How will Jon 'survve' the stabbing

Attitude

First of all, I assume that Jon will somehow survive (or return) as a person. I think his character has a major role in the series so the theories about him living in ghost don't make sense to me. For this thread I would like to assume he comes back alive / survives as a person.

Now, what many people assume is that melisandra will resurrect Jon, just like Thoros of Myr did with Beric. But in that case, Jon would lose his personality and it would change him as a person. Now this could be a good thing for the story, because it might make him KotN in the future, but I don't like him changing personality to be honest. If we take UnCat for example, I prefer UnCat above Cat, but that's a different story.

Anyway, I myself hope that he will just survive the stabbing somehow and stays at the wall to fight the others as LC of the NW. What are your thoughts?

edit: Topic title should be 'survive', not survve.

I agree with you. I don't like him becoming a fire zombie. I hope he will survive.

In GoT, one of the reasons 3EC gives Bran to wake him up is the vision of Jon in the wall, with every memory of warmth going away from him. Jon losing memory of warmth makes me think his revival or rescue will involve ice magic of Val, BR, Bran or even the Others, rather than fore magic of Melisandre.

I hope that, if that dream is true (quite likely since bran = greenseer), that it happened something like: Jon got stabbed, in the last moment someone stopped the stabbing, Jon get's healed, but because the NW has no loyalty to him anymore and for the time they put him in the ice cage. This is the point that Bran has had a dream about. And GRRM will have a way to bring Jon back bigtime then.

I hope that, if that dream is true (quite likely since bran = greenseer), that it happened something like: Jon got stabbed, in the last moment someone stopped the stabbing, Jon get's healed, but because the NW has no loyalty to him anymore and for the time they put him in the ice cage. This is the point that Bran has had a dream about. And GRRM will have a way to bring Jon back bigtime then.

I sincerely doubt that the n-thousand wildlings that just swore total personal loyalty to Jon would be cool with the m-hundred nightswatchmen putting Jon in a cage and that the wildlings wouldn't have the means to do something about it...

I sincerely doubt that the n-thousand wildlings that just swore total personal loyalty to Jon would be cool with the m-hundred nightswatchmen putting Jon in a cage and that the wildlings wouldn't have the means to do something about it...

Makes sense. But I don't see the dream coming true in a different way. Except if the dream was like Jojen's, which you can't take literally.

Now I do think he will have to wait for his body to be healed before he can go back into his own body. How this will happen is anyone's guess. I do think Bran's dream of seeing "his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as memory of all warmth fled from him" gives some hints. He will be out of his body for a while, probably long enough for some to think he is in fact dead. However, Jon dying now does not feel like the natural ending of his story in the way the deaths of Ned and Robb did. I think he will come back, but it will be thanks to whatever magic the wildlings have as opposed to Melisandre's magic. Bran's dream of warmth fleeing from Jon, I believe, has a double meaning. One, that he is seemingly dead. Two, that the magic needed to bring him back is magic of the North.

I'm also in the camp that believes Jon will temporarily warg his consciousness to Ghost. The prologue with 6-skins and Bran's dream seems to be solid evidence that a.) it's possible and b.) likely.

Interesting topic on his resurrection though... When the third blade went in between his shoulder blades (sounds like a killing stroke to me), I thought for sure he was done for. I'd like to see Bran/Bloodraven get involved in the resurrection process but at the same time, I'm not convinced that Bloodraven is a good guy and think he may exploit that for an alternate motive. Melisandre seems the likely choice to me but that's just my $.02.

Bloodraven was warging Mormonts Raven and was trying to warn Jon of the danger. Why would he do that if he was a 'bad guy'?

I wanna see Jon as a Wight and join the Wight Walkers. The Walkers may be the enemy of the living but I don't care. I wanna see Walkers in all those flowery keeps in the South.

I think he survives the initial stabbing by warging into Ghost. The Dance Prologue was there for a reason.

Exactly.

"None of them had been as strong as Varamyr Sixskins, though, not even Haggon, tall and grim with his hands as hard as stone. The hunter died weeping after Varamyr took Greyskin from him, driving him out to claim the beast for his own. No second life for you, old man."

As for how he gets out of Ghost, I'm wondering if LS will sacrifice herself?

In order of likelihood

1) Warg into Ghost

2) be revived by Melisandre--remember, her magic is (in my view) greater than Thoros and greater at the Walll, so Jon might not lose as much as beric did from being revived.

3) Other theories, such as ice magic you proposed.

Of course Jon will survive.

Archived