Yezzan's role is very different in the series? [major spoilers]

reddy95

So, the guy playing yezzan does't look like a yellow urinating elephant at all. I think they changed his role in the series and instead of being a slaver, he is actually captain of the second sons(instead of brown Ben). Cause he looks like a cunning warrior instead of just a slaver. Since they did'nt introduce penny, they might cut out the whole part of his journey wheere he becomes a performing dwarf. This is what I think will happen....

Tyrion goes to illyrio with varys. Then tyrion goes to pentos (either with the griffs or some other way) gets abducted by jorah. They sail to mereen and get caught by slavers. The second sons (Yezzan) buy them both and so on.

Yezzan being the replacement of brown ben also helps dany's plotline to move forward. What do you guys think?

Why would a sellsword need a dwarf as a slave?

And why would someone who owns slaves need to be a sellsword?

they might have bought jorah and jorah insisted tyrion be bought as well. In the books jorah is supposed to have served them at some point.

In the books were'nt they bidding for tyrion during the auction?

For him and Penny, because they needed dwarves for entertainment. Nobody is going to be buying Tyrion for his fighting skills and strength.

Plus they might have bought jorah and jorah insisted tyrion be bought as well.

You're really fond of the "let's make everything the exact opposite from what happens in the book"?

Jorah can't insist on anything. Even if he is more sought after than book!Jorah, who wasn't getting any good offers and was going to end up in fighting pits as canon fodder, he would be nothing but a slave with no importance. Tyrion saved Jorah in the book by claiming that he was a part of his and Penny's "Bear and the Maiden Fair" act. That was the only reason they listened to him, because they have lots of sellswords and fighters, but two dwarves who can "entertain" them by riding on pigs and dogs were a prized possession (who gets to be fed to lions in front of an audience of thousands, but they didn't tell them that part in advance).

OK ok, I am sorry my specualtions don't match with our tastes. It's just something I think may happen. I want the series to stay true to the books as much as you do, but that's not gonna happen. SO, i am just being practical in terms of expectations.

OK ok, I am sorry my specualtions don't match with our tastes. It's just something I think may happen. I want the series to stay true to the books as much as you do, but that's not gonna happen. SO, i am just being practical in terms of expectations.

But what you suggest doesn't make sense in itself. Like I said, a sellsword =/= slave owner. Either he's one or the other. If he's rich enough to own slaves, he certainly isn't going to be a sellsword. Furthermore, a sellsword company would have no use for dwarf as a slave, entertainment is not on their list of priorities and they aren't going to be providing that to their clients, either. They may be interested if they know he is Tyrion Lannister, but that would be simple kidnapping, not slavery.

But what you suggest doesn't make sense in itself. Like I said, a sellsword =/= slave owner. Either he's one or the other. If he's rich enough to own slaves, he certainly isn't going to be a sellsword. Furthermore, we would have no use of a dwarf as a slave.

True I did'nt really think it through

Tyrion's time as a slave is likely to be quite different in the show than in the books since he won't be part of Penny's established dwarf show and depressed Tyrion seems unlikely to develop his own dwarf show. So while bookTyrion had value through Penny's act, showTyrion only has value on the basis of his name and literacy. So either he'll be a lower status slave in the show or he'll be bought by somebody that recognizes him and be hardly a slave at all.

Tyrion's time as a slave is likely to be quite different in the show than in the books since he won't be part of Penny's established dwarf show and depressed Tyrion seems unlikely to develop his own dwarf show. So while bookTyrion had value through Penny's act, showTyrion only has value on the basis of his name and literacy. So either he'll be a lower status slave in the show or he'll be bought by somebody that recognizes him and be hardly a slave at all.

reddy's idea is that he is a sellsword. That can't be true because the description says he's a slaver. He can't be both.

And how would an Essosi slaver recognize Tyrion in the first place?

Whether he is part of the second sons or not. I think it is highly likely that he has a much bigger role in tyrion's arc. They announced his casting along with the martells and high septon who are pretty important people.

They've changed him from being Yunkish to Meereenese. So we'll likely see him being a dick to Dany and then later being a dick to Tyrion and Jorah. So the viewers will REALLY want him dead, which will make it all the more satisfying when he does.

They've changed him from being Yunkish to Meereenese. So we'll likely see him being a dick to Dany and then later being a dick to Tyrion and Jorah. So the viewers will REALLY want him dead, which will make it all the more satisfying when he does.

Most likely they merged the characters of the Yellow Whale and "Nurse".

Most likely they merged the characters of the Yellow Whale and "Nurse".

That sounds interesting, but my thought is that he'll end up being Daenerys's consort and marriage partner to save Meereen. The other guy wasn't introduced in a very interesting way, and wasn't brought back quickly enough. This guy will fight to open the fighting pits, and somewhere along the line will buy Tyrion and Jorah, and etc... Basically completely replace Hizdarh zo Loraq in every way.

I'm mostly basing this on his character appearance, which is a clean cut charming sort of character... but ultimately not Daenerys type at all, as she prefers masculine people.

That sounds interesting, but my thought is that he'll end up being Daenerys's consort and marriage partner to save Meereen. The other guy wasn't introduced in a very interesting way, and wasn't brought back quickly enough. This guy will fight to open the fighting pits, and somewhere along the line will buy Tyrion and Jorah, and etc... Basically completely replace Hizdarh zo Loraq in every way.

I'm mostly basing this on his character appearance, which is a clean cut charming sort of character... but ultimately not Daenerys type at all, as she prefers masculine people.

I don't see them.casting Hizdhar if he is just going to be dropped out after his small scene this season. And why would you replace Hizdhar with Yezzan, if both will exist on the show?

IMO Yezzan is just going to be a mash up of a variety of SB characters. Depending on where he is I see it going two ways:

1) Inside Meereen: the Shavepate, Reznak, maybe the Green Grace. I know in the books they are all very different but it doesnt seem likely we are getting any of them on the show. Yezzan could be a mash up of them all

2) With the Yunkish - the Yunkish Supreme Commander perhaps? who would likely be a mix of all the Slavers. And Nurse

Archived