Theories behind the direwolf that wreaks havoc in AFFC?

Margalo

Throughout AFFC this mysterious direwolf was mentioned and it was supposedly the leader of a larger pack of many wolves, and I was just wondering what are the theories behind this? Cos I'm pretty sure it says in the first book that the dead mother direwolf with her 6 puppies was the only one south of the wall so I assume it belongs to one of the Starks..?

It is known, the she-wolf will storm the twins from both sides with her pack.

Okay the last bit might not be known but definitely the first bit.

I don't know about that, but I do suspect she's been nippin Forley and his men in their collective behinds. I think Bloodraven is guoding her.

I don't know about that, but I do suspect she's been nippin Forley and his men in their collective behinds. I think Bloodraven is guoding her.

Is it bloodraven or arya? Arya could still recognize a Frey banner/symbol in nymeria's skin. Either are possible but I'm leaning towards arya when she's having her wolf dreams

Is it bloodraven or arya? Arya could still recognize a Frey banner/symbol in nymeria's skin. Either are possible but I'm leaning towards arya when she's having her wolf dreams

But she's not guiding her. I posted this in the Wow, I never noticed that before thread...

This was described the day before Arya had a wolf dream of Nymeria taking down the pursuit from Harrenhal...

It was growing colder, and pale white mists were threading between the pines and blowing across the bare burned flelds.

Arya I, Storm

And then...

She was no little girl in the dream; she was a wolf, huge and powerful, and when she emerged from beneath the trees in front of them and bared her teeth in a low rumbling growl, she could smell the rank stench of fear from horse and man alike. The Lyseni's mount reared and screamed in terror, and the others shouted at one another in mantalk, but before they could act the other wolves came hurtling from the darkness and the rain, a great pack of them, gaunt and wet and silent.

Arya I, Storm

I think Bloodraven was guiding Nymeria...

How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? the riddle ran. A thousand eyes, and one. Some claimed the King's Hand was a student of the dark arts who could change his face, put on the likeness of a one-eyed dog, even turn into a mist. Packs of gaunt gray wolves hunted down his foes, men said, and carrion crows spied for him and whispered secrets in his ear. Most of the tales were only tales, Dunk did not doubt, but no one could doubt that Bloodraven had informers everywhere.

TMK

But she's not guiding her. I posted this in the Wow, I never noticed that before thread...

This was described the day before Arya had a wolf dream of Nymeria taking down the pursuit from Harrenhal...

Arya I, Storm

And then...

Arya I, Storm

I think Bloodraven was guiding Nymeria...

TMK

Ah very nice observations on word usage, I could subscribe to that theory.

Jaime is smarter than he's given credit for though, granted not as smart as tyrion. If he was an npc his intelligence would be at least a 13 which is three points above average, I'd give him a wisdom of 15 tho, regarding all the shit he's seen. The thing about Jaime is that he could care less about politics (until the catelyn stark promise) he just wants to fuck people up with his sword because he is awesome at it. It's not that he's dumb, he just never gave a shit, as long as he gets too keep porkin cersie. (In not defending him, I still hope he dies for pushing bran out the window, but somehow ill think he'll end up written down as a hero for his actions.

Edit: only d&d nerds will understand this

Archived