Is it just me, or is Danny super conceded and self absorbed?

StCity86

It seems like everyone is astonished by her just because she didn't burn in the fire and has 3 dragons. Like she's one of a kind and there for must be the perfect queen.

She shows how very high she thinks of herself when she's outside bickering with the spice merchant from Qarth about his ships. She basically says he HAS to help her by giving her ships because she was unburnt and was " the MOTHER of DRAGONS!"

And then on top of that, every time she accomplishes something, she makes sure her introduction becomes that much longer every time she is introduced.... And on the show at least, the girl playing her does a good job of displaying this look of self righteousness everytime she's introduced or put on display.

I guess my point is, everything that's supposed to be special about her... Aren't they just traits that all Targarians possess?

Am I wrong by thinking she's full of herself? I haven't read much of the books. Just the end of book 3 and I've started feast for crows recently, so I haven't read much from her POV to know. But she seems like she might be defeated quickly once she finally makes it to Westeros {if she even does}

You know what I meant based on the content of the post.

Why does everyone feel the need to be grammar police. No offense. Just saying. It's like people just can't help themselves from needing to tell you everytime u spell something wrong or get similar sounding words mixed up.

That they're ain't necessary. Wear do you get the nerve? We're you sirius? I'VE HAS IT ALL.

You know what I meant based on the content of the post.

Why does everyone feel the need to be grammar police. No offense. Just saying. It's like people just can't help themselves from needing to tell you everytime u spell something wrong or get similar sounding words mixed up.

That they're ain't necessary. Wear do you get the nerve? We're you sirius? I'VE HAS IT ALL.

Well, if you're going to blast a character for being something, you should at least spell the word correctly in the title of the post :p

I watched the first 2 seasons before picking up the books and I really liked Dany. However, now that I have read the complete series and watched all the seasons on HBO, I really don't like her either. I do think she is a product of her genes = Targaryean I definitely do not want her to regain the Iron Throne on behalf of her line.

• 2 weeks later...

She brought dragons but to life after they were gone for a century.She did something extraordinary.She should be proud of herself.

And no they aren't.

None of the Targaryens are immune to fire.Not even Dany(the show thinks differently though so i understand your confusion).

So targaryens being immune to fire is a myth.

She brought dragons but to life after they were gone for a century.She did something extraordinary.She should be proud of herself.

And no they aren't.

None of the Targaryens are immune to fire.Not even Dany(the show thinks differently though so i understand your confusion).

So targaryens being immune to fire is a myth.

Actually, the show doesn't think differently, we've simply heard Dany say that fire cannot harm a dragon. So it just could be that Dany is wrong and will learn a quick lesson when she does get burned.

Actually, the show doesn't think differently, we've simply heard Dany say that fire cannot harm a dragon. So it just could be that Dany is wrong and will learn a quick lesson when she does get burned.

Actually i think she said fire cannot kill a dragon and not all the targs are considered Dragons ...there is a small difference in there dont you think so

Actually i think she said fire cannot kill a dragon and not all the targs are considered Dragons ...there is a small difference in there dont you think so

She only said "He [Viserys] was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon". Never anything about "not all Targaryans are dragons", nor anything about wider implications or the fact that Targaryans are immune to fire.

I don't think the story has change the definition from the books (which was hazy on the subject until the last book, anyway). My point is that how would Dany know? She may think something, but she's obviously been told all sorts of bullshit from her brother. If she ends up getting burned in the show, she may not understand why. We'll just how to see how they twist it.

She only said "He [Viserys] wasn't a dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon". She never said anything about not all targs being considered dragons. There was never any wider implication. I don't think the story has change the definition from the books (which was hazy on the subject until the last book, anyway).

yeah she never said that ..but we can get that from people calling Rhaegar as the last dragon ...so if all the targs were considered Dragon then he wouldnt have been last dragon because there was Viserys and Danny alive ....

other than Viserys himself i dont think anyone called him a Dragon

but i agree with you subject being hazy

yeah she never said that ..but we can get that from people calling Rhaegar as the last dragon ...so if all the targs were considered Dragon then he wouldnt have been last dragon because there was Viserys and Danny alive ....

other than Viserys himself i dont think anyone called him a Dragon

but i agree with you subject being hazy

Yeah, even many book readers were confused about it until Martin straight up said that Targaryans were not immune to fire. I'm almost wondering if Martin put in Jon's burning as a way to throw people off? Guess we'll see.

No in the show for example

She isn't burned by Drogon's,Viserion's,Rhaegals' fire in tHotU.

She isn't burned by the dragon eggs when her handmaid is.

And she has no problem with steaming hot bathtubs.

No in the show for example

She isn't burned by Drogon's,Viserion's,Rhaegals' fire in tHotU.

She isn't burned by the dragon eggs when her handmaid is.

And she has no problem with steaming hot bathtubs.

Being more resistant to fire than a normal human being doesn't mean that she's immune to fire.

It seems like everyone is astonished by her just because she didn't burn in the fire and has 3 dragons. Like she's one of a kind and there for must be the perfect queen.

She shows how very high she thinks of herself when she's outside bickering with the spice merchant from Qarth about his ships. She basically says he HAS to help her by giving her ships because she was unburnt and was " the MOTHER of DRAGONS!"

And then on top of that, every time she accomplishes something, she makes sure her introduction becomes that much longer every time she is introduced.... And on the show at least, the girl playing her does a good job of displaying this look of self righteousness everytime she's introduced or put on display.

I guess my point is, everything that's supposed to be special about her... Aren't they just traits that all Targarians possess?

Am I wrong by thinking she's full of herself? I haven't read much of the books. Just the end of book 3 and I've started feast for crows recently, so I haven't read much from her POV to know. But she seems like she might be defeated quickly once she finally makes it to Westeros {if she even does}

Every ruler who wants to stand a chance at ruling needs to take special care of how he/she presents himself/herself to those he/she presumes to rule over, or to who he/she tries to show he/she is an equal.

Dany is a ruler with, at the time of Clash, barely an army, and presentation is all she has, and can use, before people lose interest. She needs it to try and gain help (in Clash, though, in Qarth, that obviously fails).

There is no Dany POV in Feast, but there will be in the 5th book, and she does a lot of learning there. You might actually like her a bit better in Dance, I dare say, judging by your OP :)

Mild Dance spoiler below, a shorrt statement on Dany's arc and actions in Dance

As presentation no longer is the most important card Dany has to play in Dance, she actually gets to rule, and shows that she;s willing to give up personal happiness in order to help her subjects

• 9 months later...

Well, if you're going to blast a character for being something, you should at least spell the word correctly in the title of the post :P

Plus wouldnt you rather learn how to spell the word correctly? learning is a wonderous thing, I am truly shocking at spelling but i welcome people to correct me so that i might get it right the next time.

Knowledge is power, or unless you take Cersi's viewpoint....

Archived