Ser Jaime Lannister vs Prince Oberyn Martell

OllyS

Jaime at his best with 2 hands, with standard Kigsguard equipment vs Oberyn Martell lightly armoured and equipped with his round shield, helm and spear, NO POISON.

Fight to the death.

Who wins?

Personally I think they're quite well matched in terms of skill etc but I see their personality traits being the difference, think Jaime would be able to get under his skin, and we've seen anger/passion be Oberyn's downfall before.

Neither would win.

Jaime (pre-hand-loss) was supremely confident of his ability, to the point where it becomes Vanity.

Oberyn is equally as skillful, and confident. Anger is his worse enemy.

Vanity and Anger are their weaknesses, ultimately leading to their mutual doom.

I think I'm gonna need clues that they'll both die and how that's possible just because of personality, yeah.

Did you read my thread prior? My comment, which you quote, was an afterthought.

In a head-to-head, I think they'd both lose. Fully fit Jaime versus fully alive Oberyn would be some fight to watch.

Did you read my thread prior? My comment, which you quote, was an afterthought.

In a head-to-head, I think they'd both lose. Fully fit Jaime versus fully alive Oberyn would be some fight to watch.

I did yeah, I thought quoting the second one would be a way of telling you I'd read both rather than the first one. I just don't see how they could both lose...

I did yeah, I thought quoting the second one would be a way of telling you I'd read both rather than the first one. I just don't see how they could both lose...

Well, it could get kind of Gregor-esque on Jaime. Say that Jaime cuts up Oberyn into tiny little bits and Oberyn manages to wound Jaime with his poisonous spear. That would make an end for both of them.

Without poison? I think Jaime wins more often than not. He's noted as being damn fast in his prime so Oberyn wouldn't have that on him but he's still likely taller and stronger than Oberyn based on descriptions and at least as skilled. He's even better at trash talk! That doesn't leave Oberyn with much edge.

With Poison? He still wins more often than not but dies afterward about half the time. He'd be able to win without getting nicked some of the times, but that is not a given.

Jaime. A spear is no match for a good longsword/arming sword against someone as fast as Jaime. Its length becomes a liability at that point, as it would be much easier to parry.

With swords, who knows? We know Oberyn was probably amazing with a sword as well as a spear.

Jamie wins but its close. With poison Oberyn wins. I think Jamie would get under Oberyn's skin by verbally jabbing him about his sister and her children and the Mountain.

Can't you hear Jamie saying

"When you think about what Gregor did to you sister, does it turn you more wishing you were the mountain or your sister?"

Oberyn loses his mind and Jamie kills him

Archived