What's your favorite chapter in ASOIAF?

zeppelincheetah

ASOS, chapter 80, Sansa's pov. I think this may be some of the most lyrical writing GRRM ever produced; it shows that as well as being a kingdom/character/society building mastermind, his writing can be beautiful, too. The characterisation is pretty amazing, and the prose is awesome - I get a different facet of LF, and the sense that maybe Sansa is going to be so much more than just 'a stupid girl' by the end of ASOIAF.

It's about my favourite last chapter of any fantasy novel. It soothes after the horrors of the Starks' fate. Without being twee, or unrealistic, it suggests that somehow, some part of the Starks will endure.

Probably Chapter 29 of A Dance with Dragons, where Davos is awaiting his execution and later gets the truth from Lord Wyman, as well as getting assigned to find Rickon. One hell of a cliffhanger, probably my favorite of the series as well.

The runner-ups would be all Theon/Reek chapters in Dance and anything involving the kingsmoot in Feast.

About as random as possible, but really, my favorite that I find myself rereading over and over again is Jon VI from ASoS. I just really love it when he makes it back to Castle Black...it's the beginning of all the big changes for his character.

Archived