Davos is one of my favorites because...

OrangeStallion

Davos is my favourite because...

...he's Davos!

I can't believe how somebody could not love, or at least like, Davos. I love everything about him: His POV, his chapters, his past and how he became a knight/lord/hand, his whole story from being born in Flea Bottom to the siege-rescue to now; his honesty, his honor, his bravery, his undying loyalty to Stannis and love for his family, he's so ordinary and humble, honest and caring and so damn refreshing in this story full of schemers, liars and murderers.

He understands people more than anyone, he wants to do the good, but sees himself and everyone as grey and just imperfect human, he's really clever and intelligent and does everything to become/be a good Hand.

His honesty and loyalty are his biggest qualities, but maybe also biggest flaws; he constantly says the truth even it's hard or it brings him in danger; is the opposite of a Yes Man, he believes in Stannis, his cause and his justice, fights for him, serves him, even goes to a place full of Freys and cunning Northmen or now cannibals for him; he complements his king; he knows his limits and sees his mistakes or failures.

He's a family-man, he loves his wife and sons and wants a good future for them; he really understands his king and can speak with the king's voice, he knows that he has to save Stannis sometimes from himself.

He's honest as Ned was, but he also knows all the dodges. He's a realist, can be passionate, but at the same time very reasonable, he survives against all odds, every time; he isn't naive, he can be badass and sly and set against orders when he wants to do the right thing; he was once a criminal and knows the world's bad and darkness and evilness; people like LF climb the ladder by scheming and with murders and intrigues, he did it with service, honesty and loyalty.

Almost nobody in Westeros will ever recognize it, but his doing and deeds changed so many things already and put so much in effect. He stands up against people like Mel or Freys, he grows more and more in his position as nobleman and Hand. And one of the most important things:

He'll never ever forget where he came from, what he owns Stannis and will always be thankful. He will always remember that he was once a smuggler from Flea Bottom, never saw himself as a knight, will maybe never see himself as a lord, but really began to see himself as the king's Hand and knows his duties as that.

And he always kept the finger joints as a reminder of his origins, but also Stannis' justice. He's a true hero, IMO, in ASOIAF and I can't not love him! <3

:commie: DAVOS :commie:

If Davos ever dies (in another way than as old, old man, surrounded by his family, in his own bed), it will be worse than all deaths that happened so far together, for me!

Out of my 4 favourite characters (Davos, Stannis, Theon, Jaime), I think, he has the definitely highest chance to be still alive at the end of the series.

His character, his back story, his actions, his POV's.

As far as POV's go i think his don't get enough credit. Much like Sansa's ( i know, i know, but go with me here) his chapters aren't about his thoughts, what he is planning, his goals. They are about whats going on around him, what he sees/hears and its up to us to winkle out what all that may mean for the greater story. (GNC is a great example)

I get so excited when its a Davos chapter because i feel like everything in them is a riddle asking to be solved.

And no, i didn't just change my name. Its been this since my 1st post.

Davos is obviously my favorite as well. Other than the great points made above, he's quite possibly the only character who already went through his redemption arc before we even met him.

Best POV's, fearless, stalwart.

The relationship between Stannis and Davos is one of the best in the series for me.

In fact, I have this mental image of Stannis dying and Davos fulfilling Stannis' dying wishes by seating Shireen on the Iron Throne and then looking up towards the sky.....

he's like a savvier Ned Stark.

Hey, don't insult my man Davos.

Seriously, Ned's a decent guy, but he has his own brand of arrogance. He doesn't even try to understand King's Landing politics because he considers himself to be superior to all those people and doesn't want to dirty himself. As a result, he makes one blunder after another.

Davos doesn't consider himself above anybody.

Hey, don't insult my man Davos.

Seriously, Ned's a decent guy, but he has his own brand of arrogance. He doesn't even try to understand King's Landing politics because he considers himself to be superior to all those people and doesn't want to dirty himself. As a result, he makes one blunder after another.

Davos doesn't consider himself above anybody.

Hey, Davos is my favorite, too. But when I say that he's a savvier Ned Stark, he doesn't let his brand of honor and justice blind him to the way the world works. Ned's upbringing and heritage bred that sort of pompous superiority in him, even if it wasn't as bad in him as it was in other lords. But everyone holds Ned in such high regard, while looking down on Davos, when in reality, Davos is everything people praise Ned Stark for.

Archived