Could Theon play a part in the Stark revival?

Fireandblood94

Ned Stark, as head of the Stark family, held Theon captive on behalf of the Stark family. Theon owes the Starks what Sansa owes the Lannisters. Nothing.

Maybe from this perspective, he does 'owe' them nothing. But I think his ADWD chapters suggest that he does still think of them with respect, even love (at least for the children, who he was raised with) - they are the closest thing to a positive family relationship he had, looking at Balon's rejection, and worse, Ramsay's torture; he feels shame and even reverence for the dead Starks when he is in the crypts. If he still has 'allegiance', it is for them. Hence why he thinks he should have died a Robb's side.

I don't really think his ruling the Iron Islands is an option - he is broken mentally, far more than just physically, by Ramsay's degradation. I don't think he can ever be the old Theon. But I would love to see his story end with redemption, and I think maybe, just maybe, doing something to revive the Starks may be it.

But what can he do, being so emasculated? I'm not sure he can physically fight; The human sacrifice theory is intriguing (have to see if I can find that thread somewhere), but perhaps his service to them will come more through some other service to Bran, or maybe through something as small as being able to clear up the whole fake Arya mishap.

The character said that after he had been tortured to insanity and back. And that's not even taking into account Theon's chronic case of Stockholm Syndrome: his desire to be a Stark was the underlying motivation for trying to hold onto Winterfell.

just quoting this cause it's awesome! and because it's a rare occasion where I see someone actually get the character, especially to this extent! I applaud you!

I love how the Theon haters make such an issue out of the Miller boys, yet see absolutely no problem with sacrificing him to a tree, or to Mel. Precious.

Or maybe one doesn't have to be a Theon hater to think that it would be narratively interesting for his character to be sacrificed in front of the tree.

I don't hate his character at all, but I could see how it would work with the story and his character. There's a reason that the ravens are calling for it, and the ravens are obviously being controlled by BR or Bran.

In any case, I would really, really hate to see him die to help the Starks. As if torture isn't enough, let's humiliate him further by pretending that he somehow needs to redeem himself in the eyes of his captors.

THIS is exactly how I feel about the whole "Theon should be sacrificed for the Starks" idea. He owes them nothing.

I especially like the idea of Theon killing Ramsay. Especially once Ramsay gets all lordly and legitimized, essentially everything he's ever really wanted. Theon doesn't have to do anything for the Starks, or anything for Asha, or anything for Stannis, or anything for anyone but himself to be complete in my eyes.

Maybe, getting Theon in front of the Heart tree is meant to facilitate some kind of divine intervention. Stannis can't claim that he is sacrificing Theon to the Old gods and then continue attempting to execute him once an act of the gods prevent his first attempt.

I have a pet scenario in my head that after helping Asha take the Seastone Chair, Theon retrieves Ned’s remains, which have finally emerged from the Neck transported by the Mormont and Reed forces. He may have to kill Barbrey Dustin to get to the bones, and (PLEASE GEORGE) sics Ramsay's own dogs on him, but takes a mortal wound in doing so. He successfully makes it to Winterfell and inters Ned’s bones in the crypts, then dies.

Archived