Saddest moment. E V E R

SerKurt

Worst moment for me was Aemon's death.

Brienne's entire arc of AFFC, especially after Stoneheart accuses her of breaking her vow. My heart crumbled for her.

And Sansa's building of the snow castle, and her private thoughts while in the Eyrie - especially of home, and Jon Snow. Poor kid. :wub:

After knowing what happens, the scene where Bran and Robb are talking I think just after Robb has called the banners, and they talk about taking an adventure to see Jon at the Wall, and Robb cries.

Theon realizing what a mistake he's made taking Winterfell.

Brienne pouring her heart out to the Elder Brother, and the Hound's last speech.

Robb ruining his sword.

Haven't gotten to that part in the books yet, so I don't know if it is the same, but when the Hound was trying to convince Arya to kill him at the end of season 4 and says that he should have rape Sansa during the Battle of Blackwater. It's a horrible thing to wish, but the reason he gave for it broke my heart a bit: "At least I would had one happy memory."

"When the sun has set no candle can replace it..."

"Egg I dream that I was old"

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me "little sister" :crying: :crying: :crying:

Danm Anna why you gottta go for the trifecta of sad girl.........Right in the feels :crying: :bawl:

It does feel a little bit like tearbait, doesn't it?

If was cheesy. It was "oh, I have to kill those people because I want Harry to actually suffer like this is real!". I read the book a few days before publication: it was allegedly leaked and at the same time, there was a "fake version" around, Along with a friend, we read it safely because we actually thought we were reading a bad fanfic :lol:

I will add, as one of my sad moments in the books, when the Hound's wounds are mortifying and he is asking Arya for mercy, and it seems like for a moment they are going to have a 'moment' but it doesn't happen.

Strangely, I also felt sad for Tywin on a couple occasions. The one that stands out in my mind is when he tells Jaime that he is no longer his son.

“A daughter.” Brienne’s eyes filled with tears. “He deserves that. A daughter who could sing to him and grace his hall and bear him grandsons. He deserves a son too, a strong and gallant son to bring honor to his name. Galladon drowned when I was four and he was eight, though, and Alysanne and Arianne died still in the cradle. I am the only child the gods let him keep. The freakish one, not fit to be a son or daughter.”

Ah, such good writing, what a great character. We have so many shitty/absent parents, Brienne's father is such a rare exception in that he seems like a really decent guy, but that just seems to have made her feel guilty about being such a freak.

"Reek bent to his task", although maybe distressing is a better term than sad.

Overall I'd go for the Red Wedding, although a different moment specifically than anyone else has said. I thought Cat pointlessly killing Jinglebell, one of the only truly innocent Freys, was the saddest moment.

1) Hodor being picked on, as others have mentioned

2) Ned killing Lady

3) This exchange between Barbrey Dustin and Theon:

"Why do you love the Starks?"

"I...I wanted to be one of them..."

"And never could. We have more in common than you know, my lord."

As far as I know, it's the first time Theon ever openly expresses his regret at never truly being a Stark, despite the fact that Ned basically raised him as his own. And it obviously works in conjunction with Lady Dustin's story about her love for Brandon Stark and why she has no love for the family anymore.

4) Sam's story about how his father treated him

" I see you" she whispered " I see you wolf child, blood child" I thought it was the Lord who smelled of death." She started to sob. Her little body shaking." You are cruel to come to my hill, cruel." "I gorged on grief at Summerhall. I need none of yours." Be gone from here Darkheart,begone."

The ghost of High Heart talking to Arya just emotionally wrecks

me.

Edit: spelling while sniffling.

Archived