How do you think Jaime will react after he hears of the Walk of Penance?

SinLann

IF Jaime is not killed by LSH & eventually finds out what happened with Cersei how do you think will he react? What will be his thoughts about the whole humiliation which Cersei suffered? Will he hold himself partly responsible for ignoring her plea for help? Will he feel glad that she was punished for her deeds? Will he think it was justice not matter how harsh? Or will once again Jaime revert to being rash & do something incredibly stupid...."the things he does for love" sort?

Yeah he's kind of upset with her right now but, on the other hand, he's not a misogynistic asshole, so I'm guessing he'll be quite peeved.

I highly doubt he'll be opposed for women's rights reasons. She was hardly sympathetic when he lost his hand, so I doubt he'll have much in return.

Jamie is obviously very angry at Cersei, but he does love her. I think he'll be upset that she was treated that way, but he's not going to rush to her side or defense. He's torn between his love for her but also how betrayed he feels. He may want to rush off to KL and help his twin, but I think Jamie will decide that Cersei has made her own bed and now he is on a different path than her.

If he has any Tywin traits he'll be quite unhappy with this as an insult to House Lannister. He's got a pretty good idea of Cersei's character by now so I don't see him shedding any tears over her personal humiliation.

Pretty much. I also wouldn't be surprised if Jaime thought that Cersei was the one who killed Kevan.

I think Jaime will feel pity for Cersei. But I don’t think he will ran out to defend her now. He was perfectly aware of the situation she was in. His response to her desperate pleas was “put this in the fire”.

If you look at how Jaime’s thoughts/feelings towards Cersei have changed from ASOS to ADWD, you have to admit that there is a marked difference. Love dies. The Jaime from ASOS would have done anything to save Cersei. The thought of her being in danger would have driven him mad. He wouldn't have rested until she was safe in his arms. The Jaime in ADWD knows that Cersei could be put to death at any moment, and yet he’s happily chatting with his squires and peeping at Hildy.

Anyways, GRRM was recently asked about Jaime and Cersei. This is what he said:

THE DAILY BEAST: Where do you see Jaime and Cersei headed?

GRRM:

Well, as for the books, I have two more to write. I’m certainly going to be dealing with Jaime. Jaime and Cersei’s relationship is in a very different place in the books than the show has reached now. They are effectively estranged now. Jaime is very angry with Cersei over the stuff that Tyrion told him—that she’s been sleeping with Lancel and the Kettleblacks and Moon Boy. And the Kettleblacks and Moon Boy don’t even exist in the series.

I would be interested in hearing what people make of this statement. To me it seemed like GRRM wanted to make it clear that Jaime and Cersei were estranged in the books, lest the tv show confuse the issue.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Jaime thought that Cersei was the one who killed Kevan.

Jaime was already concerned for Kevan. "When sons were killing fathers, what was there to stop a niece from ordering an uncle slain? An inconvenient uncle, who knows too much."

I think he will definitely suspect Cersei.

He will momentarily put aside his own grudge and go to her feeling a bit guilty for not coming when asked, then she will treat him badly refusing him cause he was willingly too late, at this point Jamie will feel antagonised and his heart - full of those negative feelings and thoughts he just pushed under a tiny rug - will explode and their day will end with a very bad argument that will definitely ruin and break their relationship.

Might end with Cersei death given the fortune we have read, but it's probably too predictable..

Jamie is obviously very angry at Cersei, but he does love her. I think he'll be upset that she was treated that way, but he's not going to rush to her side or defense. He's torn between his love for her but also how betrayed he feels. He may want to rush off to KL and help his twin, but I think Jamie will decide that Cersei has made her own bed and now he is on a different path than her.

Feel the exact same way, but I think when Cersei gets back into power, the first thing she does is send some troops against Jaime and Brienne. Brienne will be killed, and Jaime will survive, so any slight pity he may have had for her will vanish.

Jaime certainly feels a lot less for Cersei than he did a few books back. When he eventually hears of all that happened he may have a bit of guilt, and he may even care. But I don't think we'll ever see Jaime defend her again. The Lannister name is nothing much anymore, they're in debt to their teeth and everything is up in the air about the future.

Pretty much this. I don't see Jaime running to her rescue any time soon despite how he may still feel. I think he's gradually falling out of love with her.

I don't think Jaime is going to see Cersei until the LAST time he sees her. He may struggle with his feelings if he hears about what happened to her in one of his POVs if it comes to pass, but I think events will keep him from returning to KL until the end of the series, or until GRRM is ready to kill one or both of them off. I suspect it won't happen until the last book.

Archived