GRRM Not Writing for Season 5

Westeros

I think you answered your own question here. i think he had a vision of what the show may be and he is disappointed. Was it realistic for him to assume everything will make it, no, but as an author he has the right to be a bit disenchanted.

No, I didn't answer my question but perhaps you just did. I've been assuming you and now Protar were saying he decided to distance himself because the show was bad not because he was disappointed at their editing. Those are really different and lead to different actions and conclusions.

No, I didn't answer my question but perhaps you just did. I've been assuming you and now Protar were saying he decided to distance himself because the show was bad not because he was disappointed at their editing. Those are really different and lead to different actions and conclusions.

I wouldn't say the show is bad, the writing on the other hand...I think the differences disappoint him, hence the growing discontent.

Why do you think that?

Baseless speculation. I wouldn't be surprised that if George loses a couple pounds people here will knowingly proclaim that he is starving and in a lot of pain because he can't stand what D&D are doing to his baby. Of course, if he gains a few pounds, it'll be because he's eating himself to death for the same reason. :wacko:

I wouldn't say the show is bad, the writing on the other hand...I think the differences disappoint him, hence the growing discontent.

If he was done with the Winds of Winter and only had a year left to finish A Dream of Spring.... My bet is that there would be no issues between D&D and GRRM.

This is an issue of him getting passed in finishing the story first.

If he was done with the Winds of Winter and only had a year left to finish A Dream of Spring.... My bet is that there would be no issues between D&D and GRRM.

This is an issue of him getting passed in finishing the story first.

I'm not sure about that, but then again I didn't read what George thought of some stuff that surpassed the books, like that Walkers scene in s4 so I really don't know enough to comment if it's about the show ending sooner than book series

I'm not sure about that, but then again I didn't read what George thought of some stuff that surpassed the books, like that Walkers scene in s4 so I really don't know enough to comment if it's about the show ending sooner than book series

I think it is exactly because of scenes like the Walkers and Arya/Mercy that he's skipping out on writing scripts to finish the books.

Does that really "surpass the books"? It was hinted pretty clearly by one of the Craster wives in the books, I think it was in ASOS, that this was the case, she said that the baby's brothers were out there (i.e. as Others) and would come for him. We don't get an Other POV in the books so of course we couldn't see that scene on page.

Does that really "surpass the books"? It was hinted pretty clearly by one of the Craster wives in the books, I think it was in ASOS, that this was the case, she said that the baby's brothers were out there (i.e. as Others) and would come for him. We don't get an Other POV in the books so of course we couldn't see that scene on page.

Hint is not a confirmation. And then there was the whole appearance of the one turning the baby and the fact that the baby was turned. It was new stuff.

The show gave us that reveal before the books will (presumably) but that's not really surpassing, since chronologically that was implied to have been happening for some time.

GrrM not writing an s5 episode is strange, because earlier in the year I think he said he would be writing one. I guess his workload became too great. If it means we get TWOW sooner though, I won't complain.

The show gave us that reveal before the books will (presumably) but that's not really surpassing, since chronologically that was implied to have been happening for some time.

I'm not gonna get into discussion about semantics but when the show gives us a reveal before the book it is surpassing. Same if they confirm Jon's parents next season. Yeah he was born a while back but it's still revealing it before the books.

I don't think his issue is them finishing the story first either way.

So there's no chance the books are finished first? Is there a chance tWoW won't even be finished by Season 7?

There's always a chance. For GRRM finishing his book series before the final season of the tv show airs, the chance is rather small, I'm afraid.

If the sixth book is published in 2015, he still only has two years left to get the seventh out. And he already brought up the possibilty of an 8th one.

As for "Winds of Winter" being published after the first half of 2017, I think that is unlikely, but not impossible.

There's always a chance. For GRRM finishing his book series before the final season of the tv show airs, the chance is rather small, I'm afraid.

If the sixth book is published in 2015, he still only has two years left to get the seventh out. And he already brought up the possibilty of an 8th one.

As for "Winds of Winter" being published after the first half of 2017, I think that is unlikely, but not impossible.

So the end of the story will be revealed on the show first? Isn't that going to really upset the book readers?

So the end of the story will be revealed on the show first? Isn't that going to really upset the book readers?

Some of them plan on not watching the show if it goes beyond the published books.

Not me, for example. I only started reading after season 2 and still really enjoyed the first two books, so I am looking forward for the rest of the show as well as for the rest of the book series. The difference is, I know that in three or four years tops, the TV show will be finished. I expect a much longer wait to get the final book (and am also prepared for the possibility of that not happening at all).

TWOW will be 2016 probably, given what Grrm's editor just said. So it will be out the same year that we see its events on TV. ADOS is the one to really worry about. That fucker might never come out. Regardless unless the show gets an eighth season, we'll see its events in 2017. I think Grrm's accepted that reality.

TWOW will be 2016 probably, given what Grrm's editor just said. So it will be out the same year that we see its events on TV. ADOS is the one to really worry about. That fucker might never come out. Regardless unless the show gets an eighth season, we'll see its events in 2017.

:lmao:

I think it will, but his notion about book 8...no, no :)

Archived