GRRM Not Writing for Season 5

Westeros

Tyrion would do well as a steward, there aren't many educated and well-read men at the Wall. Sure, Slynt hated him, but Jon would be his friend, and he also got along well with Maester Aemon, and pretty much everyone but Alliser Thorne. But Jon was hated by Thorne and Slynt and he became LC. If Sam could survive with Jon's help, surely Tyrion could survive, too. Unless he made sure to mouth off and alienate everyone, the only danger would be if there was an organized conspiracy to kill him, for instance if Cersei managed to send someone as she planned to send Kettleblack for Jon.

Exactly. And given the choice between the Wall and death, the Tyrion I know would choose the Wall, regardless of whatever perceived threat there was.

Jaime: Give me a good clean death any day.

Tyrion: Not me dear brother, death is so final, while life, life is full of possibilities.

And there are plenty of interesting, thought provoking, engaging storylines available in AFFC and ADWD, if the material were given to people with any interest in adapting it faithfully.

Archived