If George RR Martin wrote Lord of the Rings (Didn't know where to put this)

Christian Walters

It's not necessary, we already have Silmarilion, with all the genocides, "grey characters ",incest,betraying,etc.

Tolkien could change his style at will, and I would love to se a more classic fantasy work by GRRM -based in the age of heroes of ASoIaF.

Because all this morally grey characters, plot within plots is so Duneesque.

Aah,I would love to read a Martin book set in the Dune universe.

JRRT seemed to thread his own experiences in WW1 trenches into Middle Earth stories. Switzerland was one place he imagined where Hobbits could live. (One of his holidays spend there.)

Has GRRM weaved Vietnam into his books? He would've been affected by all that went on, like it did with so many round the same age as he was then. (Late teens to Mid/Late 20s)

All fantasy has some basis in reality, although it extends boundaries when it needs to.

All I know is:

Melisandre > Gandalf

Really? Who do you have Thoros as? Radagast?

I forget the wizard hierarchy before Grey. Mel seems more borderline with a certain White Wiz..... UH-OH! Mel is.... she can't be.... Can she?

Didn't Mel say she felt stronger at The Wall? Was she hinting at something.....? She's Saruman?

Mind you, she could be a Blue like Pallando or Alatar. (Have i recalled their names correctly?)

Really? Who do you have Thoros as? Radagast?

I forget the wizard hierarchy before Grey. Mel seems more borderline with a certain White Wiz..... UH-OH! Mel is.... she can't be.... Can she?

Didn't Mel say she felt stronger at The Wall? Was she hinting at something.....? She's Saruman?

Mind you, she could be a Blue like Pallando or Alatar. (Have i recalled their names correctly?)

Omg melissandre is saruman using glamour!

Frodo would amuse himself by flaying Gollum's fingers and toes.

Galadriel would take the Ring and use it to fight Sauron.

Gandalf would burn captives alive, in order to obtain magical power.

Eomer and Eowyn would be incestuous lovers.

Instead of the Ring, the whole mission would be to throw a whining Joffrey into the fires of Mordor. Always with the all-seeing eye of Lena Headey trying to foil their every move.

But rather than sending goblins and ogres to try to stop them, she'd send Lancel, Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon boy for all I know.

Less lembas, more lesbians.

All missing characters would be hiding in Tom Bombadil's moving castle.

The book ends in a cliffhanger right before gondor is to be attacked by Mordor's forces.

The next book is mostly about Haradish characters, their arcs go nowhere.

Jousting Hobbits.

Most likely, we'd be still wondering and theorising if Frodo and Sam will ever make it to Mordor.

Yes there would be the Rivendale knot..... Frodo and Sam would both die, and Sauron wouldn't be evil but grey. The ring wraiths would be misunderstood, and Gandalf the white wouldn't exist.

• Worse worldbuilding, with plenty of flat cultures and/or economies that make no sense (o hai Iron Islands and Summer Islands and seemingly everywhere in Essos we've seen except Braavos).

Stiffer prose.

Less songs.

More food.

More swearing.

More pissing and shitting.

Much more rape.

Sex scenes with silly descriptions (fat pink mast, her cunt became the world, and so on).

Archived