Random Thought: Jaime = J'aime = I love

Mal Malenkirk

Look guys, don't really think too much into this. Jaime is a Spanish and Portuguese name, one of the most common, actually. It's pronounce completely different, but that's another story.

Probably, Martin liked it and use it for one of his characters.

The real question is...Tytos, then Tywin, then...Jaime? Why? And why would yu call your most hated son TYrion, using the Lannister form? I've always wondered that.

Look guys, don't really think too much into this. Jaime is a Spanish and Portuguese name, one of the most common, actually. It's pronounce completely different, but that's another story.

Probably, Martin liked it and use it for one of his characters.

The real question is...Tytos, then Tywin, then...Jaime? Why? And why would yu call your most hated son TYrion, using the Lannister form? I've always wondered that.

Let's not forget Tybolt... but there was a Daemon Lannister before him.

But... I think Tywin coming off the huge problem with Lannisters losing respect and then achieving the "Rains of Castamere" he probably wanted a name that was new to the line, a rebirthing of the Lannister name. Then when Tywin saw his first two kids were turning out rotten, he did the best he could to right the ship by keeping Tyrion and naming him with a classic Lannister name.

Nope. Sorry.

And as far as I can recall Jaime has never done anything for love. Lust, yes. Glory, sure. Duty, you bet. Honor...honor is a new one for him.

Perhaps somewhere within him, Jaime has the potential of loving Brienne. But he's not quite to that point yet.

What?

Tyrion saved his brother for love, he tried to kill a child out of love, be pretty fucking weird if he did either of those for glory or lust.

Let's not forget Tybolt... but there was a Daemon Lannister before him.

But... I think Tywin coming off the huge problem with Lannisters losing respect and then achieving the "Rains of Castamere" he probably wanted a name that was new to the line, a rebirthing of the Lannister name. Then when Tywin saw his first two kids were turning out rotten, he did the best he could to right the ship by keeping Tyrion and naming him with a classic Lannister name.

Well, there are Janei, Jason, Joanna, even Joffrey. All start with 'Ja' or 'Jo'. Jaime may very well be just a less common Lannister name. Naming everyone 'Ty' is not a rule. Tommen was a Lannister king, there were a lot of Lancels and so on. Cersei thought is the one weirdly named.

Let's not forget that Tywin respected Joanna's opinion a lot. It may very well be her who named the twins.

Well, there are Janei, Jason, Joanna, even Joffrey. All start with 'Ja' or 'Jo'. Jaime may very well be just a less common Lannister name. Naming everyone 'Ty' is not a rule. Tommen was a Lannister king, there were a lot of Lancels and so on. Cersei thought is the one weirdly named.

Let's not forget that Tywin respected Joanna's opinion a lot. It may very well be her who named the twins.

This is what I've always thought, that Joanna was the one who named them.

Archived