Jon, Bloodraven, Mel, and TWOW Spoilers

The WOIAF says that the Children sacrificed a thousand of their young to generate the power needed to summon the Hammer of the Waters. Clearly blood sacrifice powers spells. The more powerful the spell, the more powerful must be the blood of the person that is sacrificed. With King's Blood being the most powerful.

Enter Theon, the current true king of the Ironborn.

Why does there have to be textual evidence of something happening before for it to happen now? With the exception of the Others, what evidence was there that anyone could be brought back from the dead before we learned about Thoros bringing back Beric? Maybe I completely missed something (have only read the series once) but I don't remember it at all. GRRM can pull something out of thin air that didn't happen before.

The WOIAF says that the Children sacrificed a thousand of their young to generate the power needed to summon the Hammer of the Waters. Clearly blood sacrifice powers spells. The more powerful the spell, the more powerful must be the blood of the person that is sacrificed. With King's Blood being the most powerful.

If I'm not mistaken ,

this was the spell they worked after the arrival of the first men , in an attempt to stop the spread of the Andal invasion ?

It was powerful, no doubt..but how well did it work ? Their goals were still not all achieved , were they ? And were there not unintended consequences ?

AFAIK, there is still no proof that the CoTF used blood sacrifice before men came to Westeros.. that may be a particular method of working magic that the First Men brought with them. Just as First Men adopted the CoTF Old Gods , the CoTF may have decided to adopt a few methods of these men they had been unable to vanquish by usual means. Whatever power now resides in King's Blood may have been magically induced and intended for another use altogether.

When Bran thinks "No, dont." as he's about to witness an apparent sacrifice in his weirwood vision , where does that come from? In his very first chapter, we see him learning to watch an execution without looking away. The people in his vision are no-one he recognizes , no-one he could ever have known, so his personal feelings are not involved. Goodness knows he's seen plenty of death and bloodshed since the beginning of AGoT.

But.. he is connected to the "weirnet" and "No, don't" may be a collective response , not just Bran's own sentiments. It may not be an emotional response at all , but practical , knowing the downside of what this kind of action has brought, historically.

The trees are already as close to immortal as you can get, so it's doubtful that blood actually "feeds" them in any way .. and questionable that the Old Gods find it pleasing.

I have a feeling Theon will not be sacrificed.

They would both count. I think Mel's fire magic will restore his body. That seems to be something the Red Gods servants are good at, if the body is properly stored. However, Jon's mind would be gone, since it will probably be quite some time before ressurection. That's where BR and Ghost come in. Jon's mind lives on, intact in Ghost, after his body is restored, Bran and/or BR will lead his mind back into his body. This will leave Jon with a more wolfish spirit, but he would still retain most of his prestabbing traits.

What makes you think if Jon dies he will lose his mind ?

Interesting u mention King's blood in this post maybe Gendry should change his name to Hammer of the Waters lol

What makes you think if Jon dies he will lose his mind ?

Berric lost something every time he returned. Catelyn, who was revived after to much time has passed has basically become another person altogether. If Jon dies, I don't expect him to be revived immediately, he'll stay in Ghost for quite some time. This will protect his ghost from going Lady Stoneheart crazy, although when he returns, he'll be a bit more wolfish.

Good question. He might lose some of himself, but I think Dondarrion forgot so much because he died six different times. Who knows how much he forgot the first time he died.

Well, I have a very firm belief that Mel is undead in the same way Beric and Cat are, and so is Moqorro, so, maybe all the top tier priests are (Thoros was promising, but junior). Anyway, they are just better preserved. We are guessing Beric died when he breathed his fire into Cat, so Mel might go as well.

That would shock a lot of people.

Berric lost something every time he returned. Catelyn, who was revived after to much time has passed has basically become another person altogether. If Jon dies, I don't expect him to be revived immediately, he'll stay in Ghost for quite some time. This will protect his ghost from going Lady Stoneheart crazy, although when he returns, he'll be a bit more wolfish.

Beric and Catelyn actually died for periods of times like days, hours and minutes if Jon dies he will not die he will be alive in ghost. Maybe he get's more bad ass which wouldn't hurt him

It just occurred to me, and this is based on how often we hear Jon being told "kill the boy, and let the man be born", that there might be an actual birth of some kind involved in Jon's resurrection. Maybe instead of the kiss of fire, Melisandre pulls out the old shadow baby gag from way back in ACoK and gives birth to Jon the Shade--though now that I think about it, I guess she'd have to get physical with Ghost to pull that off, and I don't think anybody wants that.

Or actually, I'm pretty sure there's got to be at least one guy out there who wants that. So bully for him, I guess.

The priests of Ry'hlor also seem to be healers. I think it far more likely that Jon will NOT die. Mel may heal him before that happens, and she's not very far away.

And besides, having Jon become some sort of zombie is downright creepy and for this to happen to one of the major characters at this point in the story with so many mysteries concerning him just doesn't seem to fit GRRM's style in my humble opinion.

It just occurred to me, and this is based on how often we hear Jon being told "kill the boy, and let the man be born", that there might be an actual birth of some kind involved in Jon's resurrection. Maybe instead of the kiss of fire, Melisandre pulls out the old shadow baby gag from way back in ACoK and gives birth to Jon the Shade--though now that I think about it, I guess she'd have to get physical with Ghost to pull that off, and I don't think anybody wants that.

Or actually, I'm pretty sure there's got to be at least one guy out there who wants that. So bully for him, I guess.

I'll admit it .... I laughed. :devil:

I think he'll be alive he might not even need magic to come back, he got stabbed but I mean people irl have gruesome injuries and survive all the time ie 50 cent. It could all be a eed heiring, the vaymer prologue about warging and second lives and mel being at the wall us as readers arw looking for magic to bring him back but instead he survives on his own

I believe this could happen too. As long as they don't hit a major artery or organ he could survive without magic. I don't think there is a maester at Castle Black at the moment though I could be wrong about that. I am somewhat concerned about that stomach wound. Of everything they described that was the one that was most worrisome to me. The second was the supposed nick on his neck. If they "nicked" the carotid things won't end well.

Archived