Saddest moment. E V E R

SerKurt

So many moments. Why do I read this serie, again? It's so sad!

I'm close to my siblings and parents so anything related to family stood out a bit more to me, from the last Jaime/Tyrion exchange to how shook up poor little Rickon is from being abandoned by one family member after the other.

Pretty much anything with Sansa in it is very sad for me. I was pretty mad at Robb for not attempting anything concrete to get her out of King's Landing. Yes, trade Jaime if you must. Organize a commando raid. Bend the f***ing knee if it comes to it, just bring her home! What kind of &?%?& of a big brother are you!? Sheesh, I'm actually choking up right now. Yes, yes, I know, I'd be an awful king if I was in Robb's shoes. I'd still have my sister, though, I promise you that.

"Please, you can have the rat, don't hurt me..."

I actually started crying reading this Theon chapter - don't think that ever happened to me while reading a book...

For me the bit of that Theon chapter that really got me is just slightly below:

Why won’t he just leave me be? I did no wrong, not this time, why won’t they just leave me in the dark? He’d had a rat, a fat one, warm and wriggling...

Even if he had wanted to resist, he did not have the strength. It had been scourged from him, starved from him, flayed from him. When Little Walder pulled him up and Big Walder waved the torch at him to herd him from the cell, he went along as docile as a dog. If he’d had a tail, he would have tucked it down between his legs. If I had a tail, the Bastard would have cut it off.

"Egg, I dreamed that I was old."

If you read the Novellas, you know that Aemon was mocked by every other Targaryen because he was sent to the Citadel. To me that is the second saddest moment.

The first is Jaime's reveal of the KL bombing project, when he is bathing with Brienne at Harrenhal. I literally couldn't hate him for Bran anymore. The guy has been mocked by EVERYONE on all the Seven Kingdoms for being a Kingslayer, when all that he did was save the city from exploding, and stopping Robert from killing the king himself.

For some reason the thing that hit me hardest was Nimble Dick's death, knowing that he died with Brienne never trusting him, even though he was telling the truth. One of my favourite chapters.

That was really sad. And I'm not a big fan of Brienne's chapters, but you go through this one, wondering if this guy's going to turn and then he doesn't. For one thing, it was sad realising just how cynical I'd become about every character. And then there's the fact that he was being honest and he died. I'd describe it as 'quietly heartbreaking'.

So many sad moments I can't pick one. Theon thinking about Robb and the RW got me.

But there were certain chapters in AGoT that made me cry buckets. The worst ones were Arya's and Sansa's. Arya's when she's escaping the Red Keep, particularly the bit where she kicks Desmond, and then when Yoren stops her watching. Sansa's after the execution, the whole chapter. Bran's chapter got me as well.

Also Catelyn's when she believes Bran and Rickon are dead, even though I was pretty sure they were alive. And Sansa's when she builds the snow Winterfell and also when Tyrion tells her about Robb and Catelyn and she cries when he leaves the room.

Ice being melted.

That made me cry so much during the show. Even listening to the music during that scene makes me tear up. It's crushing.

Also, this isn't a moment, exactly...but knowing that Aemon died without ever knowing who Jon was makes me incredibly sad.

"Storm of Swords" I believe it's Arya's penultimate chapter, when they're staying at the little village for a while. Little naive girl of an age with Arya keeps following her around wanting to show Arya her toy soldier. Arya finally takes the toy soldier, rips it up and says now he looks like a real toy soldier. Little girl stopped following her after that.

God that hits me so hard. Nobody dies or is injured or has to say goodbye, but this to me is one of the most affecting scenes in the entire series for its portrayal of just how shell-shocked Arya is. Emotionally brutal.

"Storm of Swords" I believe it's Arya's penultimate chapter, when they're staying at the little village for a while. Little naive girl of an age with Arya keeps following her around wanting to show Arya her toy soldier. Arya finally takes the toy soldier, rips it up and says now he looks like a real toy soldier. Little girl stopped following her after that.

God that hits me so hard. Nobody dies or is injured or has to say goodbye, but this to me is one of the most affecting scenes in the entire series for its portrayal of just how shell-shocked Arya is. Emotionally brutal.

So much this :frown5:

Archived