting. They've changed him to be Meereenese instead of Yunkai (which as PatrickStormborn asserts above, hints that the battle of fire will be either omitted or scaled back), so I imagine we'll first see him being a prick to Dany and then see him being a prick to Tyrion. Then he'll die in a crowd-pleasing way. There's no reason to believe he'll be anything other than a Krazyns 2.0.

They will not cut the battle of fire, it is going to be a pretty major event, it can easily happen early in season 6. the big question hanging over the storyline is what will happen with the greyjoy element. Will a greyjoy uncle be journeying their is the big question.

Jon's stabbing Is going to be tricky. They could save it as a whammy for episode ten, but there's no way his resurrection would be kept under wraps until season six. Or, we could get Jon's stabbing in episode nine with Daznak's Pit in Dany's storyline. Then in episode ten, whatever must needs happen for Jon's rebirth.

If they extended the series to 8 seasons, would any of you be opposed to having the Battle of Winterfell (among other things) in episode nine and have Daznak's Pit essentially end the season in episode 10. THEN, in season 6, we introduce the Greyjoy uncles (Just Vic and Euron) and have Victarion set sail for Meereen, all the while having Dany with Drogon and the Dothraki in the early episodes of the 6th season.

Sometime late in season 6, we'd have the Battle for Meereen with Victarion and Dany arriving at roughly the same time.

Too much?

With only two seasons left, why assume they're going to spend money on an expensive battle that they've already started to write around? And it's also very unlikely that a battle of that scale will take place early in the season based on logistics alone.

More likely, they'll save the budget for a big battle in Westeros. If it's the penultimate season, it'll probably be the most important battle in the game of thrones, with the final season being devoted to the war against the white walkers.

It's a damn shame because daenerys needs a battle. All the big families have had one. Since yesterday it looks they cut griff so no dwd

I really hope that by the end of season 5, the show has caught up with where the books are at in the end of ADWD. If not AHEAD of that. After season 5, they have 2 seasons for 2 books. No way can they sit on whether or not Jon is dead for a whole year. Books can do that, but a secret like that on a show that hundreds of people work on? Like they can keep Kit Harrington's casting for season 6 a secret? just deal with it and show us the outcome. Even if it is to do Jon's version of Dany's firepit scene in AGOT with the birth of her dragons, where he gets a big mystical rebirth would be an amazing way to end episode 10.

I would be fine with them doing another battle off screen to depict the battle of Mereen. They've done it more than once, and it's the battle I'm least interested in. "Whew! What a tough battle THAT was!" as they show the city in ruins as Dany's entourage gets outta Dodge.

That said, I'm not even sold on them using the now formulaic episode 9 shocker in season 5.

I really hope that by the end of season 5, the show has caught up with where the books are at in the end of ADWD. If not AHEAD of that. After season 5, they have 2 seasons for 2 books. No way can they sit on whether or not Jon is dead for a whole year. Books can do that, but a secret like that on a show that hundreds of people work on? Like they can keep Kit Harrington's casting for season 6 a secret? just deal with it and show us the outcome. Even if it is to do Jon's version of Dany's firepit scene in AGOT with the birth of her dragons, where he gets a big mystical rebirth would be an amazing way to end episode 10.

I would be fine with them doing another battle off screen to depict the battle of Mereen. They've done it more than once, and it's the battle I'm least interested in. "Whew! What a tough battle THAT was!" as they show the city in ruins as Dany's entourage gets outta Dodge.

That said, I'm not even sold on them using the now formulaic episode 9 shocker in season 5.

I wish that for Season 7, HBO gives Game of Thrones 12 Episodes to conclude it's final season. And the show is going ahead of where the books are with Sansa and Bran's storyline most likely. So we will already be in Winds of Winter for some storylines, by the end of Season 5.

I wish that for Season 7, HBO gives Game of Thrones 12 Episodes to conclude it's final season. And the show is going ahead of where the books are with Sansa and Bran's storyline most likely. So we will already be in Winds of Winter for some storylines, by the end of Season 5.

I agree about the season 7 thing. Go for broke and add a couple of episodes if they can handle it. Or at least give us episodes that are REALLY an hour long and not 50 minutes.

Once you cut all the dead weight of Brienne and Tyrion's endless traveling in AFFC, and if they are streamlining the new characters and subplots like it looks like they will, I see no reason to be dwelling on ANYTHING pre TWOW once season 6 starts.

Archived