NFL 2014: Preseason Edition

Jaime L

I'm sure he could command a "back up the trucks" sort of a number, but I get the feeling that guy is a team player who will take a team friendly contract just to benefit the cap. Think you guys have a jewel there.

That's my hope as well.

I think when Andrew Luck signs his next contract he'll become the highest paid QB in football. His mix of track record and future potential is unmatched and there'll be a lot of pressure on him (from his peers, his agent, NFLPA) to set the market. He may try to make it as team friendly as possible around the edges, but this dude is in for a massive payday.

The Class of 2012 all signed only 4 years deals so I expect the heavy negotiation to go down next summer.

So who's excited for some preseason action!

* Tumbleweed Tumbleweed *

That's right, it's "watch your team play while holding your breath about injuries" season! Last year the Redskins lost one starter and two more potential starters in the preseason (which I think screwed up the metrics of "injury luck" for the Redskins, which always came out really good for Washington last year). But the important thing was that last year we went 4-0 in the preseason, providing a true springboard towards a winning season :rolleyes: :bawl: .

But hopefully this year will be better, preseason wise, featuring fewer injuries and more losses. Or wins, whatever, what matters is fewer injuries.

The Class of 2012 all signed only 4 years deals so I expect the heavy negotiation to go down next summer.

So did the class of 2011, except like 2012, there are probably 5th year options for first round picks. It's why Green and company won't be done until next year in most cases while Dalton got done this year.

So did the class of 2011, except like 2012, there are probably 5th year options for first round picks. It's why Green and company won't be done until next year in most cases while Dalton got done this year.

From what I could tell from Spotrac, Luck is a flat UFA after the 4 years are up so I think it pushes up the negotiating window. Some kinda change in how contracts got done between 2011 and 2012.

ETA: NM, I see Indy has a 2016 "club option". So it'll be the year after they likely negotiate in earnest.

So who's excited for some preseason action!

* Tumbleweed Tumbleweed *

That's right, it's "watch your team play while holding your breath about injuries" season! Last year the Redskins lost one starter and two more potential starters in the preseason (which I think screwed up the metrics of "injury luck" for the Redskins, which always came out really good for Washington last year). But the important thing was that last year we went 4-0 in the preseason, providing a true springboard towards a winning season :rolleyes: :bawl: .

But hopefully this year will be better, preseason wise, featuring fewer injuries and more losses. Or wins, whatever, what matters is fewer injuries.

That was with Kirk Cousins...

Who went 0-3 in the regular season, and looked generally less dangerous than an injured Griffin. What's your point?

It was a joke.

C'mon, man. Give me a little more credit than that. :rolleyes:

The big story in New England is that the Pats are letting Ryan Mallett start tonight's pre-season game and will have him play well into the 4th quarter or possibly the whole game. The story is that the Pats are hoping to trade Mallett at some point during the pre-season or actual season and want potential suitors to see as much of him as possible (playing mostly against people who won't make a NFL squad.... even the Jaguars).

Apparently, Belichick has been talking Mallett up and so did MIke Mayock of NFL Media who then, not surprisingly, got an all exclusive interview with Belichick for his story that claimed Mallet looked great. The only problem is that nobody else in the media thinks Mallett looks good... or even decent... a few have compared him to a back-up QB who will never amount to anything in the NFL... in other words, they have aptly described Ryan Mallett.

Here is Mayock's terrible TV interview where he sounded like an idiot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/mayock-pats-ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb

The big story in New England is that the Pats are letting Ryan Mallett start tonight's pre-season game and will have him play well into the 4th quarter or possibly the whole game. The story is that the Pats are hoping to trade Mallett at some point during the pre-season or actual season and want potential suitors to see as much of him as possible (playing mostly against people who won't make a NFL squad.... even the Jaguars).

Apparently, Belichick has been talking Mallett up and so did MIke Mayock of NFL Media who then, not surprisingly, got an all exclusive interview with Belichick for his story that claimed Mallet looked great. The only problem is that nobody else in the media thinks Mallett looks good... or even decent... a few have compared him to a back-up QB who will never amount to anything in the NFL... in other words, they have aptly described Ryan Mallett.

Here is Mayock's terrible TV interview where he sounded like an idiot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/mayock-pats-ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb

Brock Osweiler wishes someone would talk him up. :crying:

HOLY FUCK!

I just listened to the entire interview by Myock. He apparently said that the Patriots' linebacker group may be as good as any in football...."

Okay so....:

49'ers starting LB core: Ahmad Brooks, NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith

Panthers starting LB core: Chase Blackburn, Luke Keuchly, Thomas Davis

Patriots starting LB core: Jamie Collins, Jerod Mayo, Dont'a Hightower

See the resemblance....???? No? Well, that's probably because you are not a moron.

I swear Jamie Collins is a real person; I have seen him play in NFL games; go with me. I also- truth be told- think Jarod Mayo is a very, very good player and his loss to the defense last season was as bad as any injury any team faced.

They are not even in the top 10 in LB squads.

HOLY FUCK!

I just listened to the entire interview by Myock. He apparently said that the Patriots' linebacker group may be as good as any in football...."

Okay so....:

49'ers starting LB core: Ahmad Brooks, NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith

See the resemblance....???? No? Well, that's probably because you are not a moron.

I swear Jamie Collins is a real person; I have seen him play in NFL games; go with me. I also- truth be told- think Jarod Mayo is a very, very good player and his loss to the defense last season was as bad as any injury any team faced.

Collins had that one INT in garbage time vs Luck, and all of a sudden you'd think he was Jesus Fucking Christ by the way the talking heads went crazy over him.

Absolutely insane.

HOLY FUCK!

Okay so....:

Some people are either dumb, or too bias to give a good opinion.

Well, they MAY be as good as any in football. It's possible.

They might be one of the top ten squads in the league. Or, ya know, not. But they might! There's always a chance, man!

Listening to Chip Kelly interviews and stuff makes me all verklempt. From his awesome 'fucking score points' to the Kelly Green movement for Philly to how he views the draft or the preseason depth chart, he's just one of the most quotable coaches ever. And how good was the Pac-12 for a while? Harbaugh, Kelly and Carroll all were coaching against each other for a while.

Archived